All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Call of Duty Ghoost Colors: 23 plus src * Rastaconverter beta10 * output.xex
  3. This is one of my favorite games on the Atari 8-bit computer.
  4. Yea, I searched a few days ago without finding anything, that is why I am going this route.
  5. I thought I would share another one of my favorite SMS OSTs: I wonder how many Master System/Mark III games had parallax scrolling? (Sagaia was one of them.)
  6. @ColecoGamer Were you inspired by the latest episode of Neo Geo Generation to pick it back up?
  7. Thank you very much for mentioning this!! It is great that we can finally buy a replacement 7800 power supply. 😀
  8. Got my old vbxe working in my 1088xld ntsc. Game looks great! Wish my trackball worked better. Need to see if I can find my ps2 mouse, or perhaps try my wireless mouse with the unijoystickle.
  9. I must be a glutton for punishment, because I started Tomb Raider 3. So far I finished the first 3 (of 4) India levels. I got stuck 2 or 3 times so referenced Stella's TR guide. Some of the switches, buttons, and even movable blocks are difficult to spot. One puzzle would have wasted a lot of time without the guide, you push a block about 4 times forward and enter a chamber with a double rolling boulders trap. The thing is, if you don't notice you passed other pushable blocks, which eventually reveal a room-water-filling switch, you can go round and round trying to to figure out what to do. I found I was more annoyed by these India levels than anything I've played so far. At least Lara gets to battle a few 6-armed sword bearing statues. But mostly you kill giant snakes and little monkeys, ho hum. I don't like the additional mechanism of Lara getting poisoned by snakes or darts, which means you need to waste a medpack. The devs also added Lara's crouch and crawl, and the speed dash. I didn't know about the speed dash until I checked the guide, and you need to use it to get past spike wall challenges. There is a gruesome scene showing the fate of 2 earlier explorers. The game does not explain how they got into the death positions in which Lara finds them. I am the least familiar with this game, compared to the first 2. I know I did not beat TR3 ever, I probably grew tired of it and gave up. But it is cool to revisit it finally after all these years, with the remastered visuals.
  10. Yeah, it is quite different. I mean, there are elements of the classic game play, but with a lot of newer stuff added too. I can definitely understand being hesitant. If you game on PC at all, the Steam version has a free demo. That might be worth a look before you spend your hard earned money on it.
  11. Far be it from me to do as magnificent a job as Ed Fries did in incredibly porting Arcade Rally-X within the system's standard 4kb limits, without using switching tricks or extra resources, but I think we can do new and creative things using which is already recognized by many, uniting the classic with something new, of the type that is currently occurring with Pacman, which broke free from the classic maze for new challenges, created by the creative minds of the developers. Rally_Duel_01.bas Rally_Duel_01.bas.bin
  12. I wonder if anyone ever made a tiny PCboard adapter to convert a uson to sop. I only seen uson to dip adapters and sop to dip ones.
  13. I updated the first post with Part 2. Soon, I will post the XB GPL source code for RND accompanied by a translation to ALC. ...lee
  14. Today
  15. I know there's no way to convert Game Gear Games to Master System without decoding in C, even today with like Level Editers
  16. The include joy is crap. I'm unterly disappointed in it. I also have the Atari VCS controller and can't get it to work at all. first thing I tried. Edit: I used the reset hole and was able to get the joy to work; but can't start breakout with it.
  17. It is pretty simple. The code does not clear the decimal and carry flag initially. Usually these are clear on real hardware, but not always. E.g. when you use flash carts or an emulator (in Stella you can disable randomizing the PS register in the developer settings). Then it checksums its code (also) using additions. With the decimal flag set, this results into a completely different result. Also a set carry flag will result into a wrong result. The game then jumps to a random address and sooner or later crashes.
  18. oh I love viewpoint! The music in that game is so JAMMIN'! idky but my favorite is actually the Genesis port. Something about all that sprite flicker pushing the hardware to the MAX, haha. Third level music is best and yeah, boss battles are tough!
  19. Well, after reading all of two sentences about the matter, I believe the guy skipped a very important step by not securing the intellectual property rights to Leisure Suit Larry prior to developing a derivative product based on it, made from scratch or otherwise. There could be other mitigating circumstances beyond your two sentences that may color my view, but I doubt by much. Why did he skip that step? I have no problem with this guy developing an unauthorized game for his own personal amusement. Or even uploading the .bin file -- for free -- for others to enjoy the fruits of his hard work via emulation. It's when he begins financially profiting from his unauthorized game that I object to. If he lives in a country where U.S. copyright laws cannot be enforced, that still does not matter very much to me. By neglecting to secure the IP rights to the original game CONCEPT and to its CHARACTERS, and then selling his game based on it, he has crossed a serious ethical line. He has made the conscious decision to profit from IP theft. This is just flat out wrong. Theft should never be rewarded, regardless of whether you live in a country where IP theft is legally enforceable or not. And if this guy finds himself getting sued by Sierra Entertainment (or whoever the legal copyright holders of LSL may now be), I gotta say he has it coming to him. Intellectual property rights theft may not matter much to you, but it does to me. If this guy intends to sell his game for any amount greater than the cost of materials to manufacture it, I surely won't be one of his customers. I cannot condone software piracy (which this is clearly not), nor can I condone or support unethical profiteering (which this clearly is). As a member of the human race, I feel an obligation to be better than that. If I sound a little "preachy," may I remind you that you did ask me how I felt about projects such as this. Oh, and I think Infocom created a similar game in The Leather Goddesses of Phobos, except they did it much better. I love that game! -Ben
  20. 54000 A bit better. Thanks for the info playvectrex.
  21. @JasonACT, I figure if I can't fit them on, I can always use the bigger memory, no foul.
  22. @RickyDean I hope they work OK The '245 chips seem to be mislabelled though, "LVS" should be "LVC".
  23. [SOLUTION] I found a bug I was unable to duplicate, because I had a setting in my start_local_sd.sh file that no one else is likely to have. Two methods to resolve for now (choose one, or even both): Search and find any game entries set to game type "18" (there will be 3 from CV quick start) and change them to anything acceptable such as "2" and the 3 CV games will then work fine from the GUI. or Replace the \data\start_local_sd.sh file with the attached file The start_local_sd.sh will normally just reject any game type that is not getting trapped, and as a result, the start script exits without executing the runme script. The attached file will trap type "18". The options above provide a quick resolution for now, but I will change the Quick Start deployment for CV games to use a game type that is trapped by default. start_local_sd.sh
  24. I've been tinkering with @JasonACT's toy. I am adding two uson pads (circled) for APS6404L-3SQR-ZR uson memory ic's as I accidently bought 10 of these on my first try of ordering the BOM for this device instead of APS6404L-3SQR-SN sop. It was a time trying to figure out where to put the first one that corresponds to U2, the one in U7's footprint was much easier. I hope these don't violate design rules to much and are producable. And as @JasonACT states below the 74LVS245 is 74LVC245 now on my drawing. This is just for me to use up my stock of uson memory.
  25. Hello everyone, my name is John Peter, I'm an Atari game programmer, I started in this market last year, I still need to learn and perfect my games. I created an RPG game, in fact it is a saga of four games, each one will have a different theme and gameplay, the character's appearance will also change, there will be puzzles to "increase" the difficulty. I will be providing a link to download the game's ROM and the manual I created, with the manual you won't be lost, having tips to get through a puzzle. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ymb9cnl73zv967f/Quest%21_Fire_%28NTSC%29.bin/file https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ns3iecsk3yszo/Manual+(EUA)
  1. Load more activity