All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Count me in, I have almost 400 carts. Thank you
  3. Hi, I would like to inform you that VRHI was pretty finished and ready to use. At this moment can read/write MaxFlash compatible cartridges e.g. (GalCART, JCART, DCART) but other which can be writable directly from Atari will be added to the list. The goal is to have The Cart! on the list 🙂 I made a short movie about VRHI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y30KcJ_vIys Many thanks to Mono - which wrote very fast software and excellent firmware! Best Regards, pancio
  4. We've been working on an update of the cart socket. Its a bespoke, newly-tooled socket with pin design same as the original 2600 / 7800 machines. The thinking is that the new socket will in future manufacture runs replace the off the shelf edge connector currently use in the 2600+ I have 5 spare PCBs and if anyone has a lot of carts and would like one to test out, it would be great to receive feedback on its performance. Thanks
  5. Strike Zone Bowling Strike Zone Bowling Controls.pdf StrikeZoneBETA2_NTSC.bin
  6. Probably easiest to: i) Find the svn revision that was original ported (starting by date of the original port) ii) Find the diff applied to port it to mister. iii) Take HEAD of http://www.64kib.com/atarixlfpga_svn/branches/trunkv37/atari_800xl/ from svn (trunk is a bit ahead of the eclaireXL releases at the moment) iv) Apply the mister port diff. Though honestly I'm surprised I changed that much. I should probably try to build the MiSTer core at some point...
  7. Perfect, that SFC file is raw and can be burned to a single 27C040, this seems like a very handy project. Thanks again.
  8. For our pal @NeonPeon You gave me a great idea for Garfield this week.  . :D

Garfield Comic Strip for February 04, 1985

9. I have a few samples of the new lines to giveaway. 3 x Gamepads 2 x Paddle Packs 2 x Joysticks Food Fight Fatal Run Same as the Christmas giveaway - to win one just post in the thread what 2600 or 7800 game you'd like to see Atari release - re-issue of an old game, port from a different system, perhaps a newly developed game? I'll pick the winners on May 31st, good luck!
  10. Looking for some advice. I read that the keyboard mechanisms for an Atari ST keyboard are the "Black Cherry" keys. I was looking through AliExpress and there are lots of different types: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005271176212.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.25.27f24fc2h3eXng&algo_pvid=877ecfe4-9b3f-44b1-92ec-ca4c23e886d1&algo_exp_id=877ecfe4-9b3f-44b1-92ec-ca4c23e886d1-12&pdp_npi=4%40dis!AUD!66.67!50.67!!!43.51!33.07!%402103248517150731109745296e3fa3!12000037302077121!sea!AU!142254603!&curPageLogUid=s6Ontr1C1IgF&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch|query_from%3A Are these 1-for-1 replacements?
  11. ⌨️ 0001 DEF ADVANC 0002 ADVANC AI R0,-1 PROGRAMMER RECEIVES ONE DEMERIT 0003 REWARD JNQE OUT 0004 IMPROV BL @ADVANC 0005 END 🚮
  12. I am very happy with my collection. Spain has never been a market where it is easy to get Atari Lynx games or hardware, I know that in other countries like the United States it has been easier to get certain Lynx items ... so I think my collection is very worthy but I enjoy seeing the collections of other Lynx fans. Then there is the problem of customs, if shipping and customs fees were not so expensive, I would order more games from sites like Songbird.
