All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, I recall being involved in discussions regarding the GUI's mouse sampling. I did a lot of the testing. I'd forgotten the sampling needed to be that high for any context (not just the GUI). That's why a hardware-based mouse system is so attractive for these old machines (Apple II had one); but the GUI's mouse driver is tweaked sufficiently; and it's good to have it running on stock hardware.
  3. Hi Spanner ! I was playing with 2600+ last night, using PCUAE 4.1.1. and it worked great at laoding cartridges. I activated cartridge loading via the .txt file, since my usb OTG is a mini-usb a thus is plugged into the internal port, son no USB controllers for me. Maybe that'll address Atarimonster's problem, just play the cartridges in PCAUE Stella (it's the same as the factory one, I assume). BUT I have one question in that regard : How do I remove Stella's on-screen messages ? (It says "Stella-0.7" at the bottom). And if it's not too to much to ask : Is there any way that I can fit PCUAE, just the 2600+ components, on a 2 GB stick (1.84 gb available after formatting) ?
  4. Lucky, enough for me I already owe one of these, the Corcomp 512k Ramdisk which can also be your 32k memory expansion. You can infact have two of them in your PEB, but not going to grab a second one, so here is the listing from the eBay seller in Thailand that slowly been selling off lots of great rare stuff. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/404940027508
  5. Since everything is USB, and there are apparently solder pads for two more USB ports on the Board, Has anyone considered making the Reset, Option, Select, Start buttons actually real buttons by adding in the board for a controller and putting some sort of yellow buttons in the spots?
  6. It's reading the mouse thirty or forty times per frame in a loop and apparently doing little else but that until it gets a button down.
  7. I've often wondered (but haven't bothered to try to figure out) if RC could be GPU assisted. OpenCL has both C and C++ micro kernels.
  8. From what I understand, Midway first released Kick without references to Pac-Man. Then that game became popular, and they figured they held at least the North American rights to the character and added it to the game, to make it Kick-Man. Since it wasn't really a Pac-Man sequel, probably Namco didn't care all that much.
  9. These are conversions done manually, what some people are trying to figure out is a way to convert them automatically do it using an adapter, maybe with a microprocessor inside it to convert the colors that aren't available on the Master System. But if you already play in a flash cart there aren't many reasons to want something like that.
  10. Here's the disk for TBM Draw. The pointer is solid if you're not drawing anything. If you freehand draw, you can confuse the pointer, but you have to move pretty quickly to do it (at least in Altirra on NTSC; didn't try in PAL yet). TB Mouse + TBM Draw.atr
  11. Sounds right. I found old code from 1994. It uses multiple DLIs to set up an 800Hz mouse read routine, and uses a VBI to display a PMG cursor. Cutting that down too much made everything choppy.
  12. I believe the code name was the Revolution Shmevolution, but that wasn't bad enough so they changed it.
  13. Bonjour J’ai une résistance R47 cassée sur mon Lynx 2. Pouvez-vous me dire la résistance en ohms de celui-ci ? Schémas (Atari Lynx II) - RetroSix Wiki Sur les schémas j’en trouve 46 K ! Est-ce juste parce que sur internet je vois des références à 4.7K ? Merci pour vos réponses. Salutations sincères.
