All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Gotcha. Well at least you get 5 lives (plus bonuses) to compensate for bad luck. Thanks!
  3. So... I'll try to be as politically correct here as I can. I would say for the most part, you have to recognize the current "movement." Back when I was in school, being gay was weird, and we'd make fun of you unless we know that you were outright gay, in which case we were understanding and most people were cool with it (at least my friends). Today, more than half of middle and high schools are some form of "other," and well... being bi is super-acceptable. I'm not going to make any judgements here, but you know, most kids are trying to figure themselves out in middle and early high school... so it's just what it is. Almost all my daughter's friends are "other." With all of that in mind, you have to recognize that most of the people this game attracts is going to be the younger generation, and well... it appropriately reflects the staffing at WoTC. Also, this is really indicative of the people in the Steam Forums too. Mostly younger kids... mostly all biologically white males... almost all of them trans or have furry-related names. As for what you're saying... yes, pretty much. Basically, everyone you recruit is kind of hitting on you all the time, regardless of what your gender is. Honestly, I should have a female character because I'd much rather be looking at a shapely 4K female but than some dude walking around... but when I play these games, I always attempt to do so how I would want to portray myself in these times... so I pick a dude / Paladin. But based on my assumption, if I was to create a female character, everyone would still be hitting on me, regardless. Think of literally every character being "fluid" ... and there's no mention anywhere of sex or gender, or preference. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that you might start going down a conversation path with one of your teammates, that ends up being sexual in nature when you don't want it to be. One of the earlier conversations you can have with the first male characters you find that joins your party, is where the wizard offers to teach you magic. I'm like... OK, this sounds great. Now... I've never been on the male dating scene before, so maybe I missed an obvious innuendo there, but I was going right along... and then the Wizard started getting really close to me, speaking softly into my ear, and I'm like... dude... I'm not really into this. Except, there's no "Dude, I'm not really into this," option. So, you either have to fail a roll... (ah man, I screwed up my magic), or click the "Leave" button. I mean... I wanted to learn some magic... that's all I wanted. And then the thief... if you fail a perception roll (he tricks you), he'll get on top of you and puts a knife to your neck, and starts commenting about how sexy your neck is. Later in the game, he starts trying to get really intimate with you and asking if he can just take a little nibble, and that it'll be great for both of you (he's a vampire). And again, there's no... "Dude, I'm not into this," option. Again, I have to assume the responses are exactly the same regardless of whether you pick a male or female (or... the male / female body type, because they aren't defined that way). Easiest way to say it is... everyone secretly wants a piece of you... even when they're pissed. So, you just have to pick your responses carefully or it could take you down a certain path. You can't be innocent when you play this game, you have to assume literally everyone wants your junk. Once you get the hang of it though, it's really not a big deal. The game plays really, really well... but the time-suck thing is a problem for me. I've got tons of home renovations and schoolwork I should be doing, but for like 5 days straight after work, I've been playing it. I think I've got 29 hours so far, and I feel like a loser. Hahah... I was asking a question on the Steam Forums, and I couldn't remember the characters names, but used descriptors "the one-horned Devil Lady" to which I was very scolded and reminded that her name is Karlach of the Tieflings (apparently you can bang her too). This one guy got really mad at me, and told me I was trying to be cool and act like a rapper (or something). I don't know, but I looked at his information and he had over 790 hours in Balder's Gate 3. I politely reminded "Lord Nibbler" that while I'm not trying to be judgy, 790 hours equates to literally half a year's worth of full-time work at 40 hours a day. So... you can apparently really get addicted to this game. A friend bought it for me... so if you want to save your money... don't buy it. It's good... go out and start running every night, do push ups... do anything other than play this game. EDIT: This is what I put as the heading of my post asking for questions... "One-Horned Teifling and the Tyr guy in the village with all the dead people..." I didn't remember the girl's name, but my concern was that she was upset with me for something she thought I did, which I know I clearly didn't do. Bottom line, I kind of played the game where I would just explore and keep walking through doors rather than "clearing the fog of war" on every map. So I set off a bunch of variables that basically caused things to happen that I didn't necessarily want to happen. I'm restarting the game so I can play through a little bit more slowly and not rush it. Most people were really helpful, but this was the comment I'm talking about, which was hilarious... Like, I didn't want to insult the guy, he obviously takes it very seriously. But damn... I'm a 46 year old man... I've got a family, a full time job, lots of hobbies, and a child who's life I'm very involved in (she's in multiple sports, music, etc... and we have to drive her around and participate). Not to mention I'm constantly going to school to get degrees. So shit on me if I want to play a game and forget the names of the characters... haha...