  13. If I may, I'd like to submit a list of suggestions for new features to consider for a future release: [1] Rewind Altirra already offers ‘Saved states’, but I'm thinking of a feature like the one in ‘The400’, which lets you easily go back 30 seconds. It's obviously really interesting in games, when you do something stupid. For it to be convenient to use, you'd need a combination of keys to quickly go back in time. Not necessarily any time between now and 30 seconds back. Maybe just 15s and another 15s (i.e. 30s) back? [2] Colour plot This suggestion serves no practical purpose, but it's just to make the emulation as comprehensive as possible. All Atari machines have an easily (*) accessible ‘colour plot’ which allows you to finely adjust the colour of the output video display. Naturally, it is set correctly at the factory. In BASIC, for example, the screen background is blue (NTSC) or blue-green (PAL/SECAM). If the colour plot is completely off, the colour may be significantly different. In the Altirra UI, this could be a slider, for example, with a ‘reset to factory setting’ button. (*) There are a few exceptions. On the Atari 400, it's at the back of the computer, well hidden in the ventilation grille. On the Atari 800, it's behind the RAM cartridge compartment (you have to get access to the rear of this compartment). On the XEgs, it's on the motherboard PCB (you have to open the console). [3] CRT Afterglow emulation When using a monochrome mode in particular, to make the experience as close as possible to what you could do with a CRT screen back in the day, I think it would be interesting to be able to artificially add an afterglow. I don't even know if this effect can be implemented easily or not. I think it's harder to implement than just ‘overlay the last 20 generated images...’. The idea would be to have a radio button to adjust the intensity of this afterglow effect from 0 (off) to 5 or something like that. [4] Mechanical sounds I know I've already mentioned this suggestion in a previous discussion. The idea would be to add, in addition to the usual sounds generated by the system, to add to Altirra sounds that are simply produced by the user interacting with the real hardware: the sound of a key being pressed on the computer or cassette player, the sound of the door/lid/latch of a floppy disk drive being closed, the sound of a dot matrix printer printing or feeding paper... Naturally, I'm available to record samples. [5] Additional character sets This is one of the interesting features of Atari computers, among many others: the possibility for the user to add one or more additional character sets, in addition to the one supplied with the standard OS. The idea would be to propose in Altirra to replace the standard character set (‘domestic’) by a character set supplied in a separate file. This would make it possible, without any programming of any kind, to use, in BASIC and DOS for example, a character set other than the one usually supplied with the machine. Since many 8-bit computers of the time also used an 8x8 pixel character set, it would be fun to be able to use them on an Atari. [6] How can we help? Thank you for reminding all of us, on a regular basis, of what we can do in practice to help. With my suggestions above, I can provide sound files, character set files, etc, etc. All you have to do is ask. Everyone reading these posts about Altirra is certainly happy to use it - if not, develop your own emulator. A "Thank you" message is the absolute minimum, but we, grateful users of Altirra, can certainly do more.
  14. ahah yes of course, but still Rygar has been holding the title of "biggest Lynx collector of the universe" for the past 15 years so interesting to see another huge collection
  15. Yeah, I thought something was fishy. Oh well, guess I'll be going back to the drawing board on this. D'oh!
  16. Try 240p test suite. There is a controller test function in the Genesis/MD version, so I imagine there is one for this thing as well. https://github.com/ArtemioUrbina/240pTestSuite
  17. A lot of idiots believe the Steam Deck is Windows.
  18. Today
  19. Like the title says, prefer a raw binary that I can burn to EPROM(s), my old original SNES proto board can only handle 2MB. Cheers, -R
  20. We are not competitors, we are Atari Lynx's lovers!!!! 😄
  21. @rygar I think you have a serious competitor here, at least in term of games
  22. Hi guys, Back with NeoGeoNow with more on Fatal Fury City Of The Wolves. Anthony..
  23. Yeah Dopy, JapanGamesOnline @japangameonline really helps the community a lot. If you're looking for something, feel free to contact him on AtariAge as well. He knows me and if you like, mention Anthony or Charlie Cat sent you. He'll provide you a discount as well Here's the link to his profile. https://forums.atariage.com/profile/80506-japangameonline/ Anthony..
  24. Coming back to this, waiting for the PCBs to arrive (it seems the PokeyMax 4 one will not come in time to assemble it next weekend :/) and now having a working Quartus installation I made sure I can compile the MiSTer core from sources (not fully done, the ARM C code is still the precompiled bin files and it might be I need older Quartus recommended by the MiSTer community) for any future experimentation. However, I also looked at diff of the basic VHDL files for Atari chips in the MiSTer core and yours that you made available and the changes are far from trivial. Trying to sync this by hand knowing little about FPGA practicalities is most probably not going to work for me. So now I wonder how to approach this practically, it's such a waste that the MiSTer core is lagging behind and still having so many bugs... Perhaps a new fork altogether, I don't know...
  25. Oh wow! Money well spent Shane. Last Resort is one of the best shooters for the Neo-Geo. Glad you have it in your already awesome collection bro. I think I'll play mine later on today now. Anthony..
  1. Load more activity