All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So, if I implement CPU PABs and CPU Buffers, I have to first implement a client, such as updating ForceCommand to support this for HFDC, and HRD, and TIPI... and have my DSR interactions work for TIPI's without support for CPU PABs and CPU Buffers, as 95% of the population won't update the EPROM. I can craft a signature to identify in the TIPI ROM, but do I just assume that all HRD's support it, and all HFDC's support it? So, if crubase has device 'WDS1" for HFDC, I don't know what provides a signature for an HRD... does it have a unique device name, or lvl2 io sub-program name?
  3. What happens when you start up MAME with the driver name in the command line? C:\MAME> mame ti99_4a
  4. That's right you did, sorry. Forgot to look it up, thanks. Any issues or anything?
  5. Here is one I do not see often. Disk Manager, the original. https://ebay.com/itm/235419039639
  6. @Jimhearne what's your machine set up? Does it lack a console port, or no driver? In the batch of cards I got last June, the seller threw in several CI403 quart-port serial cards. Drivers would be another issue. You're welcome to one.
  7. This has happened to me twice now in about 6 months. Seems to only happen when I am really playing the game for a while. Before this I could play the game for ...4...6? hours with no problems. Now if I am approaching an hour or more...(drops back to XB) Any ideas on a fix? Appreciate any insights.
  8. Must have said it on the other thread. Unijoysticle works for me. https://www.tindie.com/stores/riq/
  9. Programmed by Mattel Electronics in 1983, released a couple of years later by INTV Corp. The web page says it first appeared in a 1986 catalog but it was in their fall 1985 catalog. As the web page says, title changed because they didn't want to pay Major League Baseball. That's the title on the packaging, the rom titlescreen didn't change. Same goes with their other Baseball titles.
  10. Just purchased a digital copy from the Reboot Patreon shop. Partly to show support. But, mostly because I love small games and hope there's a place for them in the classic gaming ecosystem
  11. Firmware update just worked here too. Whatever you just did, it was a midas touch!
  12. I don't know of any way to turn the cache on/off on the AdSpeed accelerator. However, the AdSpeed does have a fast ROM option. It's in the owner's manual. I never acquired the correct higher speed TOS ROMs to try this and now that I'm using TOS v2.06 with a Cloudy board, I guess it's not an option for me anymore. Using the Cloudy/Lightning ST setup, I pulled the original TOS v1.4 ROMs from my Mega ST's motherboard to avoid conflicts. I would have liked to have seen if it improved the scores but...oh well.
  13. I am pretty sure this particular 9938 bank mask was intentional, to minimize program/dsr interference. This is the first /4a program that I know of that moves the pab to a different bank. I will note it in the os dev topic as this really isn’t a GiF program issue.
  14. I think the thing that I got hung up on when working on TIPI in the early days, as Tim has talked to me about this before, was how to tell ( as a client of the DSR ) if you can use a CPU buffer or if a VDP buffer is required... This doc is pretty clear about most if not all of it... https://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets and manuals/Hardware/Myarc/MYARC HFDC Manual 4th edition.pdf <- re-reading. I was browsing the HFDC manual for other reasons the other day, and the best I could tell, for sector-read/write and Level 2 management routines, is that maybe, since the 'cpu buffer' flag is packed into the unit number, if the card doesn't support it, it would presumably error with a DEVERR for a bad unit number. And then, the client would have to try again with the legacy VDP buffer approach. Is there a convention that has been adopted, or spec'ed, for deciding how to interact with a device based on some runtime available indicators?
  15. hold select on power-up for missile command if keyboard is attached 🚀
  16. I tested it here and it worked. Even downloading offline ROMs, which was failing, has now returned to normal.
  17. Okay, so I've gotta know... why do Asteroids clones on the ColecoVision look so... stiff? Ships don't rotate smoothly and have an annoying habit of stopping on a dime, ignoring the principles of physics. Why is that? Is it because the machine is so dependent on tiles? Ships in Atari 5200 games drift effortlessly through the void of space. Ships in ColecoVision seem to jutter into place. It's really jarring and takes you out of the experience.
  18. I recorded a video of what happens on my setup. I tried the windowed mode and it just exits no picture at all. Haven't tried the video options yet. The way it behaves I can't click on anything but exit as the mouse seems to act weird along with the video redrawing. I am using windows 10 with a Intel graphics card. On my windows 11 system with the Nvidia gpu mame never starts at all, don't see any window or screen. I am also running the mame folder via my NAS drive which is case sensitive in filenames as well not sure if that is an issue. I could try copying the name folder to a actual windows drive and see if that helps. media_20240504_185028_8879136057097662206.mp4
  19. Here's a decent buy on a Navarone cartridge expander on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/296403866750?itmmeta=01HX2X7P8B713SCTV5YDYD2RC2&hash=item45030c147e:g:4psAAOSwu5dmMqft&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwJ%2FulUDGjRzzeH9gul2Q%2FfTYAfUPO51sHdjFo0VAW2C1s51VAcnPjWxLcl0AmAv5VZAIHuvOgdqhgXkgJLl0xbowJNTcv8JWEYvrEQM88xw4l5Ox0s7l%2B8hDxmNIlxi8cIMT%2Bmz90KL4BIVXQUyCcMlnD0TvVTHsaXAg9D%2BelNBg6UPJyezgL%2F%2BLLgjSivbLH7%2Foxlog0ceR6orK7Sell%2BxN6ImPy0BEZsaxXOONX5Yfpzh8uuRvlCAyUVgC9s3HXw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7Dknt3oYw
  20. Re-ordered another as I await a response for the return/refund. Meantime, checking out the project + schematics, and looking at the (NES-ended) cables, there's a console-specific board at the 25din connector and controller port wires soldered there (some IC, a few resistors etc). So there's no simple DIY to convert these NES cables to Sega/Atari, bummer. As I wait for another try at the (2nd order) BlueRetro, I guess maybe trying out the Edladdin adapter might be the only potential way left to get bluetooth controllers, *if* it works w/my sample of 8bitdo Retro dongle. I'm dubious to shell out another $30 USD just on the chance it does or doesn't. Any other confirmed dongles/projects that allow BT/Wireless w/the 800XL (that doesn't use 8bitdo's dongle)? Yeesh.
  21. I have been trying to compile MDOS with "MAKE MDOS,F" (both using Beery's TIFILES archive and importing the regular source with the updated TIimagetool) but I am getting lots of errors (see attached). The linking error at the end relates to this section in MDOSL: PAGES ,P_VID1,P_VID2,P_VID3 CLEAR BLOCK >2000,>8000 ADD OBJ\XOPS-G ST * EVAL VIDEND I guess it's not surprising that linking doesn't work with several missing object files. I think I also spotted "out of memory" during assembly. What am I doing wrong 🙂?
  22. If a controller can be plugged and works with any game, then CVBasic won't have any problem using it.
  1. Load more activity