All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My Mis-key, using smart programmer example: Changing the code, to >FFFE didn't help.
  3. the PIA is an off-the-shelf part, not a custom chip so it is relatively inexpensive further info here
  4. I've measured voltages on PIA and I've attached board photos. Pin 1 -GND Pins 2-10 - 5v Pin 11 - NC Pins 12-16 - 3.75V Pins 17 & 18 - 5V Pin 19 - NC Pin 20 - 5V Pin 21 - 4V Pin 22 - 5V Pin 23 - 4.65V Pin 24 - 5V Pin 25 - 1.97V Pin 26 - 1.6V Pin 27 - 1.4V Pins 28-32 - 0.67V Pin 33 - 0.6v Pin 34 - 4.7v Pin 35 - 3.4V Pin 36 - 3.55V Pins 37-40 - 5V Some of those pins look a bit low going by the circuit diagram - I think 28-32 should be 1v?
  5. I'm trying to incorporate a load interrupt handler in to an existing EA3 program. Traditionally, I've noticed, AORG is used for the thing. @mizapf code is: AORG >FFFC DATA WORKSP,HANDL HANDL CLR @>FFFC LWPI WORKSP LI R0,DELAY DEC R0 JNE $-2 LI R0,WORKSP MOV R0,@>FFFC Doesn't that tell the loader, to start loading all following code at >FFFC? I didn't want to mess with the loading of additional code after >FFFC, I though it would work if I manually primed the two address needed. It doesn't seem to work, when I tell Classic99 to do a load interrupt, my existing program just continues on it's merry way. I don't have a 'real' TI setup to test with. Does a problem with the code jump out at anyone? liwsp BSS >20 Workspace to be used by load interrupt routine. * TI's E/A loader clears the screen for you, and starts in 32 column GRPI mode. X LWPI USRWS limi 0 * >FFFC WP for Load Interupt * >FFFD Start Address for PC mov @liwsp,@>FFFC mov @HANDL,@>FFFD BL @DISFNT .. Later on in the routine, a routine with HANDL is defined. HANDL EQU $ Stuff, More Stuff. JMP $
  6. Some examples created via GIMP (first 256x192, others 256x212). Obviously, the more color contrast, the better. Or you have to back off your monitor by some meters. I tried to convert them with PICT, but when I save them with MSAVE, the program crashes. Below is also the zip file containing the pictures. pictures.zip
  7. It's funny, you always hear about how bad Radar Scope was but at the local arcade it was a pretty popular game.
  8. This entire lawsuit does have merit, but I believe the language and case law Atari used is to refined and could have been broader in nature. Also, by State Farm being aware of this and to seek approval while dismissing that advice showcases a deliberate attempt. Then by not ceasing and dismissing the entire advertisement ordeal and seeking an advertisement deal with the use of specific trademarks, shows bad faith. The came the insult to injury...scratching off the name yet using a the same cabinet with the same designer specs and so on. I've seen lawsuits win on just one phrase or object. Best advice is to settle this matter out of court through an investment into Atari such as a cash infusion and the continuation of the original advertisement which will suite both parties. On a side note, yes, Atari loves to sue and has done this since the days of Coleco, but wouldn't you do the same if you R&D is being misused? Remember it's not free money. You must answer to shareholders as long as you are listed on an exchange. Now some of you will say it's R&D from a once bankrupt company and this new Atari is sitting on paid off assets. This is not true. They must continue to pay for registration of name, design, update patents or see it slide into public domain. Again, many companies have pursued lawsuits on less merit and I believe Atari should not allow others to eat at their bones as they are struggling for a footing in the market they helped create and get little credit or respect in and for.
  9. Today
  10. This is what I've got right now. Another very hard game, in my opinion. 12,383
  11. No worries. It's just I fixed a 600xl with the same cursor issue last week and it was the pia and or it's socket that was to blame. Of course your machine could have multiple issues, (certainly with the issues with the power light), but worth making sure something you have socketed and the chip itself is OK. Could you post a hi res image of top and bottom of the board as it stands now? Also a hi res of the front and back of the pia socket, and solder work? I am sure we can get to the bottom of it.
  12. It would be fair to assume it uses the frame counter as basis - but in both PAL and NTSC cases it is slightly out, slower than broadcast and slower than 50/60 FPS. But what you describe is out by orders of magnitude rather than the small % factor you'd get over that time period by counting frames. Assuming a 16 bit counter only, 65535 frames in NTSC would equate to about 1092 seconds or 18 minutes. Possibly it uses only the positive part of a signed integer which would equal half that. Maybe trim your BM down such that it executes in about 7 minutes and see what the result is (hint - do it in Altirra so you can use the F1 turbo button so you're running in seconds rather than minutes - although running much quicker the time result will still reflect what real hardware would see)
  13. Many thanks for the PAL release - looks great with real Atari on CRT:
  14. The second day Garfield strip was featured on 6/20/1978. It involved Jon giving Garfield a surprise birthday gift.

Hmmm....So Garfield's birthday is on the 20th not the 19th. :D

Today's Comics Online | Garfield comics, Garfield, Calvin and hobbes comics

15. I think you'd be better off giving this computer for repair to someone who has replacement chips and other motherboards for testing. Now, in my opinion, it is no longer possible to help over the internet. If you blindly replace all the integrated circuits one by one, you will spend a fortune. Maybe the problem is some cold solder, damaged track on the board, etc.
  16. I haven't replaced the PIA but I did socket it. I'll take another look at it. I only have a multimeter so a little limited on the things I can check.
  17. I've made a cheapest simpliest sio2usb connector with pl2303ta and 3 wires (without cts handshake). And it doesn't work. When I turning on my Atari 800 XL with "option" pressed - there are blue screen with a cursor, some audio noise, blinking led on an adapter - and then she falls to the "self test" screen. I've tried respeQt and AspeQt, all types of "handshakes" - with no success. I am total noob with Atari hardware - am I making some obvious mistakes? Update: Got it working! Issue was in windows 10 drivers. I had to find old driver and reinstall it manually.
  18. It didn't completely fizzle out. I used the side scrolling engine and some sprites in a subsequent game called Balloon Girl. Controls more like Balloon Fight for the NES except using only one button! Later it had a physical release on one of the first homebrew all original game double enders: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/326533-first-homebrew-atari-2600-dual-cart-balloon-girl-sharkstorm-on-etsy/
  19. This looks interesting. I see that there may be an answer on Exxosforum, but try asking on Atari-Forum too https://www.atari-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=15 which also have Atari ST members.
  20. End of line.. I don't know honestly. My experience has been.. originally tested against a light sixer, vader, and 7800 and they worked out but came across a Gemini recently and it didn't work but I have since fixed the enclosure design to support it. it looks pretty different so i'd really have to say questionable at best. If I could get my hands on a JR, I could test against it and even make a special enclosure for that model if it came down too it, but I can't unless I have the hardware to borrow.
  21. rbairos

Movie Cart

So sales went well last night, but Tindie decided to flag the store for suspicious activity, so even though it sold out, I only got shipping information for the first 2 sales. Adding insult to injury this morning, the product has been taken down for 'administrative approval', which means all those people who were notified via email that there was stock, are met with a missing page, so who knows if they're still on the waiting list when I put more up. So I may have lost lots of potential sales. The crazy thing is they did this Friday night and don't offer support until Monday morning. Ug.
  1. Load more activity