All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Is the disk image (that you are using) posted somewhere?
  3. I do like my hyperbolic reactions. What were the numbers on their total sale of those? It's just so stupidly laughable how they can't get something like that figured out. When you think about how Al has been a one man machine for so long and doing it and doing it right, it just shows that Atari was more interested in milking the cow, because "Hey they will buy anything even if it doesn't work. So don't worry about the effort."
  4. Tursi

max float

Per the XB manual, the maximum value is 9.9999999999999E127. This is well over a googol (in fact I think that's an octillion more than a googol.) (EDIT: I had an error in my program...) It looks like the result is a NUMERIC OVERFLOW warning, but you might not be able to get there with '1'. This program prints the first three successfully, and throws the warning on the last one (then prints 9.99999E+** anyway). 10 A=9.9999999999999E127 20 PRINT A 30 A=A+1 40 PRINT A 50 A=A-1 60 PRINT A 70 A=A+A 80 PRINT A As for time... well... no. Not even on a modern PC. On a TI in XB, figure 10 A=A+1::GOTO 10 can add about 150 per second in my test. This would take over 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years to reach the maximum, if no rounding errors occurred. (Should be 90 zeros on there...) It's not even worth trying a PC test... let's just assume the best case that a 3GHz machine can manage 3 billion additions per second (since it's one value being incremented, we'll discard multi-threading). This would take only a little over 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years.
  5. I had over 200,000 yesterday but the game reset itself. I don't remember that behavior back in the days. Must be an issue with my Mister FPGA.
  6. And in other weather related news... I don't know Jack Squat about climatology but this looks like it's not going to stop for a while and that doesn't seem like a good thing. (The number for May 12 at Mauna Loa is 428 PPM, another new record)
  7. People don't understand the issues with sample size and such things. All media for a long time has been dumb in reporting findings from studies and such. That's why I'm certain most of the focus polling ole Tommy did was in house. There was confirmation bias big time. There would be a reason some people wouldn't have heard of it. I didn't know of it as cornhole but bag toss or bean bag toss. Same thing differemt name. If you don't have a back yard, or live in a climate that's cold all the time, you aren't going to most likely find or seek out games like that to play. Other confounding variables for taglines like "fastest growing" deals with existence of leagues and such. Cornhole/washers/hillbilly golf type games have always been a staple where I live. However, not so much for leagues. So yeah after the creation of leagues the sport can then finally start growing. Which could make them "faster growing" than older sports that have had leagues around longer. Doesn't mean that as faster growing it will be bigger or as popular. And it certainly doesn't equate to a killer app or sales. So faster growing or not, those number have nothing to do with video game software sales, and also doesn't factor in that bean bag toss games already exist. Cornhole really isn't a great option even though I like the game. The barrier for entry for cornhole amounts to two pieces of wood and having something to throw. That's it. It is not as easy for me to build a bowling lane in my backyard. Cornhole was easier for him to do a photo amd act like he was doing work than the other options.
  8. Gee Artrag, tell me what you really think! The loping music is history. I didn't like it either, and I couldn't turn down the volume. Instead, you're getting a pop up sound for when the Byrons appear. Annnyway, I'm calling it. Here are the release candidates for the ColecoVision and SG-1000 versions of WESEB. Both games can be played from start to finish without problems. I'm fatigued by the development and play testing process and I'm eager to pull out... the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised. (Actually, no... the spirit wants out, too.) There's a credits screen now... just wait ten seconds and it will come up. Anyone who's been credited (Nanochess, NewColeco, Tursi) probably should give it a look and tell me how/if they'd like to be represented. I understand that NewColeco has transitioned and may no longer use the first initial D, but I need to know that now before this gets published physically. I know a guy who wrote a video game book that was about to be published, but some of the writers transitioned, and he was obliged to pulp all the copies that were already published. I can't afford that, and I doubt Cote Games has the budget for it either. whackem_game.rom whackem_sg1000.sg
  9. 4 days remaining before pre-order closes
  10. I think what I tried was with the multi sprite kernel. Basically, every main loop I'd swap player0 through 5 sprites and positions.
