All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, another program of this kind (Windows or Linux). It also makes CFG files with the best config of Atari 8-bit. DOWNLOAD: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ake7f ______________________________________ Grupa Dupa (Mono & Yerz) + Hooy-Program (Hellboj & Yerz) present: ****************** ATARI 400 MINI MAKE CONFIG ****************** Coding: Mono & Hellboj Idea and constant whining: Yerzmyey The archive contains versions for Linux and Windows. INSTRUCTION: It's kind of simple actually - put the files into the catalogue / folder You have the Atari files and run the prog. (The program doesn't read sub-catalogues, so You have to repeat the action for each folder). In return You FINALLY get the the normal Atari 8-bit configuration on The400Mini - 128Kb of RAM and full-screen resolution (here: 350x240 pixels). (C) Grupa Dupa & H-PRG 04.2024
  3. Below is an updated version of Chippi that includes the following features and fixes: Added PiiP-8, a CHIP-8 program which computes the digits of PI (just in case people viewed my using other's CHIP-8 work as cheating) Used JoeZ's bin2wav program to add WAV files of each ECS program tape, allowing Chippi to be used on real hardware 10%-20% speed improvement (game dependent) Added (F)ull speed mode that runs the emulator as fast as possible Added the ability to pick the (dis)chord of the beeper from a choice of 8 Changed the key that adjusts sound volume to down arrow, to better match the the use of up arrow to select the chord Each game now has a default colour scheme, chord and speed that will be used if you don't tweak the configuration before loading it Errors in the documentation have been corrected Graphical bleed-through immediately after loading a new game following a M/C reset has been fixed An overflow edge case bug in the implementation of the LD [I], Vx instruction has been fixed Bit of code crunch to keep the ROM to 4K ROM: chippi-240426.zip
  4. I do remember it being absolutely amazing, with something like 30 cars visible on the track at once, and graphics that actually beat the PS2 version. And you can *actually* play 24 hours of Le Mans on the DC version, which I think was removed on the PS2. Now, about this Infogrames thing... current Atari *is* Infogrames, so it doesn't make any sense people getting excited about "Atari bringing back" Infogrames. This is just Infogrames bringing back Infogrames, after using the Atari name as a springboard to get back into the public consciousness. I have no problem with it, but it's just weird to see the reactions, as if "Atari" is somehow resurrecting a defunct company.
  5. I think it's great. I wonder when gamers (both modern and retro) became such whiners about every little thing...
  6. Oh I feel the same way in regards to AI. There's a lot of unethical profiteering going on there.
  7. That's exactly what it was. I got missile command and followed what you and crossbow said, everything works perfectly now! Thanks guys!
  8. I would like to know what new stuff programmers have learned about the Jaguar after 30 years. Has it been determined how close the Jag can get to PS1's 3D capabilities yet? I know the Jag can do absolutely stunningly beautiful 2D graphics, there is no denying that!
  9. Make sure you check the output of the voltage regulators prior to installing any cards. I've had bad, brand new, voltage regulators.
  10. I’d be game for a 2600 and 7800 when they’re both ready if you’re still building a list.
  11. That’s absolutely true. The end of the cable that connects to the controller can be removed and opened up, exposing the wires. And you can remove the entire cable from the console and the controller pretty easily as well. But if your goal is to REPLACE the original coiled cable with a straight / longer cable (and re-use the connectors at both ends of the original coiled cable), you should be OK with the controller end, although it takes patience and some ability with tools, and wire cutters / strippers if you are planning to thread all 9 wires of a new cable into the connector and reassemble it. But yes, no soldering is required. The end of the cable with the motherboard SIP connector will be more of a challenge. In my experience, there are a few variations of that connector. Some can be pulled apart, but some are sealed / molded plastic. You will likely destroy those when attempting to get them apart. Some can’t be taken apart at all, you would have to cut the wires, then try to push the pins out with an extractor tool. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to reuse those pins. Most likely you’ll need new ones, which will also require a crimping tool and a pin insertion tool. But yes, no soldering required.
  12. Today
  13. Call of Duty Ghoost Colors: 23 plus src * Rastaconverter beta10 * output.xex
  14. This is one of my favorite games on the Atari 8-bit computer.
  15. Yea, I searched a few days ago without finding anything, that is why I am going this route.
  16. I thought I would share another one of my favorite SMS OSTs: I wonder how many Master System/Mark III games had parallax scrolling? (Sagaia was one of them.)
  17. @ColecoGamer Were you inspired by the latest episode of Neo Geo Generation to pick it back up?
  18. Thank you very much for mentioning this!! It is great that we can finally buy a replacement 7800 power supply. 😀
  19. Got my old vbxe working in my 1088xld ntsc. Game looks great! Wish my trackball worked better. Need to see if I can find my ps2 mouse, or perhaps try my wireless mouse with the unijoystickle.
  20. I must be a glutton for punishment, because I started Tomb Raider 3. So far I finished the first 3 (of 4) India levels. I got stuck 2 or 3 times so referenced Stella's TR guide. Some of the switches, buttons, and even movable blocks are difficult to spot. One puzzle would have wasted a lot of time without the guide, you push a block about 4 times forward and enter a chamber with a double rolling boulders trap. The thing is, if you don't notice you passed other pushable blocks, which eventually reveal a room-water-filling switch, you can go round and round trying to to figure out what to do. I found I was more annoyed by these India levels than anything I've played so far. At least Lara gets to battle a few 6-armed sword bearing statues. But mostly you kill giant snakes and little monkeys, ho hum. I don't like the additional mechanism of Lara getting poisoned by snakes or darts, which means you need to waste a medpack. The devs also added Lara's crouch and crawl, and the speed dash. I didn't know about the speed dash until I checked the guide, and you need to use it to get past spike wall challenges. There is a gruesome scene showing the fate of 2 earlier explorers. The game does not explain how they got into the death positions in which Lara finds them. I am the least familiar with this game, compared to the first 2. I know I did not beat TR3 ever, I probably grew tired of it and gave up. But it is cool to revisit it finally after all these years, with the remastered visuals.
  21. Yeah, it is quite different. I mean, there are elements of the classic game play, but with a lot of newer stuff added too. I can definitely understand being hesitant. If you game on PC at all, the Steam version has a free demo. That might be worth a look before you spend your hard earned money on it.
  22. Far be it from me to do as magnificent a job as Ed Fries did in incredibly porting Arcade Rally-X within the system's standard 4kb limits, without using switching tricks or extra resources, but I think we can do new and creative things using which is already recognized by many, uniting the classic with something new, of the type that is currently occurring with Pacman, which broke free from the classic maze for new challenges, created by the creative minds of the developers. Rally_Duel_01.bas Rally_Duel_01.bas.bin
  23. I wonder if anyone ever made a tiny PCboard adapter to convert a uson to sop. I only seen uson to dip adapters and sop to dip ones.
  24. I updated the first post with Part 2. Soon, I will post the XB GPL source code for RND accompanied by a translation to ALC. ...lee
  25. I know there's no way to convert Game Gear Games to Master System without decoding in C, even today with like Level Editers
  1. Load more activity