All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 3635! I'll have time to play more in the next few days, literally just got done putting the game onto my GD. I really like this so far! 🙂
  3. Yes, I saw it and almost made the plunge, but I've been sick and dealing with issue about going back to work after 9+ months, so I did'nt hit the button.
  4. Thanks for the input. I should probably clarify the order of events, since I seem to have thrown some red herrings into the mix along the way. It's been a bit of a learning curve for me! I got the Atari 800XL and 1050 out of the parents loft. Initially everything appeared to work fine, and I managed to load the first floppy disk that I tried. I went to load a 2nd disk and the 1050 appeared to have stopped working. I ended up replacing the 47uf caps in the 1050 and that appeared to come back to life. At least the drive motor was working again and the activity light was also behaving as it should. I then went to try loading another disk and got a load of Boot Error messages scrolling down the screen. It was only later that I realised that I had the cable in the wrong port on the back of the 1050 which may have accounted for those errors. I then tried a joystick and Star Raiders cartridge. The Atari booted to what I now know to be self diagnostics but I didn't realise at the time that the Star Raiders cartridge had self diagnostics on board. I removed the cartridge and powered up the 800XL normally and this time it just went to blue screen and white cursor, and that's where I am at currently. Trying Star Raiders again, other than the first time just gave a black screen. Now however, it does nothing and the 800XL just stays on blue screen white cursor. RE: the power LED.. this is a little embarrassing.. pin 24 on the ribbon cable had broken where it connects to the keyboard. I've repaired that with a little bit of kynar wire and have a working LED now. Holding Option whilst booting does nothing. Holding Start whilst booting gives the buzz noise. So that's where I am now!
  5. Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for adding this so quickly - and just compiling the current editor file is a really great idea! Will try it out right away :)!
  6. I keep getting `Prepare IDB Fail` every time i try and flash it with there firmware 1.30...?
  7. I recently purchased an Atari 130XE package deal NTSC tested passes PBI salts A8picoCart SIO2PC w/cables and an assembled Fujinet 1.7 Atari 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS on ebay. (Thank you shawnj03 and voidabone) These, combined with my linux based tnfs and 576NUC+ give me my own local Atari network. The A8picoCart give me access to the Mac/65-DDT environment for learning and developing assembly and perhaps Action! as well. Plus, with two networked Ataris I hope to play with the Fujinet's networking capabilities in the programs that I develop - but that is a long term plan. Buying is fast, learning - not so much. Back to the man-cave!
  8. Well, that got weird at the end, ha. @ZeroPage Homebrew and @Songbird talked about this subject last week in the context of Microvaders: And I wanted to point out that we are playing yet another retail library tate mode game in the High Score Challenge this month, the underrated Hockey. Apparently all y'all need to join in so you remember that it exists
  9. Oh ho maybe Bob made an extra for you since the blue was gone? I thought they were ALL 2 of 2s. GITD is still the best one! 😁
  10. Wow! That looks great! Have you ever tried making Atari 2600 repro boxes? Or small boxes for Atari 2600 cartridges?
  11. Looks like raw signals are at pins 15 and 14 of the VIC2 chip (pins 2 and 4 of the modulator). They are amplified and profiled in the modulator for the final output. Exemplary schematics attached.
  12. The comma tells DOS the length of the first filename, and the string terminator indicates the length of the second one. Internally, DOS will pad both names with spaces before attempting a directory match on the first one or rename operation using the second one, so the presence or absence of an extender should not matter in the least.
  13. Here are my initial competition scores: Loopz - 16140, 32 loopz Played with the original prototype release to see if it felt different at all. It seems close enough to qualify. Hockey - 11 goals Won a fight... no I am not proud.
  14. I was all excited when I got the e-mail thinking for a brief moment that my Last Chance Sale order had made it to shipping. Then I finished reading the e-mail...
  15. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I’m going to look into getting a physical copy. Thanks @Intellivision Master
  16. You should start the game by making the biggest loop possible. Leave some room inside for smaller loops, but go wild. You do get a bonus for clearing the playfield entirely, try to get that at least once early on. The pieces appear in approximately this order: - 1 block - 1 corner - 3 block - 3 corner - U block - L block and reverse - S block and reverse - the eraser - Z block and reverse Later on you have to leave room for the big Z piece - that's the real tough one. The most important thing later on is to not be greedy - the eraser is really random and you can get loads of them or none at all.
  17. I believe it is a homebrew. Yes, it's on the FB2. The game came out in 2005. It was on later flashback consoles because I've played it before. I used to have the flashback portable and the FB9. The game was on the portable.
  18. I might add Homebrews I also enjoy collecting and playing. I am fine with the price point of Homebrews because of the effort that is involved also the packaging! It’s like buying a brand new game back in the day!
  19. So it’s homebrew version? And is it on the Flashback 2 because if it is I believe I tried it but didn’t play much. This is cool if it’s available on physical cart, box and manual you found!
  20. Today
  21. I found a manual as well. https://www.scribd.com/document/509307825/Return-to-Haunted-House-Game-Manual
  22. Here's an article that mentions it. https://steemit.com/retrogaming/@darth-azrael/haunted-house-atari-2600 Here's a box someone made. https://www.etsy.com/listing/903214925/return-to-haunted-house-box-for-the
  23. My thoughts exactly! I really like the XP versions but for myself I’m not interested. I prefer standard versions. I’m the collector that opens the package and plays. If Atari decides to release more CIB games I hope they are standard versions. And I hope they do soon so the ball keeps rolling!
  24. A new version (1.9.0) of the VSCode extension has been published. The biggest change is the more customizable build process. There are now various options available to those who want to use them. 1. The default is still the creation of the atasm-build.json file. This will build the specified file with all the command line options applied. 2. You can turn off the forced config file creation and use various other options. The sequence of finding the file to assemble is now: - Look at the Default Asm File to Assemble setting. If set then this is the file that will be assembled. - If that is not set then the current editor tab is checked if its an assembler file. If it is then that is assembled. You can turn that off with the 'Assemble Current Asm File' option - If you don't have a default and the current editor is not an assembler file or that option it turned off then the alphabetical first assembler file or the last modified one are assembled. The order is set by the Find First File By option. Lots of options are available. I would use a build config file so that I can include search paths and parameters but I would edit the JSON file and clear the input setting. In this case we combine both worlds. Use the build parameters but use the search rules to find the file to assemble. My favorite here is to assemble the current editor file
  25. Kaboom! is another one I missed out on at the time, nice to be playing it now love how quickly it gets frantic. Bumper Bash is a pinball game I’d never heard of, it plays well with not too bad ball physics! Kaboom!: 1953 Bumper Bash: 20,355
  26. Hello, I'd love to be put on the list if there are still slots available. Thank you!
  1. Load more activity