  11. Hello. Yesterday I started a new interesting journey. I began working on what I hope will be my best animation yet. The inspiration came from watching nonsensical cartoons on YouTube. I thought to myself "I can do that!" So I thought up of a couple of new characters: Bob The (The is Bob's last name), a fat, lazy slob, and Larry, who is a roll of toilet paper. In the first-ever Bob The and Larry cartoon, they're bored, so Bob suggests they go on a road trip. So they do. They have to stop because there's a giant letter E blocking their way. Aaaaand, that's all I have so far. I know I can't draw. I wish I could draw really well so I can make this a really great cartoon that people would actually like to watch. Looking at the second frame just now. The steering wheel looks like Bob's legs. But it's not. It's a steering wheel. Because Bob always wears blue pants. Even though I just started yesterday, I made a file folder to put all the .png's and sound and stuff to put the cartoon together with. So far there's 48 things in that folder. And I didn't know I'd have to wait about a minute for the program to think about compiling all the stuff I was doing for one minutes' worth of cartoon before it went ahead and compiled it. So I've decided to do this in pieces, each about a minute long. And since I have to fight with the program I'm making this in, each 1 minute of animation takes about 2-3 hours to do. And that's just programming it, not counting writing, drawing, and other stuff I need to do. I noticed that each cartoon on Adult Swim is around 11.5 minutes. So that's what I plan to make the length of this one. But I plan to not add any dirty jokes. So why make a cartoon that nobody will like? Because I don't know what else to do. So right now I'm bouncing work between this and the Colecovision game about potato chips. I knew what I was going to do today last night, but I wrote down my ideas just to make sure I don't forget them. There are a bunch of ideas I lost because I thought I could remember them the next morning.
  12. I've never even heard of Springer, I don't think, so it wasn't me. As far as I recall, I only ever converted Arcturus and TI Workshop to different banking.
  13. This works with the SDrive-Max, versions 1.2 and 1.3. I tested it with an SDrive² but it showed "Incompatible v01 with #1 SDrive-A". I'll see if there's an update to the SDrive², but it is ARM based, so it wouldn't be as simple for someone to port the newer versions to.
  14. OK, here's what I would suggest. Start 1 player and Grand Prix mode. This will get us all to the same track (Brazil). Play a "Test Run." That's a single lap of the Brazilian track. You can use any "Macine Set" you want. Take a picture of your single lap time, and the best lap wins. My best time after my first few attempts is 1:52:73 <- I guess they have micro seconds in this game? Here's my Outrun pic - no engine noise is a bummer in this version
  15. So far so good, Ben. The car engine/exhaust noise is good, and I like the physics. It fall somewhere between the tightness of Rare's R.C. Pro-Am and the looseness of Atari's Super Sprint. I also like the two current lap notices placed on the track. The challenge may need to be tweaked, as currently it seems even under Medium, the CPU never makes a 'real' mistake, and your car is unable to catch up to the CPU vehicles.
  16. That's why I'm glad Turtles is in the house--a teen with a strong liking of old computers and game consoles. Yesterday, he spent a couple of hours fixing a Super Famicom that we bought a while back as a deader. He took it apart, cleaned out all of the gunk from the previous owner that covered most everything inside, made sure all contacts were good, and fired it up once he got it back together. The deader worked beautifully. . .and best of all, when he was uncertain of the possible results of one of his disassembly/cleaning/troubleshooting steps, he came and asked me what I thought of his plan before execution. His plan was spot-on every time. He's also my road navigator. He can read paper maps really well, but will usually resort to GPS and Google Earth to gather the finer details while we're in motion.
  17. The CV-NUC+ has played every game I have tried to play on it so far. This includes the recent SUPER GAME MODULE releases from Opcode Games. I am also a member of the Collectorvision club for 2023 and all the releases I received are working fine. I also have an AtariMAX SD cartridge and I load ROMs using this method as well. I will be doing a live demo of it at the next New England Classic Gaming meet-up in Norfolk, Massachusetts on Saturday June 22: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/365718-save-the-date-necg-swap-meet-is-happening-11-2pm-june-22nd-at-the-norfolk-public-library-in-norfolk-ma/ You can also follow the Michael St. Pierre's ( the creator of the CV-NUC+ ) blog at: https://ataribits.weebly.com/blog/category/colecovision Enjoy! Tim
  18. I really have no idea. I don't know that much about the SDrive lineup and what the software differences are between them, but you can always try it on whatever you have. I saw that there's an SDrive-Max version 1.3 available, so I just extracted that and used it as the basis for this version. I'm including just the .atr file and the full source files. sdrive.atr SDrive-v06-20240513.rar
  19. Was able to take another crack at Congo Bongo and I improved a bit: Congo Bongo: 19,850
  20. Do we have the unmodified side port code for Springer? I have the version Tursi converted to launch from the normal 32K space, but I was thinking of trying to make a TigerVision side port board for the fun of it, using a dead TigerVision shell I have to house it. . .
  21. The official word from NOAA and NWS, we had three tornadoes on Friday, two of which converged. The combined EF-2 power of that one then swept past me about 1/2 mile to the south. I was in the EF-1 wind damage zone. I have not seen any concrete word on whether this one touched down or if it remained aloft, but it did cause a good bit of damage for about a 30 mile path nevertheless.
  22. if in basic you did something like, 10 x=x+1 20 print x 30 goto 10 Question 1: What is the max of x? Question 2: What happens when it hits the max (overflow error, flip back to zero)? Question 3: Is there enough time in a life time for it to hit max float of x?
  23. If you can make it through all four without spraining your wrist or thumb, you win the GOLD 🕹🦾🏅
  1. Load more activity