All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here's a tip for dealing with those cheap power supplies: Don't. The JagCD is already unreliable and rare enough as it is. Powering it from a source that likely has massive amount of electrical noise and voltage overshoots is only going to make things worse, and could even break it. Also, most of those cheap power supplies are made with little or no care towards safety. And getting an electrical shock while playing Highlander would be a really terrible way to die. Don't try to "fix" it. It's junk, and it belongs in the bin.
  3. Hi @Artoj sorry for the long silence. I have been very busy at work - and then I've also played around with some electronics music hardware. I was actually reading my post above and that was a pretty good refresher for me as well. I hope I find the time and energy to work on the StrangeCart and my other TI related projects soon. Of course finding time is also partially a matter of priorities like one would guess. I have a pretty basic 3D printer which I've had for at least five years, but I only recently started to spend a bit of time learning FreeCAD and thanks to that I have rediscovered my 3D printer and been using it to make some fairly simple designs. The primary use case for me has been to design "base boards" for some simple electronics projects, i.e. slabs of plastic with mounting to screw in some boards. This has been a pretty interesting journey so far, I have been able to put into good use some of my microcontroller and peripheral boards to build more "complete" systems from those. I'll post a picture when I get home. It's such a basic use of the 3D printer, but extremely useful for me, turning a mess of loose boards and wires into a more rugged and organised mess of boards and wires
  4. Looks like you figured it out already, but for what it's worth, there are a couple of places where ram may be available in a compiled program: VDP ram starting at around v0A00 and up should be safe. You'd use PEEKV and POKEV to access this Even better would be using CPU ram starting at >A000 and going up to >F000 or higher. So that's over 20K available, and probably more like 22K or more. To compile you'd choose the option to put runtime in low memory. Then only the compiled part of the program would be in high memory. With the compiled program in the XB loader you can type SIZE and find out how many bytes are available, although I think XB starts at >A040. N.B. This assumes no string variables.
  5. It's things like this I don't have a very good explanation for! Battlemorph seems to hang as it misses an interrupt saying data is ready for it. The very slight difference in timing between file location on the memory card is the only thing I can think somehow helps it work. Seriously frustrating.
  6. Just to add that the liquid damage looks similar to cola which might explain the discolouration of the capacitors, and it seems to extend downwards towards the other capacitor bank which are also discoloured. It could just be they need cleaning with IPA and they are all fine though. The rear of the board does not indicate any modifications since manufacture so the DRAM is factory fitted from what was to hand! There is a small sign of the liquid reaching the rear of the board near J6 but nothing seems to be damaged there. I finally found C42 next to GTIA and it looks okay to me except for being physically larger than similar 100nF de-coupling capacitors. I also see some scratches on GTIA, the deepest being near pin 40, probably from removal in order to clean the contacts?
  7. SpiceWare

PAL60 ROMS

2K and 4K games can be converted to a WAV file which allows them to be loaded into a Supercharger. However, since they weren't written for a Supercharger many of them will access the Supercharger's hotspot addresses, such as 0x1FF8 for bankswitching, which can crash the game by changing the configuration of Supercharger memory the Atari sees. Many games have been hacked to not access the hotspots, allowing them to be played on a Supercharger. Not familiar with Gas Hog, though I do see that Stella detects a VSYNC issue for it, which can cause problems on some TVs, and the scanline count alternates between 261 and 262.
  8. Everything about that looks like a combination GTA and OutRun. Man that looks amazing. I will find a way to play this too. @shane857 How about this one? It's showing 79.99 USD with 20 USD Shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/355336933563?itmmeta=01HXCCW5ZEXH01K2KWBTTEBJT9&hash=item52bbbb50bb:g:wR8AAOSwUshjoF1M&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4LPqQWTfOUD0c2bWgJWrcGrz%2B7%2Frw0AiarIq7I4xh4%2BDecmQimDvLCP5%2FV000z2F54pSNq44nbVNEocaxxzy%2BtKiQ0wy9474w8DRx3OkZV3ormlqxCjwtWmP%2Bj%2BvWS%2Fo5BgrnMcCq3G0mvy8iv%2BwUHxhSXQz5pbSDq%2FhTBPLquvI6vTRRcXUvhrP0j4DpDdKAhcHsEaJX8pCnJz%2FYm%2BaaCl5tO0lRGxpTG4rCssJtkQoCyl5Y58gQJgVxoQSjlwdPAqVh8o%2FwMJtSDfQl%2F0PYUkpILC3iUQOIz3ed7014XzN|tkp%3ABk9SR-7f8IzrYw This one is in Spain at 75 EUR: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295909319582?itmmeta=01HXCD6GWEW0TPM1TT386EQ6HN&hash=item44e591e39e:g:4FsAAOSwgFNjqe1G&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwDls%2FdJK8o%2Fo3Xc4D%2BUAGMWgTj%2FKsTx%2F2sRFeyWKWSUkMpIPgYaO6Jj7%2Fu%2BRN%2BrEeJQpGrSmlaFtz7lx3CJyUI6lmY0QE66f108yhgZgBMo8ZcciPUj0pd6Z5ntcvyp1jhZYABv94wv5o9GAVpGXX8df%2BuSWSFCZOuicKRdeK%2F5H9WQq62MmY30RkqdhCA5EEina2f%2FLf2SQ8Xqaf30uJZRhza0yQXAn2KHr%2FFirO52j8PSAzx%2BwFGypZ1JtyqUC9g%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6SOmo3rYw
