All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I really enjoy the game but still struggle with the amount of patient concentration required Improved a bit. 39 150
  3. Panther, should this work on all of the SDRIVE MAX on down to the simple or?
  4. My future wishlist is: Asteroids 7800, because it came built in to the PAL system you can't buy an old cartridge of it. Juno First, a 7800 version of the brilliant 2600 arcade shooter Centipede and Millipede on a dual 7800 release Conversions of Tetris and an official Pac-man Collection would be awesome as well
  5. Thanks @madness77 @phaeron @electrotrains For looking into this. I appreciate the efforts of all. Cheers
  6. FWIW in the Wikipedia entry for Destroyer it mentions below quote from Brett Weiss' book.
  7. Nah, that one's taken now. My son uses it for most of his gaming "alter ego's and characters. PS And it was "DarkChyld"...
  8. I've been holding out on you guys - been secretly working on a racing game. My first 7800 game actually. It's an overhead racing game, done in 320B mode with a minimalist graphical look (more or less necessitated by the choice of 320B mode). You can do fullscreen 1 player mode vs the computer or split screen head-to-head 2 player mode. There's 3 cars total in each race, so in 1 player mode, there will be 2 CPU opponents, and in 2 player mode there will be 1. One interesting thing to note is that you can collide with the other cars. That means you can do things like run them into the wall to try to gain an advantage (which I recommend doing because it's fun if nothing else). There's 4 levels of difficulty. I recommend starting out on easy mode, because even easy mode is probably gonna be a bit of a challenge until you get the hang of the tracks. Speaking of which, there's 4 tracks total at the moment. That may be all I do because my current dev board (made from an old Choplifter cart) only goes up to 32K and I'm right at about 32K right now. I'd probably want to build a new dev board if I were gonna go higher. The controls are left/right to steer and button 1 to accelerate. There's no brakes because the car slows down quickly enough as-is and nobody uses brakes anyway. There's a couple other features and things I haven't mentioned, but enough text for now - here's some screenshots and a ROM file. Have at it and feel free to let me know what you think. racers.zip
  9. Man, the paddles went fast. I could have used a second set of Best Paddles. I guess it will have to be part of my next order to get to a threshold.
  10. Congratulations, just saw this! You got a good price - $200 seems about right for the 800 (easily my favourite Atari 8-bit). I paid around $500 Australian, they are much more uncommon here and cost of shipping brings just about any US 800 into that range.
  11. That was a description of changes made to that particular release of the software. The link I posted is directly to the last compiled release. The file ending in bin is the one you want to run from Final Grom. Here is the link to the "front page" of the memtest utility with full description. https://github.com/jedimatt42/ti994a-memtest
  12. Are you referring to more complex DPC/multisprite kernel flicker management in the underlying bB compiler code or just the more simple alternating frame player sprite management in the basic code mentioned earlier in the thread by Splendidnut? I was hoping to try the latter obviously only once I actually got pixels moving on the screen first.
  13. All of the games they are at all discussing these days (Cornholio, Farkle, Skiing, BackTalk) make me think of this as more like the (imposter) "Mo" than "BMO" for Adventure time fans. Really sad. When they were showing a new NightStalker, that Moon Patrol demo, Talking perhaps about a new EWJ (eh, could've been alright), Cloudy Mountain, that was cool shit. But apparently that's all gone. Now we have to "Pick a letter" or something. Like, this "lineup" makes me think of the early days of the Odyssey 2. Without the good stuff like UFO, Pick Axe Pete, KC Munchkin, etc. Just the unbelievably lame stuff. AND they can't even get that part to come out, or come out "right". Whooooa. Almost impressive in its buffoonery!
  14. and only use ti basic and tape! and no 32k! (mini-memory is allowed at least, so you have peek/poke/load and 4k for assembly) only way it would be possible!
  15. I would say it makes more sense to separate the brands by category. Especially since newer game series really have nothing to do with Atari's history.
  16. You're welcome Mike. A pleasure doing so. Thank you for uploading your Xeno Crisis and Samurai Shodown 2 gameplay videos with us bro. I just made a comment on them now. 8^) Anthony.
  17. As a side my experiments with bB code flicker management have always been worse. Tried doing something akin to NES sprite order cycling and it just interfered with the built in flicker management.
  18. I do have a quick question. How the hell do you hold the controller so you can effectively hit both sides buttons when playing Vectron? I can't figure anything out that works well... 🤔😩😞
  19. Well, here are my first scores. Nothing to write home about, but I guess I'm on the board: Vectron: 27,460 Congo Bongo: 5,750
  20. Interestingly enough, some SD cards documentation's do point out that minimum throughput is only guaranteed in 4-bit mode, not in SPI mode.
  21. If you are playing music along the sound effects (SOUND 2), then you should use the statement PLAY SIMPLE NO DRUMS.
  22. Yes. Cheap SD cards may have very low, or even none, guaranteed minimum throughput. On those cards, occasional latency spikes is just something you have to live with. What I don't really get is why this causes games to crash. After all, on a real CD, you sometimes get latency spikes as well (when a read fails because the disc is a bit dirty or scratched), so this case should be handled. What happens on the JagGD when the data from the SD card isn't available in a timely matter? Does it simulate a CD read error?
  23. Thank you for the update, Anthony. I forgot to include their website in my response to @shane857. Wow. $30 is a good price; Shane should snag a copy!
  24. Thanks again. I figured that might be the case given the complete lack of any mention over on RandomTerrain's site despite how detailed and complete it is but thought it might be good to ask. I'll just save that for another time and, just in case, I've been converting my sprites to something that doesn't require those types of tweaks.
  1. Load more activity