  14. It's just Fantastic. Physically, it's the most detailed retro-console yet: the switches, the textures, even the cable materials. And the joystick and paddles are perfect replicas. But the most revolutionary and hard-hitting feature is the Dumper, i.e. that it's cartridge-based. That just changes the game (no pun intended), the way Retro will be approached from now on. Atari is breaking new ground, just like in 1977. And now, thanks to the efforts of the homebrew community, we can even load ROMS into stella from USB, distancing the 2600+ even more from the other "Minis". I mean, now you can have a full "ROM Set" just like in any other retro console, if that's your thing, but you can also go for "Full Immersion" and buy (or fetch from the dusty old closet) some genuine old VCS cartridges to play on your 40" 4K OLED TV (even in 4:3 aspect to boot !), or you can buy Atari's new releases and companion accessories, or you can use your old joysticks and paddles from 40 years ago. The 2600+ is limitless in that sense, in that it lets you play Atari any way you want. Gee, if you went down homebrew path, you can even use USB controllers (I personally think it's silly). AND THAT ILLUMINATED ATARI LOGO ON THE FRONT IS SOOOO COOL (TAKE THAT NINTENDO AND SEGA !). Objectively, the only thing dragging the 2600+ down is the Dumper's compatibility issues (because Stella can play literally everything), but that's being worked on right here at AtariAge (ckeck the top forum discussions).
  15. 5200, 7800, Sega CD, Apple Pippin, CD32, 32X were all consoles not delivering what they initially promised. There is not really anything substantial that objectively would back up "worst console of all time". From the technological side, the Jaguar falls short of its potential but that is what keeps people interested. The "Even the 32 bit PSX and Saturn were more powerful than the "64 bit" Jaguar - Jaguar sucks!" argument is lame and was debunked several times. The graphics hardware of the PSX and Saturn was more advanced than the Jaguar and the "64 bits" logo does not change that.
  16. General, GUI: doesn't make any difference. Fifty or sixty 'gray code' samples a second isn't going to result in a usable mouse pointer. Aside from the drivers examined at the beginning of this project, I recall a driver called 'Multi Mouse' published in Page 6 Magazine which was intended to interface with BASIC, etc, and that just put the machine into a blocking loop reading the mouse until the button was pressed. This of course worked perfectly well (since movement on both axes was being constantly monitored) as long as you don't need the computer to be doing anything at all while the user is moving the mouse around the desk. A great deal of discussion and development was invested in sampling the mouse at the highest possible rate using the least possible machine cycles, and experimentation showed that once the sampling dropped below 500Hz or so, it was crap.
  17. Space Invaders is a pretty good title to have as a first Atari cartridge. My first Atari cartridge came with an Atari 800 Home Computer I bought at a yard sale, years ago. It was Caverns of Mars, also a pretty good first Atari cartridge. I can't recall the first 2600 cartridge I owned, but it was probably something ordinary like Combat, which is still a lot of fun to play as a 2-player game. Be careful, though. 30 or so years from now you may find yourself with more Atari cartridges than you know where to put them. Kinda like The Trouble with Tribbles episode from the original Star Trek series, only more adorable. -Ben
  18. If you're ever at a party with a lot of women and you don't have any cards for strip poker, break out the old TI 99/4a and load up Strip or Skip. Everyone takes turns round robin style. Strip or Skip.wav
  19. This is a great emulator nicely designed. Thank You! I am having an issue if anyone has an idea! Everything loads great! Seems when I load a more demanding Homebrew works fine the first time. If I switch games or leave the computer on and go back to a game it lags then speeds up even less demanding games will do this. But if I reboot the computer the first game I run works fine again. Seems like something’s not clearing out of memory maybe? I have no issues running all my other emulators MAME, RetroArch, Stella, …. Not the best computer but it runs plenty of games, programs with no issues. It’s not a gaming machine it won’t run the latest games. runs pleanty of Steam games. I tried a few suggestions in the thread DirectX and video to auto. With no luck.
  20. This is the longest conversion I ran: Green Acres (I estimated 6 - 8 months continuously running).
  21. One final question. You said you didn't want to do other projects. But are you willing to allow what you publish to be used by someone else to create a derivative product, yet not an exact clone? My question is if I get someone to read what you published so far on this, do I have your permission to have this person make a pc-15 game port connected version of a 16-way Intellivision joystick adapte In other words, do you okay him looking at what you've already typed and if he is able to easily make the substitution between two axis analog stick directly wired like you're doing, and pc15 game port control input, like what I want, are you okay with that? Just checking.
  1. Load more activity