All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A lot of idiots believe the Steam Deck is Windows.
  3. Like the title says, prefer a raw binary that I can burn to EPROM(s), my old original SNES proto board can only handle 2MB. Cheers, -R
  4. We are not competitors, we are Atari Lynx's lovers!!!! 😄
  5. @rygar I think you have a serious competitor here, at least in term of games
  6. Hi guys, Back with NeoGeoNow with more on Fatal Fury City Of The Wolves. Anthony..
  7. Yeah Dopy, JapanGamesOnline @japangameonline really helps the community a lot. If you're looking for something, feel free to contact him on AtariAge as well. He knows me and if you like, mention Anthony or Charlie Cat sent you. He'll provide you a discount as well Here's the link to his profile. https://forums.atariage.com/profile/80506-japangameonline/ Anthony..
  8. Coming back to this, waiting for the PCBs to arrive (it seems the PokeyMax 4 one will not come in time to assemble it next weekend :/) and now having a working Quartus installation I made sure I can compile the MiSTer core from sources (not fully done, the ARM C code is still the precompiled bin files and it might be I need older Quartus recommended by the MiSTer community) for any future experimentation. However, I also looked at diff of the basic VHDL files for Atari chips in the MiSTer core and yours that you made available and the changes are far from trivial. Trying to sync this by hand knowing little about FPGA practicalities is most probably not going to work for me. So now I wonder how to approach this practically, it's such a waste that the MiSTer core is lagging behind and still having so many bugs... Perhaps a new fork altogether, I don't know...
  9. Oh wow! Money well spent Shane. Last Resort is one of the best shooters for the Neo-Geo. Glad you have it in your already awesome collection bro. I think I'll play mine later on today now. Anthony..
  10. Hi glaz, Good to see you back with us bro. Yeah, I didn't like that either with the cost of shipping. What also disturbs me is that my form of payment isn't accepted with Kickstarter outside the United States. That's a bummer. Look like I have to find an alternative way to pay, or wait when it's over with PixelHeart and use PayPal. Anthony..
  11. Filenames maybe - depends how it's done. It sort of breaks the CIO device independence philosophy if not done right. There's nothing stopping implementing a Basic CSAVE that requires a filename which gets written before the program itself. But to be fully useful, the program name should be echoed to the screen when it's found. A potential problem here is that the user could presss Ctrl-1 to pause screen output which if the tape keeps running would cause a load fail. Not sure if you can have a tape file that has long IRG for the 1st 2 records then switches to short IRG after those? Also, skipping a wrong file name would be problematic - as we all know if you have noise or excessive leader on an Atari tape it can cause a read error. Possibly the tape SIO could have had more smarts such as assuming 5 seconds of pure clean "1" input to be a clean leader where it would attempt to read the next file.
  12. I think it's fine. I prefer a clear single winner than overcomplicating things, like has been done in other polls. dZ.
  13. Today
  14. Maybe he only exists as an emulated version of himself now. 😔
  15. People also tend to forget that, except for dividends (which is probably what PDubs refers to by saying "a stock doesn't need to be a high price to make someone money"), people don't get any money from a stock rise unless they actually sell their shares anyway.
  16. As I finish playing Baldur's Gate 3 on my Macbook and pick up a steam deck. 😂
  17. Until this one is completed you might want to try this one then https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1317 Also Captain Harlock is still in the doing Long live the Shmups, and looking forward how this one will evolved. It's a really nice start!
  18. It would be great to get these images / preserved. I still have the modded machine somewhere. Would love to give them a test.
  19. I don't get all this ripping on Sean_1970. I get that updates only work on Windows, but a Mac solution should be on the to-do list. Better yet come up with a solution for applying updates on future hardware. I got sold on the 2600+ as being a no internet device that accepts 40-year-old cartridges. It's an emulation device that is a gimped console to pretend it is something it is not. I was fooled to think an update would even be necessary. That being said I am very appreciative of the work Ben is doing! He is going beyond the support I feel Atari should be providing their products. I pray they continue to fix unsupported legacy carts and improve paddle functionality, along with the homebrews they sell. I have bought one homebrew at Atari Age, and ran the update to play it. I am holding out to see how this all goes with an official release. I will buy more if they do it right. I'm not sure they even acknowledge this work is being done outside of these forums? Still loving the 2600+. Looking forward to what the next 6 months bring.
  20. Did you try to clean also the lynx cart connector pins? This could help for the Insert Game issue. The screen flashing the correct images now and then let me think it works, but there could be a problem with the signals from the main board. Try to clean the whole circuit board with with Isopropyl alcohol, carefully dry it before reassembling everything and try again. Dirty on the board could cause short circuits or signal leakage. Also after cleaning the board inspect it searching for corroded parts. Another critical point could be the tracks on the screen flex. If you find corroded points check the rails with a multimeter.
  21. It might apply to some or most but not all. I worked alongside James on many projects and he was one of the best not talentless at all. He understood the system and programming better than most and his lack of commenting was in no way because he was lousy or incompetent programmer.
  22. I went to a thrift store over the weekend that sells a large collection of complete-in-box (CIB) NES games. The owner sold me a 1993 Namco-issued Pac-Man with manual CIB for $75.00, stating that the artwork on the box was a rarer variant and commanded more money. Does anybody have any additional info about this release? I know there was an earlier Pac-Man released on the NES by Tengen that is much more common, and the Namco version that I bought is rarer because it came out at the end of the NES’ lifecycle. Anyway, it’s a nice box, and I love the artwork. I might buy a few more NES games CIB in the future when my budget allows.
  23. Hi Two new games added to my collection: I hope to be able to share soon the rest of my collection, hardware, magazines, posters, etc. ...
  24. I’ve had the same issue with JCD’s failing. I can only assume the memory card can get corrupted, as I had Dragons Lair start failing on me, so I formatted the memory card and copied the JCD’s across again and it worked fine.
  25. It’s the only way I could think to add some kind of cloning protection. Unfortunately it’s needed these days with small quantity niche products like this. If it were cloned and sold by someone else I wouldn’t be able to continue making these products. And a false link will never be created, you’ve just typed it in wrong. That’s the point of the QR, you can scan it without error and mail it to yourself, etc. Putting an update.html on the memory card which takes you to the page may be another solution.
  26. Thanks. I don't think they are related; there are 9 tunes (Ranger 1-9) on ASAP.
  1. Load more activity