  9. Good news. One for me, the yellow dude, please.
  10. The sprite bitmap definitions are contained in a 2K block in the VRAM. For CVBasic this is set up to VRAM addresses $3800-$3fff. The VDP allows a seldom used 8x8 pixels sprite mode, so by default, CVBasic starts with 16x16 pixels sprite mode. Each 16x16 sprite uses the space of four 8x8 sprites. When defining sprites the first argument of DEFINE SPRITE is a sprite number 0-63, and CVBasic internally maps this to the VRAM where each 16x16 sprite uses 32 bytes of VRAM, for a total of 64 different sprite bitmaps. However, the SPRITE statement data is written directly to the VDP, and the argument to select the sprite bitmap should be multiplied by 4 to account for the fact that each 16x16 sprites uses the space of four 8x8 sprites.
  11. And, it is the most feature rich cart to date. Nothing in my opinion comes close to it and its features.
  12. Kaboom! 1475 Bumper Bash 124345 - realy had a run!
  13. The Ultimate II+ L is the latest model and Gideon has been consistently in stock up until maybe last week: https://ultimate64.com/ More coming in a few weeks. This is the latest and greatest version. (UII+L)
  14. You cannot use exactly that syntax, but you can use a separate subroutine. ' ' Example of fixed pseudo-random number generator ' ' by Oscar Toledo G. ' https://nanochess.org/ ' ' Creation date: May/08/2024. ' #seed = 1654 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76,#seed % 999 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76+32, #seed % 999 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76+64, #seed % 999 #seed = 4565 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76+128,#seed % 999 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76+160,#seed % 999 GOSUB get_random PRINT AT 76+192,#seed % 999 WHILE 1: WEND get_random: PROCEDURE #seed = #seed * 3141 + 2923 END
  15. I only once dialed into a BBS that used TE2's graphics ability--a few "CALL CHAR" patterns. Borrowing a copy of the programmer's guide convinced me it was too complicated. And we never used TE2 for dialup anyway. Instead, I went for ASCII terminal effects, like using backspaces to get a spinning cursor. My software, TI-NET BBS interpreted ^ in the STRINGOUT function, so you could embed code control chars in strings: -^H/^H!^H\^H (repeat for spinning cursor) My 15-year old self wasn't aware that ^[ could make the ESC code, 27, so I limited ^ to just A-Z. ONLY NOW, I had an idea that could have made TE2 graphics so much easier back in the day: The Extended BASIC to TE2 compiler! So this hypothetical compiler would have you save your XB program in MERGE format*. It would find any CALLs that TE2 could support, then translate those to the right codes. Output to a text file for your BBS to read. Skip any other BASIC statements. You might have one big sequence, or subroutines to call by line number. For ease of use, the output could have the original BASIC line numbers. Then the BBS or whatever could refer to the file by BASIC line number. Improving on that idea: it would be optimal to require line numbers 1,2,3 to be the entry points. Easiest for a BBS to fetch one line from a RELATIVE file. TINET referred to file-based strings by number--the MESSAGES file was a DF80 file read in at startup. It might have about 70 common strings (prompts, menus, etc) which were sent by CALL M(number). Something like that. I'm not suggesting it ought to tackle more than CALL CHAR, CALL COLOR, CALL HCHAR, PRINT, maybe CALL SOUND. But perhaps it could follow GOSUB and RETURN to compile subroutines. Probably into one big final string. Or, follow a convention that lines 100-199 were String 1, 200-299 were another. They could share GOSUBs from lines 1-99 or 1000+. OK enough imagining for now. Extra challenge: Write a new terminal emulator to emulate Terminal Emulator 2. * We knew about the XB MERGE format from the manual. If the XB manual was too confusing, there was a good 99er article about it. Still hard though.
  16. I DID! For a spilt second I thought…. Nah I’m ripping this right off! Hee hee! It’s a really cool game too! They were meant to be played right?
  17. The Beamriders score a run in the 6th inning today and shoot down the Armada 1-0. Their third win in a row, Armada's third loss in a row.
  18. Wonders what if any people are still experimenting with this. Anyone using the ROMs instead of the .xex?
  19. The ST Link, ICD The Link, tested with Sysquest 144 and Working $75 Shipped Flat Rate Priority Mail.
  20. kaboom - 1969 (improved score): finding that I am much better at bumper bash, which allows me to harness the skill of awaiting an occasional burst of dumb luck!
  21. No luck, unfortunately. I requested a replacement Atarivox and Albert is helping me out with that. Hopefully the replacement will sort it out. I’ll update when I’ve tried it out.
  22. No, that is a design feature of the Intellivison 2 - it was designed to block third-party carts, so that's why it is not working. Then the third-party people simply bypassed it and released carts that do work on Inty2 units.
  23. They won it the last time I actually watched a hockey game. Sounds about right 😁
  24. Today
  25. Battlemorph stopped working for me after upgrading to the latest FW. I tried launching it 7 times - no luck. I erased the file from my card and copied it back over from my hard drive. It works like a charm now.
  1. Load more activity