All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That should have been the initial approach along with a user-accessible menu via some kind of special switch+button combo. The amount of time being spent on an update which fixes a lot of issues suggests to me that the release was a bit rushed and probably should have come out this year. Certainly the testing wasn’t as extensive as it could have been. Obviously I don’t have details to indicate why this is, but lessons learned and all that I’m sure.
  3. That would be great if Atari started producing CX-80 Trakball controllers!
  4. Alright, but if you put a routine in the bankswitchable area of the cartridge, that routine has to appear in all banks (or at least the banks that can be active when the routine is called) otherwise you'll call garbage data if you call the routine in a bank where the routine is not present. How does your compiler deal with this?
  5. There was at least one poll here quite a few years ago that showed how many respondents used each dos. IIRC, at that time Dos 2.5 was still the most widely used, with versions of Sparta second (and it was a close second) and MyDos third. All the rest followed. BTW, I couldn't locate the poll, but it did exist.
  6. Ah, I stand corrected. I was sure it was 207.
  7. I'm trying to add support for these 3 special modes and I understand that they work slightly differently from the others in that they need 4-bits of data from ANTIC in order to determine the luminance or color. What's puzzling me is precisely that. As GTIA scans across generating color clocks, it has to "backfill" (for lack of a better word) the previous color clock when it has the second set of data from ANTIC. Meanwhile the PM graphics are placed as usual with the individual color clocks. Or do I have it wrong and in this special mode GTIA polls ANTIC twice within a single color clock to get the 2 packets of data to determine the color/luminance and then proceeds to fill in the second color clock? The timing is not clear to me and I've checked the Altirra reference docs. So what is actually happening under the hood? Thanks!
  8. This is not possible for SNES homebrew, 32 KHz for 1 minute would be almost 4 MiB of ROM... If you keep a CD, this solution would ultimately be possible. And even if you reduce the sample quality, CPU -> SPC700 transfers take too long. You lose many instruction cycles, which is problematic because the SNES CPU is not very fast. Currently I have developed my own sound driver which, on the contrary, allows music to be compressed. For my shmup I must have 10 songs for the game, they make a total of 29 KiB + 20 KiB of Sample. And it uses the SNES quite well. In addition, I did quite a lot of work on the SFX which are played at 8KHz.
  9. @Atari2600PAL Great game! And CIB I have a loose copy. I hope your other game shows up soon!
  10. Hi guys, Neo Byte Force shared their latest game to be available soon. Captain Barrel. Enjoy. Anthony..
  11. Let me tell you that joystick controller is very responsive! I remember playing Keystone Kapers on this console with really good gameplay!
  12. You can put both code and data inside a BANK. The only constraint is that BANK SELECT can only appear in the global bank 0 (the default after you set BANK ROM) There is an example included with CVBasic called bank.bas
  13. It is better to put your image as a 24-bit BMP file, and process it with TMSColor. It will generate the minimum number of tiles, using for example: tmscolor -t128 -b your_image.bmp your_image.bas your_image
  14. The correct value to end sprite processing is 208. However, CVBasic currently does sprite flicker by default (rearranging sprites on the screen), so you need to invoke SPRITE FLICKER OFF to use the 208 value.
  15. Yes of course! I'd be happy to.
  16. We just had like 6 coronal mass ejections from that sunspot AR3664. We're getting auroras for the important parts of America (and probably most of Europe). So, go outside tonight for a once in 170 year treat!
  17. I've never seen one of these before, very cool.
  18. Thank you very much! I've added you at the first post. I'll be sure to tell you where to send funds.
  19. Lucky You! Spy Hunter looks like a good one! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
  20. Probably Zero, the game does not push the NeoGeo or even the SNES. Its very good though.
  21. Link's Crossbow Training totally surprised me a few years back. I got hooked on it. Short and simple, but addictive.
  22. That’s a great price! If the labels good keep it on there! My local game store has about 50 copies of Combat for $1.00 each. Maybe more in back stock. Lol
  23. I think it's less that folks forget, and more that they may actively disagree about how much the 2600+ needs such widespread appeal to be viable and/or whether those outside our niche will be bothered by the limitations (without the firmware upgrades) we've been talking about. No one here (I don't think) disagrees with there being value in making upgrades as widely accessible as viable. But there's room (IMHO) to talk about what effort really is viable, and what's putting a lot of money and effort into something that may not have as much payoff as others think.
  24. Without doing too much research on this, I think it would be possible with some slight modification. The immediate issue I see is that the 6502 starts with the vector at $FFFC and the 800 used a select line system to select 8k memory regions. The Personality card doesn't have the correct select lines and the Z-80 starts running at $0000. So, the ROMs would not be addressable. That being said, the RAM slots really don't have to have RAM chips installed. So, a ROM could be installed in RAM slot 0. I'd have to do more research on the video side of things. Some other considerations would have to be made due to the I/O region. I'd guess it would take a couple hours of research and careful consideration to fully answer your question, though.
  1. Load more activity