All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The idea was to have a constant number of sprites to draw (or not) I tried to avoid speed slow down where the number of bubbles increase. Unfortunately, it seems to be a fail
  3. Where is all the TI-centric p-system software? I checked out the Whtech site and all there is are the system disks. I'm looking for examples of what was achieved using that system aside from @apersson850's own work. Were there any games made for it using the TI libraries included with the system? The documentation for these can be spotty in places or missing important information (such as the sound volume detail discussed above), or advanced usage of sprites. For example, I am a bit unclear on the usage of the SPRITE_CHANGE_LIST. When I create a sprite using the SET_SPR_ATTRIBUTE function which is supposed to automatically create a SPRITE_CHANGE_LIST, how do I subsequently access specific fields for that sprite such as color or position since I don't know the name assigned to that list? So far the only way to do this that I know of is to use the SET_SPR_ATTRIBUTE function each time I want to make a change to the sprite, and that's a slow function. There has to be a better way.
  4. Hi everyone, Here's the latest newsletter from FULLSET regarding Project Neon. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Despite our best efforts and beliefs, we unfortunately had to go through one more round of changes to the prototype boards as our final tests still showed some not 100% accurate behavior on some hardware revisions. The good news is that we were able to make those small changes without producing actual whole new PCBs. While the modified PCBs were sent to us for testing a while ago, they unfortunately got stuck twice on the way to Australia. Estimated time arrival 17.05.2024 By end of day. The shipment is on its way to destination They are now finally in international transit, though, with an estimated arrival time by DHL for May 17. This brings us to our next topic… Instead of just sitting still and waiting for deliveries to arrive, we decided to make a quick trip to the US for some last-minute location tests. So this coming weekend, we’ll be kicking off things at Arcade Shock in Los Angeles, with a few more locations across different states planned for the following week. Here are the three locations we have confirmed so far: Sat May 18th @ Arcade Shock, Los Angeles (227 E Compton Blvd, Gardena, CA 90248, United States) Thu May 23 @ Stone Age Gamer, Ohio (378 E State St, Salem, OH 44460, United States) Sat May 25 @ Brooklyn Games & Arcade (6120 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11220, United States) For everyone outside of the US, we’ll capture and post as much footage during the events as possible to get your feedback as well! Oh, and we also just recently posted some spoilers on the marquee + move list designs for the MVS collectors edition... And as one more thing, weâre hereby sharing the current version of the Project Neon Desktop Wallpaper in glorious, lossless 4K! https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lhb521jk66bmviwxd8amv/Project_Neon_Wallpaper_4K.png.zip?rlk ey=guocda609ah3mvxl86bk64zw3&dl=1 As always, thanks everyone for your understanding and ongoing support ðŸ™, Sascha & Team FULLSET" Anthony...
  5. the skip sprite option is probably not the most optimized thing to do since even if you have only 3 bubbles on screen, the lynx will still parse the whole chained list with the 97 other being on skip. Much faster to just set the next parameter of you last visible SCB to 0.
  6. Change of dates down to some small shipping delays. Everything is on route to usual territories US, Europe and Australia right now. Stock has been ordered by Spain and Italian Plaion offices and will be available to order at the usual places shortly.
  7. Hi All, Here is the complete program as a TEXT file, I will start on the MiniMem version shortly. Regards Arto. TIDraw1a
  8. For our pal @retrorussell. A great Garfield "Beware of Dog" strip. Hope you like it brother man. :D

