All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks. I think this game is a little beyond my ability to program, honestly. Whack a mole is one thing, but Alley Cat is a great deal more complex, with a hub and at least five action stages. However, I wouldn't object to doing artwork for someone else, should they want to tackle the game.
  3. Great! I'll try dumping the rom using this tool once I fix the floppy drive.
  4. Well, I got everything in to build my APEDSK99 unit up, except for the 64k ram chip, but at least I going to solder everything together and I should be able to program the UNO and setup the sdcard at least and do the modding needed on the Shield part, as I wait for someday the ram chip to come from china which might be in a month or so from now. But the soldering on Shield is crap, some leftover flux, and one of header pins got bent as it was NOT packaged well at all, just in a thin bubble wrap no foam or box. @RickyDean and @JJB let me know any tips or suggestions before I start assembling this beast.
  5. I can't be able still to win the second track very nice Rasmus! Incredible result
  6. What are the metrics? There are a lot of software tricks that can be done if you balance your resource. Look at some of the things that Traveler's Tales did on the MegaDrive and Saturn.
  7. I probably put in about 80 hours. I had a few learning curves to overcome including VBXE programming, trackball programming, figuring out the missile command graphics (not straight forward at all), fixing many issues related to color system used in original hardware, etc. None of them were monumental to overcome but add them together and even what looks like a pretty simple port can take lots of time. An example of the graphics issues were lots of remnants left on the screen after explosions and cursor movements. The original hardware only uses two bits for color in the top of the screen but many times the original program set all three color bits. This didn't cause issues in the original hardware, but it was a pain too figure it out on this port. I ended up changing a lot of color 7 draws to color 6, but getting to that solution wasn't straightforward!
  8. Could have also installed a FRAM upgrade and not need the battery in there ever again...
  9. Astounding! Depending on how much free time the GPU has, you could watch the scanline register and change the sprite mode for the bottom half, if that helps memory at all.
  10. On another note I keep replying to the wrong threads on my phone. Something funny is going on with the JavaScript on this site.
  11. The condition really is the X-factor in this. If this had a minty label it could go for twice what I believe it to be worth. It is a very rare piece though.
  12. I look for smaller images that would convert faster like this spider it looks great and took 2 hrs . The most I've have a conversion running is 5 weeks . The top image is Atari and the bottom is the PC.
  13. Thanks for the outstanding explanation of the process you followed here!
  14. I think parallel processing with Nvidia cuda would speed things up. My gpu has over 3500 cores also Processing cpu's that support AVX512 would also speed things up.
  15. I find that just owning a TI99 itself is enough to get women to take off their clothes.
  16. Seriously though … MS is terrible at naming. What do you think they would name the next one? xboxer next box xbox prime xbox squared xbox cube xbox supreme xbox the merciless (bonus points for catching the reference) xbox turbo xboxosaurus rex …
  17. Whether letters are close to each other or not, it can still often times happen that if you hit a letter and then quickly swipe to another one far away from the first one you did hit, that it then registers the other letter instead, and yes a can reread everything once again and correct certain mistakes, but only for 30 minutes? Why couldn’t they just give us unlimited time to edit stuff whenever we want it? , what if the whole written text takes longer then 30 minutes to read and you want to correct something at the near bothem of that text, well good luck tracking down that mistake within that half hour, if atariage could just give us unlimited time to edit stuff for correcting things, i guess everybody will be better with it.
  18. I can't be that PC about it so I tend to just keep quiet about it or I just refuse to put my money where people want to (ranging from) be themselves, to attention seeking, to over expressing a legit mental illness whatever it may be on that range. I think games should be detached from reality so this stuff just shouldn't really apply. They're supposed to be an escape, not another realm to throw politics and social shenanigans down peoples throats for whatever the reason may be. I can not get behind the fluidity thing, especially in media such as games. In my mind I recoil when you get a myraid of made up weirdness from someone choosing to be the opposite to some person deciding they're a cat and it's catself or whatever pronoun they want to demand gets used as it just has gone too far. If BG3 really is as bad as a heap of people are saying where whether you're a dude or a girl, and both the men and women want to get close if not bang the crap out of you I couldn't get into that. If I'm playing an adventure I want to well...adventure, not have myself be in a weird three way with a couple of dude orcs and dwarves upstairs in the inn because I got tired of the constant asking until I relented or accidentally hit ok... It's funny or not, but almost seems like D&D infected with a bad case of hentai meets leisure suit larry going on there. I could write more, but I won't even quote you @82-T/A but that last paragraph (up to the degrees bit, I have 2 jobs) you put there it feels like you copy and pasted what I would have written down to basically age, family, having a daughter ...shit like that is why I disengage and want to enjoy my free time away from this virtue signaling psychopathic nonsense and have reverted to playing largely video games from the NES-GBA era, a few on Switch but not much, and doing anime from the 80s-00s period since it breaks from reaity in good ways.
  1. Load more activity