All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Real life Duke Nukem villain LD9BCDXVhUWiBvJD.mp4
  3. I went to Tokyo over the weekend and raided a couple of Book-Offs near the Shinjuku area. I saw a lot of awesome stuff and a lot more that I contemplated on grabbing but a couple of places were charging pretty stupid prices so I passed on a ton of cool games. This ended up being around $120’s worth of stuff. Oh, and I went to Fuji Speedway to watch a Super GT race. My inner Gran Turismo nerd was rightfully and tremendously excited.
  4. I took a closer look into it, actually it seems like I could make things even simpler by just sticking a big flash chip on the board. Prodos maxes out at a 16mb partition size, so just getting a 16 or 32 mb nor flash chip and writing up a little prodos driver would give you 1 very high speed device which could be paired with whatever secondary storage of your choice. Theoretically it should just be a matter of finding space on the board and writing that driver, then you'd have a storage device that operates at about 114% the theoretical max speed of a dma device (at least for reads) while only adding about $10 onto the end price tag. That's probably the approach I'll look into for the next version. It's a little ironic, I converted the whole accelerator to 3.3 volts to switch to use much more reasonably priced ram (hence the 8mhz cpu speed) but it did also curb-cut adding a good storage solution. Of course, I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse though
  5. rbairos

Movie Cart

No need thank you. Happy to have gotten some out already. Just planning on how to make things more sustainable moving forward.
  6. Thanks for your help! I am using XB 2.4 running off a Final Grom cart. You think it's a problem with XB or the Legends program itself? Any other information I can provide? Any recommendations?
  7. Atari 2600 Kaboom 45 for HSC. Atarian7 wrapped this up already with a week left with a monster score. So far a very distant second place for me. Congrats on that score Atarian7. Solar Fox 77 mins
  8. Yep. Got one also for a game I bought 11 years ago (In a lot of several but it only askd for one lol). I went from elation to disappointment in a heartbeat, I initially though my store order was finally on the way. Then I realized (or thought) it was spam or an error. 😟
  9. I've made a 3rd revision of my Sophia 2 HDMI PCB and I think it is good enough to share now. You can find the KiCad project at Github: https://github.com/aeberbach/Sophia2-HDMI You can find the HDMI version (with the other two versions) of the Atari 800 side plate on Printables: https://www.printables.com/model/787308-atari-800-side-io-plate I hope someone finds this useful 😁
  10. Hi everyone, so some of you know I have my 2600 MCP that's available now, but I'm learning of variations of the original that I never owned or have come across. Does anyone here happen to own one of these? I just want to test to see if it fits right. I had good luck with the first version with the light sixer, vader, and 7800.. but then I discovered the Coleco Gemini which totally didn't and I had to revise it accordingly. Thanks, Caleb
  11. Juno 1st (1 B/A): 151,500 Meooow! 2 (1 B/B): 10,940 Although had 3 weeks to play these I did not have enough time! Some improvements.
  12. man, all the odd ball things you've covered makes me think I should make a video on the Philips in2it, even if no one watches , I think a record of the existence of the odd thing wouldn't harm anyone
  13. Today
  14. Absolutely! I'm quite willing to ship to Europe if you can cover the cost And thank you, lots of work was done on it. Send me a DM so we can talk more
  15. Improvement on Juno First: 88500 Improvement on Doggone it! 25958 first score for Meooow 2: 6800
  16. I received my copy of this version and have to say it's a solid upgrade. Well done and highly recommended!!
  17. The format is easy to understand. For CVBasic it would be easy to generate a long list of SOUND statements with WAIT intermixed, but instead, I preferred to write a utility that creates files ready to play along the game, instead of stopping it. The format of this utility is: sfxconvert -h beep.sfx beep.bas sound_beep Where the first argument is -h if you want the core code for playing this sound (you only need to do sound_effect = 1: sound_state = 0) Then follows the source effect file, the target CVBasic file, and the label for the sound (you should have a different label for each sound in order to add it to the ON sound_effect GOSUB list created with the -h argument) sfxconvert.zip
  18. guppy