  4. The Smithsonian Speech Synthesis History Project, conducted by H. David Maxey in 1986-2002, has a LOT of useful background on the field, including a section on TI's efforts, with a quote from Goudie indicating that the TIPC speech board used a modified version of MITalk (also covered in the SSSHP project). Among other things, there is referenced an IEEE Spectrum article by Frantz and Wiggins that may be of interest here; @FarmerPotato has probably read it (probably posted a link here, too, but I'm too busy reorganizing a bunch of stuff to look) but it may be of use to others. I don't have access myself, regrettably. 1982 Frantz, Gene A. and Richard H. Wiggins, "Design case history: Speak & Spell learns to talk," IEEE Spectrum, Feb. 1982, pp. 45-49. Development of Speak & Spell speech synthesizer.
  5. Wow! It looks really good. You can go up to 32K for your games. Currently, there is no support for bank-switching. I'm working on more optimization for the CVBasic compiler so you can regain a few kilobytes in big programs.
  6. Short IRG mode with a delay between SIOV calls should be enough -- it should already be writing continuous mark tone (1) after the end of each block.
  7. As for some trivia in between, some time ago I learned that "case" still refers to the set of letters of the typesetter, when the typesetter had one case (the upper case) with the capitals sorted in, and another one below with the small letters. Although Gutenberg invented the printing press, we don't have a similar (known) term in German, just "big letter" and "small letter". By the way, the lower case letters are from medieval times (8th century), and the capitals, of course, from the Romans. I also learned that in Arabic, you have four "cases": starting, middle, ending, and isolated.
  8. Yes, tested w/a Hyperkin (before 8bitdo retro arrived) and then yesterday w/a Gemini controller (after thorough testing w/the dongle + adapter cable): both controllers worked fine. Tested at both ports.
  9. Autocorrector guilty! I never noticed when the computer added automatically the extra period. I've removed it. I've cleaned the code a lot in v0.4.4 so the interrupts are enabled early. Because the interrupt handler runs early, your song auto-start fails because #vgm_song is zero. I've made this patch at the start of vgm_play and now it works just fine: IF #vgm_pointer = 0 THEN IF #vgm_song <> 0 THEN GOSUB vgm_start RETURN END IF
  10. @ZeroPage Homebrew Thanks James! (Just an FYI the magics are all down, back, fire or down, forward, fire or down, up. The yellow ninja will crash the game if doing down, forward, fire magic as I haven't finished coding his spear move yet.) Holding down+fire in the air is jump punch. (I left a DEBUG in that changes characters for testing if doing a straight up and down jump punch). Simply standing and pressing fire performs a low kick. During the knee bend animation press up for high kick or away for roundhouse.
  11. Just a quick thought, and sorry if missed it, but does your A8's joystick port definitely work running an Atari joystick? Just wanted to double check your actual machine/it's port and pokey is ok
  12. I have scoured the forum for something similar to what I am seeing with my 2600A, but not seeing anything. Would someone know what may be causing these symptoms? 1) Pole Position starts fine, music plays well, but once the game starts, the 90-second clock counts down in about 2 seconds 2) Many other games come up (not all), but the TV image is jumbled or rasters bad 3) Paul Slocum's Testcart will not even start If there are other tests I can do to help narrow it down, I will gladly try them. I do have meters and an oscilloscope, just limited knowledge of the circuitry.
  13. Like your artwork - very well made! 2 small suggestions: elevator is hard to see - everything is mostly black. And maybe can you make a small space between the life indicators - they are all „connected together“?
  14. That's not very good news, because the long IRG can be needed for any data block. It seems, I will have to do the following: 1. Set up the POKEY for cassette output - two-tone mode, appropriate values in AUDCx and AUDFx, baud rate. 2. Start motor. For each block 3. If the intended IRG time is > 250 ms, then force POKEY to output 1 for the desired time, minus 250 ms. 4. Call SIOV with DAUX2=$80 to get the remaining 250 ms of IRG and record the data block. End for 5. Stop motor. 6. Reset the POKEY for normal operation. For 1 and 3, I will need to copy/paste and modify code from the Altirra OS. Doable, but still a somehow disappointing. One has to ask why the IRG duration cannot be specified in DTIMLO of the DCB... I guess I am 2024-1979=45 years late.
