All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just a heads up for anyone in the UK who is interested, the 2600+ carrying case is now available on Amazon UK. Just ordered one.
  3. White noise label🤙 @JetmanUK The sticker is blue. NTSC but runs fine on a PAL machine and the wrong colors don't matter😊
  4. The small M Network stickers I put in between the label and end label. @theonlygood had the idea and @pboland did some tweaking on it and this is my attempt at it.
  5. I actually did consider 320C briefly but I wasn't able to get the car sprites how I liked them due to the color placement limitations. So yea I used 320B with kangaroo mode 'on' in order to get more colors. That of course brings it's own issues with the black boxes around things but I was able to work around it. One thing I've realized while doing this project is that the 7800 isn't the easiest system to code for, especially when using the 320 modes. I like your demo by the way - very impressive.
  6. Nice job! These never had front labels? Where do the M network stickers go? I got 2 mystery M network carts for free. The end labels were gone and recreated them.
  7. Not sure...I've got multiple Burgertime roms on my computer. Is there a difference in the gameplay? I will download the one that is linked above just to be sure. I suck at this game anyway!!!
  8. No, most likely not. To begin with, Commodore very sparingly sold their custom chips to third party manufacturers, even as late as 1990. Also the sound seems a bit too rough to be SID. Here is a schematic for the Tyco Hot Keys. Indeed there is a 28-pin custom IC there: https://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/hot_keyz_966.pdf However if we compare with the SID pinout, there are some strange things going on: https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/SID Pin #3 (filter capacitor #2) tied to ground. Pins #4 and #5 (filter capacitor #2 and reset signal) connected through a resistor, two capacitors and a crystal. Pins #6 - #9 (Phi/2 oscillator, R/W flag, Chip Select and A0, lowest bit on the address bus) also combined in a circuit. Pin #23 (POT Y) tied to ground. Pin #24 (POT X) connected to VCC through a resitor, capacitor to ground. None of the data lines (15-22) appears to be connected per the Tyco schematic. Nope, this most probably was a custom IC, or something completely different.
  9. It will allow SDX to move enough stuff out of commonly used memory and into the expansion, thus allowing more software to work in the SDX environment
  10. I'm still looking for a long play controller that has the disc on the right side..... 🙄 Would gladly swap one of my left side disc controllers. I have two lefties....
  11. Update on my M Network labels tweaked these a bit and changed the two TRON end labels. I have 4 more to do then my M Network labels will be finished. (Picture looks a bit blurry)
  12. It's a blasphemous thought, but would a "pause" button be possible on new hardware? A groundbreaking feature on the 7800. My nose was itching like crazy during a good run in Seaquest last night.
  13. Not really. Think about it this way. Which bad press is worse for your company… You sell 1000 luxury items, that most people won’t know are defective, because the just plan on putting on a shelf. They are 100% defective (if you open them), but only 10% of your customers will open them, and only 10% of those will complain on the internet. You sell 1,000,000 high priced items, that people use on a daily basis, that don’t work if you are holding the product the way it was intended. Everybody will complain (to themselves), but only 1% will complain on the internet. In the first situation, you might get 10 tweets saying your company sucks. In the second, you might get 10,000. Then news stories do whatever is trending, and write lots of articles about how your product sucks and is defective. Apple is still making phones, Atari will still be making games. It makes more sense for them to focus on the low cost $30-$50 games than the premium ones.
  14. The only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning Marty. Great Scotts!
  15. Thanks for comparing - Did you happen to note norm distance? Were the higher thread counts "better" in the same amount of time? And all of these were sampled at the same amount of time passed? Could be some AMD specific thing, I suppose. But if it is it's weird because the cores are definitely active. I have high core Intel machine to test on as well, so I'll do that.
  16. Currently the easiest way is using DEFINE COLOR, for example: FOR c = 65 TO 90 ' Alphabet A-Z DEFINE COLOR c, 1, color_for_letter NEXT c ... color_for_letter: DATA BYTE $60,$80,$A0,$20,$50,$D0,$E0,$F0 ' Rainbow letters with transparent background (i.e. border color)
  17. Hi Stupid question : How to choose the color of a text ? PRINT AT 0,3"HELLO WORLD" It is white, how to change, cannot find COLOR option ???
  18. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T83CSCG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 These work great. Good stick and easy to peel. Look for a spray varnish to protect ink also. I did not like the result of my testing, so did without. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M6Y3TYZ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 for the corners. Slightly bigger round but close. I did get pretty good at using small scissors as well.
  19. I just purchased one of these and tested it on my 576NUC+ S-Video output. AliExpress LINK Thus far my tests with my Atari using S-Video are every bit as good as my original RetroTink 2x. PROs Very inexpensive as compared to the RetroTink 2x (about $100 cheaper) Comes with a nice case at no extra charge Uses standard (not mini) HDMI port - no adapter required CONs Although it works great on my Atari S-Video it's not as clean on my C64 with improved video upgrade board ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Later today I'll be posting a short video of it in action right here. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have another one coming from AliExpress, so I would suggest that people wait for my feedback on it before committing, just in case the quality varies.
  20. This whole episode makes Atari look *really* bad: - It took them a year to create 2600 carts - A couple of them are malfunctioning - Atari apparently won't bother fixing the malfunctioning games??? If that's how Atari treats people willing to pay $1000 for 10 games which are older than dirt, that doesn't bode well for the rest of us.
  21. Today
  22. I think the micro SD cards I use are just flat surface and don't have any ridges on the edge. I know the ones that came with my Movie carts are flat at least.
  1. Load more activity