Movie Cart

It was cheap at $24.99 relative to any other homebrew cartridge I've bought in the past 5 years, and still less than pretty much anything else I've seen other than repro carts made in China. So no big deal. How do we pay you the additional $5?
  19. The RTO is a fantastic product for someone who wants to roll their own Intellivision flash cart. Anyone who sells one here or uses this forum to promote the sale of them on another site should do so only if they're fully confident it is functional and willing to back that up with comprehensive support and/or a full refund when something goes wrong. Even a person considering "buy at your own risk" before purchasing would still be justified in expecting a reasonable level of functionality in exchange for their hard earned cash. I got financially burned when I took that risk. I just hope nobody else does.
  20. P.S. Based on the document Installing and Using a Hard Disk with the ATR-8000 Hardware Installation, does anyone out there have the files HARDDISK.SYS and SET.BAS? Also there should be files with your initials and the .SET extension (e.g. PC2.SET). These files should be on the "boot disk you received with your Hard Disk Interface". I'll need these to achieve my goal. Thanks!
  21. yes, seems there is some confusing on which opcodes and level we talking about. I guess the manual doesn't mention both versions, depending on the level being used. i need to print it out, i hate reading pages of pdf on the monitor screen. So to be clear, low-level operations, disk read/write by sectors, etc. it is the most msbit >8x set. But for normal file operations, open/read/write/close files, it is the second msbit >4x set. ************************** * DSK./DSKx. ENTRY POINT * ************************** DSTRT0 BL @WNUMB INIT THE DRIVE BL @PADLP Pad the name, and write it! CLR R1 Make sure below calcs work! MOVB @PAB,R1 Get the DSR OPCODE CLR @VDPCPU Assume VDP transfers COC @ST1,R1 Check if second MSBit SET JNE DSTRT1 Nope, so use VDP transfer mode SETO @VDPCPU Yep, so switch to CPU transfers SZCB @ST1,R1 Clear the flag from the OPCODE DSTRT1 SRL R1,7 Make it a word and * 2 CI R1,>C*2 If OPCODE higher than >C JGT NOTFND Then switch to the next card! MOV @OCODE(R1),R11 Else get address of OPCODE program RT EXECUTE THE OPCODE
  22. Big news! I finally was able to devote some time to this Mini ATR-8000 project and I am seeing signs of life. After finding/fixing a couple of mistakes I made on the PCB, I am now able to communicate with the Mini ATR-8000. I intentionally left off the parts for the WD179X until I was able to get to this point. So, this means clocks are working, dynamic RAM is working, CTC is working, and Z80 is working. Thanks to warerat I am also able to compile the assembler code for the ATR-8000 ROM at U17. That means I could replace the M command with the D command and see what is does differently. Next I have to finish my 82S123 programmer. For the programmer I have the PCBs and I have some working code (PIC18 driving chips that operate MOSFETs that will hopefully properly program the chips). I also have quite a few AM27S19 ICs (an equivalent) that I can use to test the programmer. After that I can finish populating the ICs for the FDC and start testing disk drive functionality. I haven't connected it to an Atari yet, but there should be no issues with that. As I mentioned before, my goal is to get the SASI hard drive working on this thing. _The Doctor_ has some real world experience with this setup and user cwilbar has mentioned access to a Z-tec 1000 so I would like to pursue the path of getting a hard disk working. I have been building SD based SCSI drives recently and I have a lot of SCSI gear (bins full of 5.25" drives, ACB-4000A's, JVC 3.5 inch drives with SCSI controllers, Macs with SCSI drives, cables, terminators, etc., etc. - I've collected WAY too much of this stuff over the years). So, stay tuned to the hopefully swift progress. Back to work....
  1. Load more activity