All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Did you try the last firmware i published on github? i attach it here for an easy test. The cartridge is borne for Pal Inty, but i tested it also on SVA and Inty II with no issue (well, the disc is super glitchy but it was designed that's way IMHO ) PiRTO1.1.ino.uf2
  3. Apparently it was part of a multi-game round in September 2011, so by all means it could be subject for a new poll.
  4. By the way, @nanochess, I was watching a video about "The Art Of Code" and your nanochess program is mentioned as an example of a brief and compact piece of code that actually plays chess. You are mentioned at 27:00 minutes. 👍🏻
  5. The 2600 High Score Club recently played Turmoil, which is an excellent game on the 2600, and that got me wondering if it was ever made for the 8-bits. And so I looked it up on Atarimania and sure enough, it was. Has anyone played it the 8-bit version? Is it good? And if so, can we maybe have that one in a future poll?
  6. Played a short time on my PAL 1088xel, u1mb, vbxe, ossc to lcd tv. Version 1.08 seemed to work and play fine. 1.07 crashed at game play every time. No monitor rolling going on.
  7. I have an OG CIB too, but would really like the new edition manual for the new edition.
  8. I just said it was SIMILAR! I didn't say it was the SAME game! Geeshh!
  9. Here's a pc version of the game. Works with Windows 7, haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet! Star Wars.zip
  10. I bought a classic CIB Berzerk off fleabay, that got me a collectable and a manual. I do like your prints though @MrChickenz 👌🏻
  11. Here's my take, and I welcome others with their options to comment as well. It is true it is documented in the Myarc HFDC manual, and I was not aware the HRD had the potential. It also was not a TI specification. I did know the HRD one could page things in on the 4A and directly copy from HRD memory to CPU, but did not know the DSR for the 4A support had that capability until @Gary from OPA mentioned it. Anyone using the direct to CPU capability with the HFDC, HRD, and/or if you choose to support with the TIPI would be writing very specific software for a very specific need or application. And those individuals writing such software would be responsible for testing the installed hardware for the capability and respond accordingly. Testing the version byte at >4001 would be all that is necessary to determine if they had an upgraded TIPI eprom. In the case of the Geneve, the advantage is one could have a Geneve and boot from the TIPI faster. The savings in time due to increased speed would be the time to copy 136K from VDP to CPU. After MDOS is booted, the Geneve already supports reading from TIPI to CPU and/or VDP in MDOS mode. Presently in GPL mode on the Geneve, everything is straight to VDP unless in ROMPAGE modeand the eprom were updated. So my thoughts, if you choose to accept the mission <grin>, is go "simple". Looking through the TIPI eprom code, if I am not mistaken, there would just need to be a test for the MSB of the unit number and use the send/receive CPU message calls instead of the VDP message calls. I haven't dug that deep into the source yet, but that was my initial thought. My first thoughts were to run it by you to get your feedback and/or support, etc. I don't know about the innerworkings of ForceCommand to know any coding/support would need to be dependent upon ForceCommand, or if it would need to be programmer and application specific to use the capability. Beery
  12. Very cool! Itching to try it ... but guests in town, now the Miami F1 GP ... diving tomorrow, so it's looking like Tuesday before I can update and get to work.
  13. We always love to have you. Sorry you had to go to France. 🤣
  14. Help ….I bought a cartridge from 5-11 and I’m having issues. Pirto looks like it wants to play but is all garbled and disc on remote is super glitchy. Sometimes the game loads others it’s just hangs, then you turn machine on and sometimes that game will work. I reworked cfg files to right size reloaded cart with the aotta firmware new and old with same results. Maybe this cartridge only works on inty ll ? Any help would be helpful..btw I tried on intel 2609 and sears super video no go my lto flash does work flawlessly on both systems, please any help would be awesome thank you.. IMG_2249.mov
  15. I must have missed that. A fellow AA member did compile a PDF and book version of the 7800 manuals. I have a bound copy and can attest to its quality.
  16. That was an older version of ChapGPT, so I doubt it remembered. Even Meta.ai, which confidently told me it would remember, didn't. We might still be a ways off training these things persistently.
  17. Yeah those cards looked great! Wasn’t someone talking about making a series of collections of 2600 manuals in a limited-run book format? Is that serious? Imagine how amazing that would be 😁
  18. THIS. (Unless you save the entire 24k, which is wasteful.) Likewise if you want to make a cartridge. Loading the vector manually is a better plan for the long term than using AORG to do it. Likewise for any other data outside of your program space. I wanted to mention, too, though this is probably obvious, the Classic99 "refusing" message is a Classic99 enhancement. The real hardware doesn't check if your vector makes sense and will blindly execute it, likely causing a crash if it's incorrect.
  19. That one also has different aspects with higher levels. On the lowest level you don’t need the bridge. I think they’re both rightfully placed in the top-tier of 2600 first party titles.
  20. Hi, I made a PDF of this post, I will be adding the AGSP Game Manager to it too so its all in one PDF file and going to make space on my one drive for Atari Gamestation Pro so all files are in one place so you be able add files as well if you what too, to do with AGSP. Atari_Gamestation_Pro_Custom_Firmware_v1.3.0c.pdf
  21. I have Stella, Altirra and A7800 emulators loaded. Also have a couple of adpators from 2600-daptor, 5200-daptor which allow me to use original controllers. I like that you can easily switch to PC Mode.
  22. Ah. Well, if the displayed data is sufficient, you can use the new copy command. For all of memory, that's much more appropriate to an external tool. Under Linux "hd" (hexdump) is standard, there are probably Windows ports as well.
  1. Load more activity