All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I like the fact that it suggests you switch to using Forth. "Now go forth, and bring our vision to life! Let the TI-99/4A tremble at our combined might! Mwahahaha!"
  3. Hey Morpheus! I'm actually in south western Canada,in California. 😄 Sorry no Canada for me. Los Angeles,CA. USA.
  4. I just fixed mine.... It was the spaces in the names that are in the Firmware when you unpack it, My Arcade needs to rerelease it without spaces in the folders names otherwise users are going to have problems flashing there console, its got to have no spaces at all in the RKDevTool v2.72. What I did was: Find a USB-C data cable to plug into the PC and into the AGSP, you can use the one that comes with the Atari2600 Plus, I did... . If yours does not boot then open it up and unscrew the main pcb board, its black, you will need the ribbon cable connected to turn it on, now turn over the board, I black taped the Green board then stuck the black board on it with blue tac to hold it in place, you need to short the 2 pin holes next to the NAND Chip, its above the SD Card slot on the right side of the board as you turn it on, I used a jump pin wire that has 2 pins at each end, I held down the RESET button too as I was doing it, so hold RESET, power button and then wiggle the pin wire until you see `MASKROM on the RKDebvTool v2.72 then you can stop and let go, once your in to that mode then you can flash it with the firmware 1.30. Now move the firmware folder `3. Firmware` to your desktop and remove the space in the folders name `3. Firmware` to `3.Firmware` and added from the folder Loader.bin and Firmware.img to the RKDevTool v2.72 and then press RUN Button on it and it then will flashed it OK... Flashed AGSP OK... Mine is now working...
  5. Your dedication is inspiring. I would change this comment as below for more clarity. * correct - load literal number >0072 into R1. Move the contents of R1 into memory location >FF02 It might seem pedantic but thinking about these things in the most accurate way allows you to use them without surprises. The reason I specified "literal number" is because it is also possible to load a "literal address" into a register. Example: This code would do the same as yours and might be used where you wanted to repeatedly put a number into a specific address location ASAP, so you hold the address in a register. li r1,myval a number li r2,>FF02 an address mov r1,*r2 move the number in R1 into the address location held by R2
  6. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but there are solutions for small multi-pin S-video (mini DIN 7-9?) + mini-jack for the ZX Spectrum The idea of using the Sega Saturn standard is simply because it provides all the necessary components for analog output in one cable: RGBs, CVBS, S-video, and stereo. Additionally, there are numerous cable options available, ranging from inexpensive to more costly, with various output choices. However, one issue is that many of these cables lack shielded signals. Therefore, when using a simple breakout board like SAVO, it's crucial to connect the correct signals. For instance, it's essential to avoid using CSYNC TTL (5V Vpp), as it could potentially disrupt other signals. Currently, SAVO+ board has SYNC/Fixer that can send even 0.1V Vpp sync (should be a little bit higher) with enough impedance to drive the video receiver. The problem is that some of TVs expect true NTSC/PAL signal not basic one and this is the final goal to achieve. It will provide all TVs compatible with VBXE output.
  7. Is 1.1 ever going to come out of beta? I sure would like an official release (maybe with an installer).
  8. I'm improving, but that would be a long way to reach Brett's sphere: 39875 Played on a Vectrex with the new RZ WASDX controller by Valsitsar Amiz, that I'm honored to test for him thoroughly. 😁 Keep calm guys, there are no special features that helps scoring. 😄 But it has a great responsiveness so far.
  9. This looks better. All kidding aside I would buy this and a Mug! Does Atar have mugs on there website? They should sell mugs with logos and game art on a mug. I would buy something like that.
  10. It wasn't there, at least in 2020. I was looking for such a solution myself. At first, I bought Sophia 2. When picking it up personally at Simius in Warsaw, I showed him the Sega Saturn (actually MiniDin10) connector, and he just looked at it and said nothing. He like the DVI. Later, I talked about it with Zaxon, Galtron, Lewis of Retro Lemon, maybe even someone else, but no one wanted to do it because it was too simple and VBXE was not very popular. I did some research. I learned some basic elements in DipTrace, and so after 20 years of mainly being a software engineer, I slowly returned to electronics. I'm using s-video as legacy video output. Usually I'm also do the UltraVideoXE mod to correct the impedance of the video output. Here are some photos of SpectreAV installed in XEGS. With UAV I believe that will be very similar: Actually those pins were introduced in the first prototype of SpecreAV that was showed in one of FJC's YT movies.
