All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 8K score seems very possible, so plenty of room to win. Simple but great game.
  3. Could be because you're crossing a 4K boundary without a LMS instruction to go over the boundary
  4. I agree. I love a good maze shooter and Marauder is my absolute favourite one
  5. Check https://atari.8bitchip.info/TOS/TOSdep.html for TOS dump PRG … it seems you can do it without removal directly on the ST.
  6. For some reason, I only get 1/2 horizonal screen with some experimental graphics programs.
  7. I only own 2 of these games .Marauder is better than Berzerk(and enhanced) in my opinion. King Kong is also good, so different to the Coleco port. Love how something odd happens halfway through each stage. Kong dives to the bottom and the bombs start travelling up towards Jack. They're a bit harder to avoid here, in this final trek towards the awaiting Ann.
  8. Had to open her up one more time to install a blue led but hopefully that’s it. Now to play some wheel of fortune!!
  9. Here is what I do for analog RGB; cut ribbon cable 1-6 and run appropriate connections to an 8-pin mini-din. Plug a SCART cable into that and I can run it either to a retrotink or RGB monitor. For some reason I couldn't get a good sync signal from Sophia so I am grabbing it off the UAV. That could just be a quirk with my machine. For me, even when displaying on a modern display I prefer the analog RGB because I can get what to my eyes is a more accurate aspect ratio on a 16x9 monitor (RGB RT5X left, DVI right).
  10. Yes, non-destructive modification was the idea. He removed the RF modulator and put the miniHDMI board in its place. Required drilling into the Atari PCB though to secure the tiny board in its place. P.S.: There's already a hole in the right side case from back in the time, which is now used for stereo output and switches related to that.
  11. Looks awesome bro! I'm definitely purchasing it. 👍🏻
  12. Jess, I like what you have created. I think it "fits" the Colecovision and it has that style. I spent a lot of hours playing the Atari 8-bit computer version of this game. I would love to see a version on the Colecovision. (and ADAM ) Do you think you will continue?
  13. April 26,2024 Uploaded a new full .zip of all the Geneve software for emulation. Added Logo II and upped game count to around 120. also has the latest MDOS.
  14. All this must have driven the developers crazy at the time...
  15. Well there are related image files used stored under 3-rootfs\usr\local\share\minigui\res\images, but changing anything significant beyond images would be more involved. I'm not sure if that paddle games section allows for the title png or how many images it permits. Ideally we'd want to draw out the entire minigui folder data (& perhaps other folders) to sdcard to allow for manipulation, if still using the main GSP app interface. For example, the file fg_paddlegames.png is used (when selected), might be able to replace that png file and keep the name the same, but how the section displays the game information on that page is a separate matter. There's a larger background image file for the full screen with the all section labels grayed. Separate background images are used for game displays depending on selection type, ideal ones include title, box art, screenshot, about, control instructions. The music and selection/navigation tones are kept under 3-rootfs\usr\local\share\minigui\res\music, would be nice to change some of the default tunes (Track1.mp3 through Track4.mp3) There are many funky things happening when you turn on the system, temp files and I believe one or more mounts are established at run time. Based on some translated Chinese, the "hard" variable is supposed to represent "The joystick icon is displayed on the FEATURED GAMES details page." although I'm not sure that's happening with custom games added, with values ranging from 0 to 5 at least. Would have to experiment, but not important at this point I suppose.
  16. I got this 520 STFM with Arabic TOS 1.2 (SAUD) ROM. I'm planning to backup the ROM chips for emulator use and would like to know how to do it properly. Is there any thing other than removing the chips, putting them in a rom reader and click read? Thank you!
  17. Took the words right out of my reply. One of us, one of us...
  18. I played the demo, its pretty slow and heavy.
  19. That's tidy! Not a fan of sub-full-size HDMI ports, but that does provide a non-destructive solution without a dangling wire. So your friend desoldered and removed the original RF jack? I haven't even opened up my 800 and Sophia kit yet.
  1. Load more activity