All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This recent video interview by GenX with Gary Kitchen (creator of the Donkey Kong port) answers a similar question at about the 9 min mark. He estimated that it was about a 50-75 cent increase to go from 4k to 8k in terms of cartridge cost so I'd assume that 2k to 4k would be less than that.
  3. Good gentlemen, Don't miss what Mr. Jaeger told Atariteca: 🙂 https://www.atariteca.net.pe/2024/05/revelan-trailer-de-montezumas-revenge.html
  4. I don't think it would read the ID at all if any of the programming leads were wrong. It doesn't look like it finishes erasing from the screen-photo... if you google for that tool, xc3sprog, I believe there is a separate erase option you can run without programming, to see if it can accomplish that. I see you have stabbed at multiple cable interface types.. I don't know if any of those allow you to slow down the programming rate... for a number of ISP situations, programming with loose cables has required me to slow them down. ( I haven't had that issue with these though ) Also your detected id is 0x3... instead of 0x5... but the descriptions are otherwise the same... You might try reading the chip, since it is not empty, and verify that you can read the same thing at least twice to assure there isn't intermittent communication failures. If you find an answer, I'd love to collect the advice for others.
  5. The difference in delay is due to the different data paths involved. For all GTIA modes, GTIA has to wait one additional color clock for the 4-bit pixel regardless, since ANTIC only sends 2 bits per color clock and GTIA needs to assemble the 4-bit pixels using a 2-bit buffer. However, the difference is in the pipeline stages involved. Mode 10 interacts with the full priority logic and is thus forced to have a 1cc delay, as the playfield and player layer inputs aren't known at the head end until the full 4-bit pixel is available. Modes 9 and 11, however, simply shut off all playfield inputs and bypass the priority logic, injecting color or hue at the tail end in the color encoding logic based on whether the background is displayed. Thus, modes 9 and 11 don't have to have the same offset that mode 10 does. I just realized that I never mentioned in the hw manual whether the right border is affected by the mode 10 delay, I should fix that.
  6. If the game was finished at the end of January 1984, I wonder why Atari didn't release it? Tramiel didn't take over until July. Looks like it sat in limbo for 6 months.
  7. Right. You can't count WSYNCs. That would not be reliable for any game that uses cycle counting. In general I think emulators just keep track of how many scanlines are being drawn on the screen and deduce based on that whether to use NTSC or PAL colors.
  8. Hi, @drludos, That idea may work. Just keep in mind that SCREEN has a sizable overhead for setting itself up for a block copy loop. The copy loop itself is super-fast, but the initial set up takes some CPU time. It may be more efficient to use PRINT for single lines. SCREEN is more effective to copy multitudes of lines in one go. I wouldn't recommend calling SCREEN more than one or twice in the same frame. Anyway, to recap the potential solutions you have available: Add the border extension at the top to hide the glitch and to smoothly scroll the new clouds into view. This will reduce the vertical space. Change the border colour to match the sky, which is where the largest part of your game takes place. This will still make the clouds "pop" upon entering the view. Attempt to "race the STIC" by PRINTing the top row, followed by SCREENing the rest of the screen as fast as possible. A variation of the previous one, but using PRINT or SCREEN to erase and display the necessary rows. (What you were suggesting above). Good luck. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. -dZ.
  9. eightbit

Movie Cart

I got in literally in the last second. Placed the order, came back and sold out. Makes up for how PO'ed I was when I missed it last time around This is going to be fun to tinker with. Thanks for making it!
  10. I also have 4 of the LARGER knob controllers. $165 plus $20 shipping. This knob is heavy and allows some "free-spinning". The knob is machined out of a solid piece of aluminum and weighs approx. 3-ounces. See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ixhMsSIfSvg03aGDJnmmkMyyEWkKffA/view?usp=drive_link
  11. I have 3 boxed rotary controllers ready to go. $145 plus $20 shipping(USA). Outside USA shipping is usually $40 but check with me first.
  12. Made some more progress assembling my portable motherboard.. all that's left are the electrolytic caps, some diodes, push buttons and then the sockets..
  13. Personally speaking - order turnaround time is of less importance to me than knowing I have an order in and I can cross this off the list of things to track and have to try to purchase. Having to "beat the Tindie clock" (unsuccessfully) each time is frustrating and not knowing when an in-stock event will happen next, only to miss it again due to such a short window of availability is 2x frustrating on top again. I'd just rather have the order in, wait however long and be done with it. I've been waiting on my AA "last chance" order for almost a year now, so this wait shouldn't be an issue.
  14. Today
  15. I got simple scrolling in the game. Thanks to nanochess for giving us a peek at how to code scrolling for Colecovision.
  16. Thanks for sharing @PowerDubs And perhaps I’ll just tag @Jimmy Wicker too: congrats on the progress! As to the content: Love the idea of progressing through galaxies, and perhaps creating a feel of ‘levels’, and giving the players a tiny break to reset their minds and focus. Looks very good (both cabinet and gameplay) Idea of an App to find local arcades and share (store?) hi-scores is inventive. Nice to hear these folks enjoy to put happy smile on gamers faces’, deliver a good chill-out time.
  17. So after working for a few hours, I finally got scrolling implemented. You can also move the burger around as well. The secret to doing that was putting all the code pertaining to movement in a gosub and then calling it during the scrolling part between if and next code. Pretty clever, huh? Plus, it doesn't even slow down the game any! The grass is whizzing by as the burger goes for a fly. For the boss level, I just plan to have one normal-sized milkshake act like a boss. But first I have to code a level. That will happen when I want to work on this next. I also coded a couple of changes to my iterations of Pac-Line on Odyssey² and Intellivision. So I've been busy. I got up at around 10 a.m. after going to sleep at 9 p.m. I'd like to be awake more but sleepiness sets in really early and I have to go to sleep. Right now my left leg hurts, under the knee. It's really painful. It got up to around 90 degrees today so I had to turn the ac on.
  18. Step into the monochromatic and mind-bending universe of Shift, where black and white landscapes hide more than meets the eye! This is a preview release. It contains the first 10 levels of the game. It is missing a few features (e.g. sound effects), and very likely contains bugs. Get it from here: https://h4plo.itch.io/shift
  19. @JetmanUK I have to get Bowling, looks good!
  20. That is delightfully old-school. Like something I would have played on my friend's 8k 400 back in 1982.
  21. rbairos

Movie Cart

Hey Everyone. The next batch sold out in 10 minutes again. Very humbling! Thank you so much. Downside is this sucks for people who need to put themselves on the waiting list each time. I suspect the number of times people are willing to do that shrinks each round. That being said, how would people feel about a much longer turn around time (a few weeks vs a few days), but a guaranteed order?
  22. Better score... 9,360. Honestly, this seems more like an attempt to cash in on the G.I. Joe franchise while demonstrating a new (for the time anyway) graphics technique.
  23. We never get this shit in the North East England UK, but tonight :- Unseasonably warm weather for May as well, were all going to die I tells yer.
  1. Load more activity