All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’ve had it in my collection for quite some time. The video did inspire me to play it again. The CPU kicked my ass and I lost, but I had a lot of fun regardless. Lol
  3. Very near offers maybe. Do you happen to have one? 🙂 If so DM me please.
  4. Hello, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account xxxx@outlook.com. Unfortunately, we have determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership.  Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner. We have taken the additional step of blocking your account until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account and protect you from any possible malicious activity. Here are few tips below to help you complete the form: Answer as many questions as you can. Submit the form from a device you frequently use from a familiar location. Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it. If you use Outlook, you will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you. Make sure you are trying to recover the correct account. Information to recover your username is here. More tips are available here. I put in all the information they asked for, name, date of birth, credit card number. Tried 5 times!!! I don't send e-mails to anyone anymore! I logged in to my account once a few weeks ago just to check it and I deleted a bunch of old e-mails ALL FROM MICROSOFT and that was it. I don't use outlook.com just for my Xbox One!
  5. Gladmort is coming to MVS and Neo CD? @shane857, did you hear that? It’s coming to Neo CD! Since I’ve already spent too much money, I’ll buy the Neo Geo CD version instead. The wife looks at me sideways when I mention expensive new releases on MVs. Lol
  6. If anyone has read Orson Scott Card's "Lost Boys" (I heartily recommend it), there is a fictional game the main character wrote for the Atari 8-bit computer. There are various descriptions of it throughout the book, enough to write up a specification of the game. I thought it would be interesting to see if we could have a contest for implementing the game, and see if Orson Scott Card will judge them (he used to write articles on Atari programming in the past.) Anyone else think this is a good idea?
  7. Good gentlemen, I think you can find this important -or at least, appealing: https://www.atariteca.net.pe/2024/04/inminente-lanzamiento-de-mikie-para.html
  8. The driver is so efficient now, I don't even see the lack of (say) an interrupt-driven or absolute coordinate mouse as a problem (the simple expedient of bailing straight out of the NMI when you notice that the port reads the same as the last time you looked at it saves a lot of time, for example). This reminds me that MouSTer has (I think, although I didn't update the firmware for a long time) an absolute coordinate-based mouse mode. Handy, but not something that needs to be relied upon in any way at all.
  9. They would have been fine enough (for me) if they didn't flip the Y axis. I think "pilot" control is fine for steering from a first-person perspective (ex: Star Raiders), but not for aiming a cursor. I really want to love the home ports of Star Wars: The Arcade Game, but the controls drive me nuts. It's frustrating because they were *this close* to being really good games! 😝
  10. Yeah, it was contemplated but as I understand it would be a major undertaking to take the rc code and rework it to use gpu's.
  11. LL was the first "Thrust" style game ever?! I always thought it was the granddaddy.
  12. Got v1.5 from here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/files/ToolShed/ToolShed 2.2/ It seems to be more stable, I still see some Errors[243] but it loks like recovering automatically.
  13. Yeah, I recall being involved in discussions regarding the GUI's mouse sampling. I did a lot of the testing. I'd forgotten the sampling needed to be that high for any context (not just the GUI). That's why a hardware-based mouse system is so attractive for these old machines (Apple II had one); but the GUI's mouse driver is tweaked sufficiently; and it's good to have it running on stock hardware.
  14. Hi Spanner ! I was playing with 2600+ last night, using PCUAE 4.1.1. and it worked great at laoding cartridges. I activated cartridge loading via the .txt file, since my usb OTG is a mini-usb a thus is plugged into the internal port, son no USB controllers for me. Maybe that'll address Atarimonster's problem, just play the cartridges in PCAUE Stella (it's the same as the factory one, I assume). BUT I have one question in that regard : How do I remove Stella's on-screen messages ? (It says "Stella-0.7" at the bottom). And if it's not too to much to ask : Is there any way that I can fit PCUAE, just the 2600+ components, on a 2 GB stick (1.84 gb available after formatting) ?
  15. Lucky, enough for me I already owe one of these, the Corcomp 512k Ramdisk which can also be your 32k memory expansion. You can infact have two of them in your PEB, but not going to grab a second one, so here is the listing from the eBay seller in Thailand that slowly been selling off lots of great rare stuff. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/404940027508
  16. Since everything is USB, and there are apparently solder pads for two more USB ports on the Board, Has anyone considered making the Reset, Option, Select, Start buttons actually real buttons by adding in the board for a controller and putting some sort of yellow buttons in the spots?
  17. It's reading the mouse thirty or forty times per frame in a loop and apparently doing little else but that until it gets a button down.
  18. I've often wondered (but haven't bothered to try to figure out) if RC could be GPU assisted. OpenCL has both C and C++ micro kernels.
  19. From what I understand, Midway first released Kick without references to Pac-Man. Then that game became popular, and they figured they held at least the North American rights to the character and added it to the game, to make it Kick-Man. Since it wasn't really a Pac-Man sequel, probably Namco didn't care all that much.
  20. These are conversions done manually, what some people are trying to figure out is a way to convert them automatically do it using an adapter, maybe with a microprocessor inside it to convert the colors that aren't available on the Master System. But if you already play in a flash cart there aren't many reasons to want something like that.
  1. Load more activity