  15. Hard to believe? Not really. Finally in recent months/last years time people have been more and more pushing back against the types of clowns that will try and erase ones existence for not agreeing and watching those meltdowns online are a real source of amusement as it's overdue. We're good, and yeah I own them now, so it all ended up well in the end. I got where you're coming from, and that's from someone who used to work in that industry then after the related media for a time and still has family in that industry who works as a producer. I get there are stakes being set and jobs on the line, but there are differences between A and B but some people just get hot and that's that.
  16. Happy Arbor Day.  I like trees. Trees are good, except when they fall on your house.

17. Many thanks for the game and especially for the PAL version ☺️ Regarding the colors: the red and pink are very similar and hard to distinguish (at least in the PAL version). I can make a video if you like or need? Idea: what about more points if you catch the fruit fast and less if it took longer?
  18. Today
  19. Thanks - didn’t know this hack! @Thomas Jentzschmaybe you have or can do a PAL version of it please? 🥺
  20. Must admit, after seeing/playing Missile Command (played it to death in the past), I'm considering a VBXE install
  21. What I usually see here used instead of small capitals are italics. For the same reason as the Wikipedia article mentions as a use case for small capitals. When I do see small capitals here it's in that case as the first few words in a new paragraph. Instead of indentations or just one large leading letter. But then they aren't small capitals in the font used, but a totally separate font used for the leading words. Sometimes even in a different color.
  22. I've got 2 PS3's hooked up in my game area. One is a later slim model that my buddy gave to me without a harddrive, but for free. I installed a new harddrive and it runs great. I use that one for driving games like GT6, Daytona USA, and a few others that I play with my Logitech wheel. I've also got a stack of 12-15 AAA games that were given to me, but I don't see myself ever getting around to playing them at this point. The other is my original 80GB fat which has a dud laser (already replaced it once, 10 years ago). It also likes to spontaneously shut down when playing processor-intensive games (like GT6), presumably due to some kind of PSU or overheating issue. So, I've soft-modded it and filled up the HDD with a nice selection of shoot 'em ups and arcade-type games (mostly from PSN) which I play on a rotatable screen (for shooters that support TATE mode) and arcade controls. After over a year of use, none of these games have caused the shut down issue. I love that I was able to find a nice use for this busted old console which I was very close to just tossing in the bin at the electronics recycling center. The arcade style of the games list makes this particular setup a fairly common choice for me when I go down there, because I'm all about the "get-in-and-get-out" game experiences as opposed to the big 100+ hour time wasters.
  23. I may sound preachy, but only because I feel passionate about issues of software piracy and IP theft in particular. I merely took a stand and stated my opinions on a very polarizing issue. Hard to believe in this day and age, huh? Someone who is actually willing to take a stand on a matter of consequence. But I am not trying to change anyone. I am not about imposing my beliefs on others, nor am I motivated to diminish your argument by taking it apart on a point by point basis as you have now done. I believe there is plenty of room on this forum for multiple viewpoints, including yours. I've said all I am going to say about this issue, and I shall now abandon this thread for good. The OP has long since sold his games, and this lingering thread is now showing all the signs of turning ugly. And nobody wants that. Do have a great day! -Ben
  24. amazing, we are finally getting some VBXE software after all these years waiting
  25. I'm not an expert, but most probably you need to redeploy it. It's not much of config. To be on safe side, i would only stoop old container, then deploy new one, an check if everything is working, then remove old one. As they use same ports both cannot run in parallel, but can use same share. Just review config of old one an adjust it to new one. It's only ports and path.
  26. Besides prototype/unreleased stuff like the Atari 2700 and Kee Programmable Game System, I *think* the only ones I'm missing are the Atari 2800, the Irish all-black 2600jr., and, weirdly, a Sears Light Sixer. Otherwise, I think I've got every version, and then some: Atari 6-switch - heavy Sears 6-switch - heavy Atari 6-switch - light Atari 4-switch woodgrain Sears 4-switch Atari 4-switch - black Sears Video Arcade II Atari 2600jr. - small rainbow Atari 2600jr. - large rainbow Coleco Gemini Columbia Home Arcade Expansion Module #1 (for Colecovision) System Changer (for Intellivision II) VCS Adapter (for Atari 5200) For grins and giggles, I've also got a TV Boy and an Edu-Games 2600 (an Argentinian 2600jr. clone). If I had to pick a favorite, my gut tells me Atari Light Sixer. But, variety is the spice of life! 😁
  1. Load more activity