All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Two new games added to my collection: I hope to be able to share soon the rest of my collection, hardware, magazines, posters, etc. ...
  3. I’ve had the same issue with JCD’s failing. I can only assume the memory card can get corrupted, as I had Dragons Lair start failing on me, so I formatted the memory card and copied the JCD’s across again and it worked fine.
  4. It’s the only way I could think to add some kind of cloning protection. Unfortunately it’s needed these days with small quantity niche products like this. If it were cloned and sold by someone else I wouldn’t be able to continue making these products. And a false link will never be created, you’ve just typed it in wrong. That’s the point of the QR, you can scan it without error and mail it to yourself, etc. Putting an update.html on the memory card which takes you to the page may be another solution.
  5. Thanks. I don't think they are related; there are 9 tunes (Ranger 1-9) on ASAP.
  6. Press the very large blue DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE button rather than go for the individual links below. That way you get the upd file which won’t keep updating each time you reboot. Those links below are for if you want overwrite your current firmware with that particular version.
  7. With latest commits, I've improved the code. Tests with real hardware indicate the TSFXes work. God bless AltirraOS and its author. Still, it is unfortunate the tape support wasn't done better for the 8-bit computers. Two items I miss the most - file names and wider range of baud rates, up to 2400 bps. SIO would have been flexible enough to support improved recorders.
  8. Dan Kramer, the "Trak-Ball" guy who designed the 5200 Trak-Ball, told me the Trak-Ball could be used as a digital input! He did not tell me how. I have a couple ideas as to how to make it work. Take test points 5-6-7 & 8 which are each of the four directional inputs. Put 2 1K resistors and tie them end to end, where they meet connect to a test point. On 1 end of the resistors connect to 5V and the other end of the other resistor to ground. This will create a reference voltage at each test point. Now I want put a momentary switch going to each test point, like one in a joystick, and the other side of the switch to ground.
  9. Keatah has likely passed on since I can find no internet forum activity for him using google that goes past the last time he posted here. The eBay user Keatah has over 1,000 transactions on that service in the past 25 years but none of those were within the past year.
  10. Think the two xex files are the same version. The akosoft ATR/COM has a different bonus timer, on the first level at least, so we should stick to using the others
  11. To pop it yes, but supplying it as data after the call means you don't have to push it first.
  12. Desmond's Dungeon(English Software): 11400 First time playing this one. Really fun!
  13. Read this very carefully, because that attitude is exactly what singles out a lousy and incompetent programmer. If you do your own hobby programming at home, for nobody's amusement but yourself, then sure, do as you like. But if you do it professionally you must do everything so you can walk away from it today and somebody else can take over with the least possible effort. Your description fits a completely talentless programmer.
  14. I'm going to clean the connector with alcohol and Kim wipes this week and post an update then. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Hopefully it's just dirty contacts.
  15. Unfortunately the console is not mine. I saw it on ebay and was contemplating buying it. However the listing is a bit high for me, $140 shipped, so I will pass.
  16. @ivop What did you use to compile the write.c file? I installed the z88dk and it's failing with an error of "unknown symbol: cpm_fcb". I am using the command of "zcc +cpm write.c". I am guessing that cpm_fcb isn't in the cpm.h library.
  17. A new character frame every 5 seconds 😆, it's obviusly a silly mistake, I corected the above post writing "a new character frame every 5 screen frames". BTW your formula is not correct: 20 FPS / 5 Frames = 0,25 sec is the time to wait before loading a new frame. But counting time is not simple, I count frames with a variable incremented every VBLANK.
  18. Today
  19. Same as jerseystyle: playin' Dave the Diver. I'm on Chapter 5. The game has now added farming to my list of things to do. Not one of my fave tasks in gaming but we'll see how it works out.
  20. This is weird, but I stumbled across this book image while searching for old Atari books... https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/14890/Home Applications and Games for the Atari Home Computers/ I am fairly sure I remember borrowing this from the local library when I was a kid, and spending far too long typing in a game that didn't work. I was curious as to whether anyone had put up the software from it, but I can find very little about this book, other than it had a 2015 reprint (https://www.middle-coast-publishing.com/Atari-Home-Applications/Atari-Home-Applications.htm) I did find a scan of it listed in a 2012 torrent thread, but that didn't help much...
  21. Some of them work... but unfortunately for some of them you saved the webpage instead of downloading the generated file. From what I can see... all the files that are 17.2k in size are the webpage (you can open them in notepad to see). Wrong Answer.vgm is a valid VGM, but my player can't see any audio in it for whatever reason. That leaves just these 7 files as valid:valid_vgms.zip I agree the interface isn't great - you have to download the file from the link at top right: You also bookmark the permalink which lets you save the exact settings that created the sound.
  22. Bumper Bash (1 A/A, 1 ball): 34,115. Never played this one. Great find Vocelli! Really fun and I like this one so much more than Midnight magic .
  23. Kaboom (1 B/B): 3453 Had trouble getting over 1000. A quick cleaning of my paddles made a world of difference. Souch a simple game but so much fun!
  24. That is a great find. I couldn't find anything about Wonder Bolt when I looked.
  25. 10 iterations is more consistent, however I did two versions. - number of primes printed once (5 min 43 sec) - number of primes printed after each iteration (5 min 44 sec) I believe the first is how BYTE magazine does it, but the difference here is negligible.
  1. Load more activity