All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As a „normal user“ I can confirm that everything’s works/loads fine now - „my ROMs games“ load up to 128 KB (Penult).
  3. Looking at the images in AGSP and I found 2 image that are for the Arcade 1up - Atari 10-1 Couchcade... weird... 🤔 There are in miniGUI folder, `\minigui\res\images` )
  4. I posted this on southernamis but thought I would throw it here. Saw this on fb. Not sure of the rarity of it but if it is rare we might want to reach out to the person. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/T4xoaQbm3k7ra3rz/?mibextid=K35XfP
  5. I guess you could: i) Double check the 10 pin cable is good ii) Open the blaster and check for any stupid soldering issues etc P.S. TDI should be going low. e.g. if IDCODE is sent: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683207/current/supported-jtag-instructions.html https://medium.com/@aliaksandr.kavalchuk/diving-into-jtag-protocol-part-1-overview-fbdc428d3a16
  6. Where does one find these high scores? Do I need to log into some form of social media?
  7. Why were the forums down last night?  I was able to get to other parts of the site, but not the forums.

1. OldSchoolRetroGamer

OldSchoolRetroGamer

😂 it happens. It was down for a very short time, sometimes it's maintenance, sometimes the host has issues, no big deal. As someone who drops in several times a day since 2006 I can say a few minutes of downtime is literally nothing. You've been a member here even longer than me, you should know this. 

8. https://x.com/BitmapBureau/status/1787824009117147350
  9. I did this with a RPI1 and put it inside a Mega Drive and Mega CD cases, I downloaded the version of Retropie with Attract Mode so I could change its GUI and add videos of the games, Mega CD games videos mainly and run them at full screen so it looked like it was running the game by itself, this was before the ATGames MD(2017) and MD Mini was invented.
  10. I saw that you've been posting around for this, and some previous discussions on differences between cross assemblers. Do you require it because you have old code in that format, or mostly for collecting purposes? I'm thinking if you need to assemble old projects, perhaps some kind of conversion could be made so a newer cross assembler accepts it.
  11. I have these two effects that I made back in the day for inclusion in the original demo:
  12. I do not see why not, thank god MY Arcade didn't lock the GUI down like RGL, I find if you concentrate on worrying what users are going to do with it when they buy it then you forget to add features because your to much working on locking everything. RGL are the only company that locks there GUI, thats why THE400 uses THEA500 Carousel because it locked.
  13. I absolutely agree! I read through all the pages and absolutely enjoyed it. 😃 Unfortunately, I completely lack the required technical knowledge and skill to build something like that myself, so I wonder how people like me will be able to get one of those brillant builds?
  14. Blasto was also a Gremlin game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasto_(arcade_game)
  15. Thanks CharlieChaplin for the heads up! I should have done a search first, but had assumed that because it had never come up before that Archer had done such a demo, that it wouldn't have been out there already in some shape or form. Thankfully there are some variants of the demo included on the page which I don't think are out there (The "Carless" original version), so there is something slightly new at least - and as you say, there is finally a credit to attach to it. What is interesting is that the clue that it was by Archer has been there all along - in that demo that snuck out years ago, there is an "AM83" credit added to one of the later screens. I'll update the page with the information that it did sneak out with credit to yourself.
  16. Today
  17. Hello, After defining a character set and arranging the Screen layout, I saved the results as: CVBasic, assembler hex, compress all with pletter. Can anyone provide sample code of how the screen layout (screen layout, pletter - SL_PL label) information is used to display the characters on the screen?
  18. 6 or 8. Hyperspace is a panic move and I don’t panic 😉. High points or no extra lives to up the challenge 👍. This isn’t the most graceful port, but they captured the essence so it’s a must-have in the collection for me and one of the cases where I prefer the 2600 port to later, graphically “superior” versions. See also 2600 Centipede which I had never played until Evercade. Someday I’ll get a cart version 😁
  19. It's Splut Thursday. What a nice card Garfield. :D

Garfield comics

20. Yeah TI made " Hustle " and that was a Sega / Gremlin arcade game originally. They didn't even bother to rename that one.
  21. I'm perhaps cheating a bit here as this version is clearly made with SotN in mind but hey, there's a Dance of Illusions in Dracula X / Vampire's Kiss OST too for the SNES, so we're all good. The intro is so intense. Excellent use of the dialogue from the PSP version and other samples also as the piece progresses into a dark discoteque masterpiece.
  22. TCK goes from high to low once on the first attempt of connection after freshly connecting the blaster to USB, then it stays low for all subsequent connection attempts. TDI and TDO stay high at all times, no sign of life there. Both with the board connected or not. Do I conclude correct that this is indeed the cable that is not functioning? EDIT: I should also add, I tried connecting to the blaster with OpenOCD hoping the config file I made guessing from the information out there is correct, this did not even recognize the interface. I did not play too long with this, this is even more black magic to me. I also installed the Quartus programmer on the Windows laptop with the default drivers that it comes with, I made Windows happy with the USB blaster device, but the programmer does not even see it / list it. All in all, seems like a lost case, I need to get a working cable.
  23. Again I didn’t ask for anything as keeps being said for some reason. I simply said that people shouldn’t be stating that buying a windows PC just to do this update is reasonable. I admit being “impolite,” but that’s the knee-jerk response every time someone new pops into one of these threads to ask if there’s going to be a way to update with the Mac and that’s delivered in a very rude manner that’s unwarranted so I picked a bun fight over it 🤷‍♂️
  24. Yes. There seems to be a template that helps to generate fake Lego box artworks, as I seen many various cool LEGO sets that don't exist.
  25. I was watching this. At one point the bidding reach almost 400,000,000 yen which is about 2 million USD. The auction was relisted by this morning at around 11 million yen. I do know of an interested individual in this but I don't know if he won it. Also, I'm surprised at the actual sold figure of 1.5 million. Also that the auction ended shortly. It should have anothfew days on it. Here's an image of the true auction (none of that 3rd party site crap) just before it first ended when the bids were going crazy.
  26. Just joinned AA. I bought a 2600+ from Amazon UK during one of their recent offers. I never had a 2600 but a friend had one. So, I don't have a stock of cartridges and I'm not that keen on getting old carts off ebay etc.. My nostalgia is for the iconic 2600 games / art from the late 70s very early 80s. So my wishlist: Multicart Asteroids, Space Rocks, perhaps Asteroids Deluxe. One cart but with original black label and 70s iconic Arari font. Same for Pacman but with Pacman 8K Perhaps Pacman 4K. Perhaps Ms.Pacman too. Space Invaders but mildly enhanced (different rows in different colors. Again original artwork black label. Classic font. The ET cartridge is so infamous, to have a tweaked version with the default game being the one that was actually playable. With instructions and quick getting started guide. That would be hard to resist. (Tbh: I'm not sure whether the people that say it's their fav game are serious or its an in joke). Galaga 7800 with Galaxians on a mc. Enhanced Defender 7800 so that the ship doesn't disapear But also standard versions of the black label XP games that were only released in the US. Thanks very much for your dedication to the 2600+.
  1. Load more activity