All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am not sure, but I think you need a firmware without WiFi (PlusCart Zero or UnoCart firmware) to test this.
  3. @ZeroPage Homebrew @romhunter @Tempest @Arenafoot @SpiceWare @Thomas Jentzsch @batari @Nathan Strum I name especially, but everyone in the community, please join if you have an opinion to share.
  4. Hello. I bought a new Gamstation Pro and the unit is not powering on. I've used multiple cords and still nothing when I plug it into the back of the unit. However, I do see the Power and Home lights light up when I plug the power into the front but does not power the unit itself. Any troubleshooting tips or tricks would be helpful. thanks.
  5. Hi! Just got my VCS up and going, pretty fun. Feels like the old days again haha Now to see what I can do with it I guess
  6. We are playing Happy Trails, Bump 'N' Jump, Vectron and Congo Bongo right now. Motocross is next..... 👍 We need more players, please feel free to throw in some scores..... Just need a screen print of your final score to post.... https://forums.atariage.com/forum/128-intellivision-high-score-club/
  7. It certainly took me some time to see the issue (the etched markings on the POKEY chip themselves being 'upside down' in relation to the usual placement of the orientation notch), and while testing the system with SysCheck, I noticed the memory test entering and endless loop, which in itself suggested some address or data lines being stuck. Circuitously, this led to the discovery of the fault.
  8. I returned to work on the jaguar version of "pineapple." Why? I don't know. I don't have an idea for the sheep game. My pineapple code was a big huge mess, so the first order was to clean it up and make sure it still works. I put the ingame code in a sub and the title screen stuff in another sub. Then, I decided to add a sound effect for when a banana hits a wall. So I played around with the MIDI drum set and put it in. Next on the agenda was to make it not play when the banana is moving into the playfield. And then that got done. I had tried to eat some berries so I wouldn't feel so sleepy all the time, but it didn't really help that much. I woke up at 4 a.m. and it's not even noon and I'm sitting here yawning a lot as I'm typing this out. I could go to sleep and stay asleep all day long. I wouldn't need my pills since I'd be sleeping all the time.
  9. Easily done. Nature of forum thread posts to overlook requests.
  10. [ Intellivision HSC Season 19 ] [ Game 14 ] Vectron with Congo Bongo Bonus Vectron by Mattel 1982 Hungrees, G-spheres, splits, sweeps and prizums - the nasties of the universe are back again, and they're nastier and tougher than ever! This time they're out to stop you from constructing the energy bases that build your score, level by level. The higher the level, the harder the nasties are to fend off. Can you rack up the highest score before the nasties destroy your energy blocks or you run out of energy? Congo Bongo by Sega 1983 You're a hunter on a jungle safari. The jungle is full of creatures determined to give you a run for your life, but none of them can match the mischief of CONGO BONGO the Gorilla. ROM Download Link https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Click on zip)(Then scroll down for Vectron.zip / Congo Bongo.zip Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Vectron / Congo Bongo http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm High Score Club Record Vectron - 443,750 mr_me (SET NEW RECORD +3) Congo Bongo - 146,170 CParsley (SET NEW RECORD +3) Game Setting VECTRON - DEFAULT (PRESS DISC) - PLAY 1 PLAYER MODE CONGO BONGO - PRESS BUTTON 1 (FOR 1 PLAYER GAME - LEVEL ONE) MAIN Game Scoring +13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive BONUS Game Scoring +7 1st place +6 2nd +5 3rd +4 4th +3 5th +2 6th 7th or lower, +1 participation point +1 Game Winner Incentive Season Theme: Need For Speed Game ends, SUNDAY NIGHT MAY 19TH 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME (VECTRON FINAL SCORES) (CONGO BONGO FINAL SCORES) Overall Rankings (POINTS) Bump 'N' Jump Games Won Sneak Preview: Motocross
  11. I see now that you asked quite early on in this thread, but the request was presumably forgotten about. Well - lessons learned, I suppose.
  12. I just read the black screen thread you referred to and the symptoms were awfully similar even down to Star Raiders resulting in a black screen. It's always possible that something is killing the Pokey chip of course.. and that my replacement could now be dead too...
  13. Indeed. That's my default request for anyone troubleshooting. Post some hi res images of top and bottom of the pcb. Sometimes someone will just visually clock something simple.
  14. The other way of doing this if you want to run code to test a new cartridge is with a 32k. Use a cartridge like XB to load in code into the 32k then with the reset disabled on your new cartridge is unplug the xb carefully and insert your new cartridge once your test program is running which of course has to be all assembly. This is similar to how cartridge dumper software work with the cartridge reset line disable.
  15. I suppose we should remember to ask for a photo of the motherboard next time, just in case.
  16. Can't guarantee this one would be as easy (or free), but I'd be glad to help.
  17. There are still interesting things to find out there, even for those of us with extensive reference sets of equipment and software.
  18. That's an awfully kind offer. I'll persevere a little longer in the hope I can get it working. I've watched several of your videos in the past - impressive stuff! Thank you!
  19. So just to update and close off this topic .. FJC has very kindly spent some time and cast his expert eye over my XL and the problem was (drum roll)…. Whilst diagnosing the initial problem with the Antic chip… I had placed Pokey back in the machine the wrong way round!! What a rookie
  20. Every Saturday, even if nothing is posted! Even if I post that I'm not available.
  21. Cartridge socket teeth looked fine to me - the SALT works fine in it. Option doesn't work. Removed BASIC ROM - exactly the same blue screen white cursor. No boot errors any more. The activity light comes on and I hear the drive motor going and then it just seems to keep going until I power the 1050 off. I have dug out my unopened universal programmer. If I want to try to read the OS ROM any idea what I can select as the chip in the programmer? There's a massive list and this seems to be a Symbios Semiconductors which isn't in the list.
  22. I'll even try to create a game and post my dev here. And I promise not to toss anything or resell. Period.
  1. Load more activity