Garfield comics

9. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO KOF XIII GM商品 【マグカップ】 草薙京 八神庵 『これで毎朝目覚めの一杯、というてめェの 生き甲斐奪っちゃ可哀想だからな』 各種¥1,980(税込) 表示価格より40%OFFの Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 終了まで あと5日 #BGMT Translated from Japanese by KOF XIII GM products [Mug] Kyo Kusanagi Iori Yagami "It would be a shame to take away your reason for living, which is to have a cup of coffee every morning." ¥1,980 (tax included) 40% off the listed price Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 5 days left until the end #BGMT 4:35 AM · May 14, 2024 Anthony..
  10. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO KOF XIII GM商品 【クリアカードセット】 『ウフフ・・このカードの出来、 久しぶりにゾクゾクさせてもらったよ』 全10種セット ¥1,870(税込) 表示価格より40%OFFの Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 終了まで あと5日 #BGMT Translated from Japanese by KOF XIII GM product [Clear card set] 『 フフ・・ The quality of this card, It's been a long time since I felt such excitement. All 10 types set ¥1,870 (tax included) 40% off the listed price Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 5 days left until the end #BGMT 1:24 AM · May 14, 2024 Anthony..
  11. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO KOF XIII GM商品 【ラゲッジタグ】 本来の用途に使うも良し! パスケースとして使うも良し! 美麗なデザインを眺めるも良し! 全3種 サイズ:約12.5cm×8cm 各種¥1,650(税込) 表示価格より40%OFFの Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 終了まで あと6日 #BGMT Translated from Japanese by KOF XIII GM products [Luggage tag] You can also use it for its intended purpose! You can also use it as a pass case! Just look at the beautiful design! All 3 types Size: Approx. 12.5cm x 8cm ¥1,650 each (tax included) 40% off the listed price Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 6 days left until the end #BGMT 1:54 AM · May 13, 2024 Antony..
  12. Linking sprites is easy. the code of the OP example should be something like: unsigned char bat1[] = { ...}; unsigned char bat2[] = { ...}; unsigned char ball[] = { ...}; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_a = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01,u 0, bat1, 3, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_b = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, 0, bat2, 157, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_c = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, 0, ball, 79, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; void main(void) { [init code] while (1) { tgi_clear(); tgi_sprite(&sp_a); tgi_sprite(&sp_b); tgi_sprite(&sp_c); tgi_updatedisplay(); while (tgi_busy()) ; [ handle input and move sprites] } } with linked sprites it would be: unsigned char bat1[] = { ...}; unsigned char bat2[] = { ...}; unsigned char ball[] = { ...}; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_c = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, 0, // // sp_c has a VOID pointer and ends the chain ball, 3, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_b = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, sp_c, // sp_b points to sp_c as next sprite bat2, 157, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; SCB_REHV_PAL sp_a = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, sp_b, // sp_a points to sp_b as next sprite bat1, 79, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} }; void main(void) { [init code] while (1) { tgi_clear(); tgi_sprite(&sp_a); // since sprites are chained you call suzy only once passing the first sprite of the chain tgi_updatedisplay(); while (tgi_busy()) ; [ handle input and move sprites] } } also, if bat1 and bat2 are the same sprite but using different colors from the same palette you can use only bat1 and reassign the colors to draw with the penpal array of the sprite structure. E.g. if bat1 uses a blue center line, that is the second color of the palette, and bat2 used a red color for the center line of the palette, that is the third color of the palette, you can do this: SCB_REHV_PAL sp_b = { BPP_4 | TYPE_NORMAL, REHV, 0x01, sp_c, bat1, // using the same sprite of sp_a 157, 40, 0x100, 0x100, {0x02, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xAB, 0xCD, 0xEF} // the first value of the array changed from 0x01 to 0x02, this means that for the second color of the sprite palette I'm using the third color of the screen palette };
  13. Sorted, thanks everyone
  14. Some of these older 80s games can be really difficult. I don't think I've beaten the Clubber computer player (with Rocky) in decades, will need more practice. That's where some head-to-head play can be a little more entertaining if there is someone else available and willing to engage in some retro gaming.
  15. Today
  16. QUIZ & DRAGONS AERO FIGHTERS G.I. JOE all arcade
  17. Thanks for details @Nop90 ! I though every sprite has its own settings (like most of the systems I worked on from now) I learnt only today, by mistake, that it's in fact using suzy registers and impact all the next sprites drawn, if not clear or re-set. Interesting...very powerful if used correctly ! and so I probably gain some ticks if I don't set suzy registers for EACH sprite
  18. rbairos

Movie Cart

Unfortunately not. You'll have to run it on Windows 10, or Mac OSX. It relies heavily on the GPU to speed things up, though there's a CPU option you can toggle on after it starts. I'm hoping eventually people may share different free vids somewhere so you don't have to encode everyone yourself.
  19. You have to use a full sprite structure only the first time you call the suzy blitter or if you have to change/reset some of it's internal registers. E.g if you call tgi_clear() at the beginning of a new frame, it changes the vsize anf hsize values so the next sprite to draw has to set the correct value for those registers. And remember that the suzy math calls can change some of the blitter registers. Suzy registers are very limited at low level and the same registers can be mapped to several memory locations for different uses. Usually my sprite chain starts with a full SCB_REHV_PAL sprite for the background, than all the following sprites that don't change size or palette colors are SCB_RENONE, and in the end I put the right SCB structures for the sprites that has special effect like zooming or blinking colors.
  20. I used SCB_REHV_PAL almost everywhere.... I'm currently trying to use SCB_RENONE by default when possible to see if it's improve something or not
  21. Yeah. My post was referring to the strategic point of time, when you posted your score. I would have a lot of fun, just to have a close competition with you on this game. But there is no way to push my limits, when you only post a final score in the last hour. Imagine, if everybody would do it like this. Would it be more fun? Where does the fun come from (for you)? I'm not hunting for my best scores here in the hsc. I'd do that in tg. I'm here in hsc just for the fun of a "one week Challenge".
  22. What I mean is using this trick without optimizing first isn't something I'd like. If I wrote an ugly code, I can't just say "ok, let's use to 15FPS trick to hide my laziness"
  23. Yeah that look different. Is there a Mattel version for the Colecovision?
  24. I do the same sometimes, I think that not sharing the dumpèd roms should be enough to not offend anyone 😅
  1. Load more activity