All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 🚨BREAKING🚨: For the first time ever, Olive Garden is doing an in-resturaunt promotion in partnership with an upcoming movie release! The first one in the restaurant's entire history is for the Garfield Movie, coming to theaters May 24th! https://m.olivegarden.com/specials/garfield-movie Oh'well, too bad there is no more Olive Garden in Canada, would have been a great way to celebrate my 1 year of freedom in Canada, as Gary is in fact is originally a short form of Garfield and my dad was named Garfield so he always loved the comic strip and I love pasta!
  3. I've never dealt with them personally, but I see 8bitclassics seems to sell the 850 modem cable. https://www.8bitclassics.com/product/atari-850-db-9m-to-modem-db-25m-cable-cx-87-compatible/
  4. Thanks I will send you a private message with my address and info tomorrow so we can figure out shipping costs and go from there.
  5. Thanks for the interest - and looking at the thread, it is a very long one by now... I'd be happy to deliver you a board, I should have a few immediately available and if not I can put together a couple over the weekend. The price is 50 EUR + shipping. Please note that all boards are hand assembled by me so should be treated as prototypes. Having said that, I take all boards I've sent through an extensive test list and my understanding is that they all have worked fine. You have probably seen the wiki at GitHub , it should give you a pretty good idea what to expect.
  6. Did you know? In DK Arcade 2600 RC1 (iesposta, 2019), you can choose to play as Pauline and rescue Mario! Screenshots Pauline, Action Hero! Added DK Arcade 2600 RC1 by @iesposta
  7. I wrote many times... You do things that I thought are impossible... People in 1979 would look at your images and be amazed! I don't know if designers of Atari 800/400 did expect that the hardware was capable of such wonders... LOL
  8. Today
  9. Oh, being away did not let me check this, so I missed a chance to test it😞 Got around 300 carts😉
  10. Yes that another option. The made a universal retro PSU as external brick which is the same for various older home computers and just supply a different connection cable from it to the computer. For this one you rewire the transformer plug to go directly to 4 pin molex inside your ti99 and remove the old power supply totally. If you want to keep your ti99 power switch and led you have to figure out your own solution for that part. Finally, once your ti99 is modified internally you got to be careful to not plug in an original ti transformer again or it will damage your console.
  11. Total bargain! Over here in the UK you'll pay £250-£320 ($300ish to $400ish) alone for just the 800, (ebay), on average! I'd definitely treat the 800 to an Incognito upgrade.😊
  12. In 1988 when DNA technology was in its infancy, eastern European scientists inserted a human brain into a rainbow trout for the creation of the world's first thinking fish. Naturally they named it But soon the scientists realized that the fish had no way of communicating with them and its nose was too wide for keyboard use. So they abandoned the project and had a nice buffet instead.
  13. @nanochess I would like to donate to the prize fund ($50) to double the amount they get if that works? If so just let me know where to send the funds. I am really enjoying all of these games. 😊
  14. TI-99/4A RetroPower PSU from Poland https://www.ebay.com/itm/125665389949
  15. Kaboom (1 B/B): 8,078 Bumper Bash (1 A/A): 42,490
  16. I came across this project today that looks like something a lot of retro computing people can use: https://github.com/rasteri/HIDman It's a converter to use USB keyboards and mice to connect to systems with PS/2 ports. It's currently under development, but the author says it's quite functional. I also found this project doing similar using a Raspberry Pi Pico, but I think I'll try out HIDman. https://github.com/No0ne/ps2pico
  17. Additionally: A regular Lynx card checks the contents. And if it is not correct you cannot go past the title screen.
  18. The snes can do true 16bit 32khz audio at 128kbps as blargg has shown with his snes sound demo a long time ago by using a clever technic by disabling echo writes and avoiding adpcm, but sadly that will eat up all the ram and all the processing power of the snes to do something else, but it goes to show that the snes audio chio is more capable then we always trought to be (untill early 2001 i always trought that the snes had all sound effects builtin and that game developers couldn’t create their own sound effects), but if we want to have good audio quality while running game code, we should instead use that 64KB audio ram as a ram buffer to swap BRR/adpcm samples in & out whether for sytheses music or streamed music, so instead of cramming all BRR samples inside that 64KB space by cutting and stretching it etc,,, we should kept each BRR sample at it’s full length to maintain it’s natural sound as much as possible to avoid the need for stretching it wich results in dry audio (unless the snes would,ve contained a high quality audio stretching feature wich sadly it doesn’t have) for instance and i really HATE to say it but as much as i do love the music in supermario allstars, i don’t like those stretched instruments and sounds effects of it as they do just sound soo dry wich is extra compounded in those underground levels to fake echo sound (i do like that echo sound in supermarioworld much much better) heck even those supermario advance games with it’s less interesting instruments,annoying voices but still good sound effects are of better quality despite the average GBA’s infirior soundchip, so with that said if we could replaace those sounds in supermario allstars with restored samples of it by using the sound swapping method, then we can have better sound quality with no ugly reverb shrill/dry effect in it, and all without the need for the mus1 chip either, why am i against the msu1 chip? Because the snes soundchip needs to be more acknowledge to be very capable, just screw that cheating msu1 chip. by the way, we migh could use a few soundchannels of the snes to play sythesed music while 2 other soundchannels might be usable to stream samples to futher eliminate the need for a sound expansion chip and to maintain those supported homebrew games who makes use of it just be fully compatible with most snes flash cards out there so who ever knows😁
  19. I've enabled exFAT formatted drives in this version of the firmware (you can still use FAT32 too). This allows larger drives to be plugged in, but use a powered USB hub if/when appropriate! PPEB2.zip
  20. I have disassembled most of XB3 3.0 so far both ROM and GROMs
  1. Load more activity