  11. Shin Megami Tensei Argh, another massive increase in difficulty! I'm currently exploring a dungeon absolutely full of random encounters against 6+ enemies at at time, all of whom can freeze/shock/sleep/bind you. Of course, every single enemy uses that attack every round, and even though I've been pumping the SPEED stat, they ALWAYS go first. So now, every single combat is my entire party immediately being disabled, and all I can do is sit there and hope that the status effect wears out and I can get an attack or two in now and then. And of course, getting to the dungeon is a major PITA, requiring you to go through two other dungeons first with no save points, so it takes a good 5-10 minutes just to get to the place. I checked around to see what the deal is with this section, and it's apparently a notoriously annoying part of the game, and the game gets easier once you get through it. I think what I'll try next is to stick around the beginning of the dungeon and try to get the most annoying demons to join, so that way I can 100% talk my way out of fighting.
  12. WOAH!! AM I THE ONLY VCS POSTER??? ATARI SHOULD GIVE ME FREE STUFF!! HAHA
  13. I'm sure that can be arranged. I've also updated Atasm to V1.25 on GitHub. The new version has better Mac/65 compatibility. Now offers some better trig functions and finally has commands to set the INITAT and RUNAT locations. Here is a sample: .BANK *= $8000 INIT: LDA #0 STA 710 RTS .INIT INIT .BANK *= $8000 CYCLE: LDA 20 STA 709 JMP CYCLE .RUN CYCLE
  14. Follow up question- anyone had any joy using such services to avoid the ridiculously expensive eBay International Shipping charges by asking the eBayer to post to a US freight forwarding service?
  15. No reason you can't save to Atari DSDD drives nor is there any reason precluding the saves to 8 inch Atari Drives. Tandon, World Storage, QumeTrak, et al are industry standard drives and the drive controller card in this instance would be the hybrid Atari computer and the intelligent drive board in the drive housing- this is in fact not much different than what was done on the machines in the first place. Host adapters, Controllers, I/O bridging being normal.
  16. This is my go to site for all interface information:- https://info-coach.fr/atari/hardware/interfaces.php
  17. Probably because it only allows Graphics 0 and it's really slow, could have been improved with some USR calls in the SAVE/LOAD area
  18. Today
  19. I'll try for one next week...
  20. Thats a good guess too that I completely overlooked... that consumer electronics show (CES) could totally have something like this sitting on a stand next to a display, etc... After the show it would go straight in the trash can! Again, the fact that it's PLASTIC and that the OP has owned it for 25+ years tells me it's something special. I mean, back in the day printing something on a sheet of plastic was NOT cheap...and also, having a blown up image of an Atari cart LABEL is not typical of the time era back then. People didn't do that, seems like more of a current "hipster" thing... He has owned it for 25+ years, it's printed on PLASTIC (aka expensive), it doesn't match the style of "fan" art back then (blown up cartridge labels) pretty sure this is something legit...
  21. I can confirm that Antarctic Tales now works from PiRTO with latest Firmware on a PAL PCB with daughterboard. 🙂
  22. This is kind of on topic. We need a RTFM logo on a t-shirt and coffee mug. Lol.
  23. It belongs to a collector friend of mine that lives in another country. He would often find stuff here in the US and ship it to me and I'd act as a middle man (a lot of sellers back then did not like to ship out of the country, no ebay GSP yet lol) It was pretty fun since he found a lot of neat stuff I'd never normally be able to see in person. I still talk to him occasionally so I'll ask for more of the back story since he was the one in contact with the seller and I can't remember the exact details. I do remember it being clearly obvious though it was legit once I saw the commercial again...
  1. Load more activity