All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh, being away did not let me check this, so I missed a chance to test it😞 Got around 300 carts😉
  3. Yes that another option. The made a universal retro PSU as external brick which is the same for various older home computers and just supply a different connection cable from it to the computer. For this one you rewire the transformer plug to go directly to 4 pin molex inside your ti99 and remove the old power supply totally. If you want to keep your ti99 power switch and led you have to figure out your own solution for that part. Finally, once your ti99 is modified internally you got to be careful to not plug in an original ti transformer again or it will damage your console.
  4. Total bargain! Over here in the UK you'll pay £250-£320 ($300ish to $400ish) alone for just the 800, (ebay), on average! I'd definitely treat the 800 to an Incognito upgrade.😊
  5. In 1988 when DNA technology was in its infancy, eastern European scientists inserted a human brain into a rainbow trout for the creation of the world's first thinking fish. Naturally they named it But soon the scientists realized that the fish had no way of communicating with them and its nose was too wide for keyboard use. So they abandoned the project and had a nice buffet instead.
  6. @nanochess I would like to donate to the prize fund ($50) to double the amount they get if that works? If so just let me know where to send the funds. I am really enjoying all of these games. 😊
  7. TI-99/4A RetroPower PSU from Poland https://www.ebay.com/itm/125665389949
  8. Kaboom (1 B/B): 8,078 Bumper Bash (1 A/A): 42,490
  9. I came across this project today that looks like something a lot of retro computing people can use: https://github.com/rasteri/HIDman It's a converter to use USB keyboards and mice to connect to systems with PS/2 ports. It's currently under development, but the author says it's quite functional. I also found this project doing similar using a Raspberry Pi Pico, but I think I'll try out HIDman. https://github.com/No0ne/ps2pico
  10. Additionally: A regular Lynx card checks the contents. And if it is not correct you cannot go past the title screen.
  11. The snes can do true 16bit 32khz audio at 128kbps as blargg has shown with his snes sound demo a long time ago by using a clever technic by disabling echo writes and avoiding adpcm, but sadly that will eat up all the ram and all the processing power of the snes to do something else, but it goes to show that the snes audio chio is more capable then we always trought to be (untill early 2001 i always trought that the snes had all sound effects builtin and that game developers couldn’t create their own sound effects), but if we want to have good audio quality while running game code, we should instead use that 64KB audio ram as a ram buffer to swap BRR/adpcm samples in & out whether for sytheses music or streamed music, so instead of cramming all BRR samples inside that 64KB space by cutting and stretching it etc,,, we should kept each BRR sample at it’s full length to maintain it’s natural sound as much as possible to avoid the need for stretching it wich results in dry audio (unless the snes would,ve contained a high quality audio stretching feature wich sadly it doesn’t have) for instance and i really HATE to say it but as much as i do love the music in supermario allstars, i don’t like those stretched instruments and sounds effects of it as they do just sound soo dry wich is extra compounded in those underground levels to fake echo sound (i do like that echo sound in supermarioworld much much better) heck even those supermario advance games with it’s less interesting instruments,annoying voices but still good sound effects are of better quality despite the average GBA’s infirior soundchip, so with that said if we could replaace those sounds in supermario allstars with restored samples of it by using the sound swapping method, then we can have better sound quality with no ugly reverb shrill/dry effect in it, and all without the need for the mus1 chip either, why am i against the msu1 chip? Because the snes soundchip needs to be more acknowledge to be very capable, just screw that cheating msu1 chip. by the way, we migh could use a few soundchannels of the snes to play sythesed music while 2 other soundchannels might be usable to stream samples to futher eliminate the need for a sound expansion chip and to maintain those supported homebrew games who makes use of it just be fully compatible with most snes flash cards out there so who ever knows😁
  12. Today
  13. I've enabled exFAT formatted drives in this version of the firmware (you can still use FAT32 too). This allows larger drives to be plugged in, but use a powered USB hub if/when appropriate! PPEB2.zip
  14. I have disassembled most of XB3 3.0 so far both ROM and GROMs
  15. I'd like to remind you that Masami Ohbari worked on Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. Congratulations to Chips on Steroids for getting Gladmort past the finish line. As for SNK, I'd love to see their take on a character-action game A la Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Bayonetta.
  16. 224 lines is a compronize between NTSC and PAL. Both machines can show the playfield without large margins.
  17. I assume a 1 TB SATA hard drive is faster than a 512 GB Micro SD Card. Is there a way to install Hard Drive Dreamcast games and access them on Real DC hardware without destroying the GD ROM? I asked this question about a Micro SD card earlier and people said an SD card was too slow for running DC games? Any ways to get a SATA 1 TB hard drive running on real DC hardware and save the Micro SD for the Saturn Saroo? Do the only ways involve hiring someone to cannibalize a Dreamcast with a bad disc reader?
  18. For many games with selectable variations, I've pretty much settled on a single variation that I end up playing 99% of the time. It would be nice if there was a way to patch ROMs to set the default starting game variation to a user-specified variation. Do any hacks like this already exist for 2600 ROMs? If not, I'm thinking maybe a small patching util that incorporates a list of ROM hashes associated with total game variations and the data address to patch for each ROM.
  19. Correct. As I recall the connection back to the serial port was used to trigger an interrupt so that the driver code didn’t need to poll the UARTS on the dc-port. Also MBBS 3.0 has the driver integrated and does not (and might be in conflict) with the auto folder driver. MBBS embedded the driver because of the needs and optimizations or the task scheduled in the kernel of the BBS
  20. Well here is the first production board ready to use with a STM32F407VET6 board. I've got one programmed, but not sure if it's done right as I get the KCTFS binary that I created from his files a few weeks ago to show as the second option on the TI screen, but when I choose it, it goes into the first screen with what seems to be a proper view, bit it doesn't show the dir of the SD card as described and when I hit most any button it locks up. So I'll have to do a bit more slewing. He did not give clear crisp instruction on how to program and set things up, at least in my opinion.
  21. Atari sold a Mega2 ST with 2 MB of RAM and a Mega4 ST with 4 MB. Both use the same logic board, but half of the RAM chip locations are empty of the Mega2 ST. Have you looked at your logic board?
  1. Load more activity