All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The original 1967 vinyl release of The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band came with a single sheet of paper cutouts, which included the following items: An illustrated picture of the fictional Sgt. Pepper A pair of sergeant stripes, to wear on each sleeve A fake moustache, so you can look like Sgt. Pepper Two badges - one with a picture of Sgt. Pepper, the other with the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band logo. A picture of the four Beatles decked out in their Sgt. Pepper's band uniforms. Of course, none of this has anything to do with Atari videogames. I just wanted to put it out there. And yes, I've got the complete set. -Ben
  3. Somebody say bowling? And Lock'n'Chase was a 1981 arcade game in its own right, but yes still basically a Pac-Man/maze game clone. I enjoy it from time to time.
  4. IIRC we used to call this game No Bump 'n' Jump bc of the bonus for not hitting any cars. But if I also recall correctly, that method is pretty frustrating (and I have more fun smashing cars). So here's my one and done last minute score. Sorry 😕 Definitely Bumpin' 'n' Jumpin' - 13,556
  5. Kaboom 1B - 6,922 Bumper Bash 1AA - 1st ball only - 545,625 (not sure that there is any effect from diff switch position in this game)
  6. I wasn't able to open the file myself, but this thread purportedly links to an ASM file.
  7. It's obvious that you put alot of effort into this game and it shows with how equally impressive and ambitious it is! Is it common for games to start with the reset instead of the joystick button? I had to refer back to your post and then back into the guts of stella to find the key combo for that as it was basically just a title screen until then. Admittedly, that isn't an issue for those playing on physical hardware but I was curious as to the reasoning for the choice. Honestly, I only played a little bit as I found the interface at first play confusing and had to constantly switch back to your post to understand basic things. For example, I also don't know if the flash means I hit or missed the monster as there isn't any onscreen indicator other than the flash when playing. I fully admit that this might just be me but I had a similar issue with the equally ambitious Grizzards rpg. Regardless, congrats on the completion of such an impressive genre port to the hardware!
  8. Welcome to the tenth round of the 18th 5200 HSC season. Donkey Kong won the poll by two votes. Use the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records. The high score was set by Cafeman with 95,200 points. Beat that if you can for a bonus point. The ROM can be found here: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/229105-5200-hsc-season-7-round-14-donkey-kong/?do=findComment&comment=3060207 Round ends Sunday, April 28th, 2024 @11pm EST Standings:
  9. Final standings: UnRedeemed - 1,673 +11 RB5200 - 799 +10 mikey50 - 406 +9 Congratulations to UnRedeemed on the win. Wow, not much love for Super Breakout this time around. Hope y’all like Donkey Kong better… it’s coming up next.
  10. This has been nagging at the back of my mind since I made the original post ... I casually delved into the code for both Atari800MacX and Altirra, with a view to porting one of them to iOS/iPad OS before getting distracted. From that, it is superficially apparent to me that a) it would take me MUCH less time to port Atari800MacX to iOS/iPad OS than it would Altirra (makes sense, as Altirra is a Windows application), and b) it'd be an easier (or more reliable) job with a bit more 8-bit hardware currency under my belt (it's been 40+ years since I wrote real, significant, code on/for Atari 8-bit machines). Then I stopped to think about what I would want from an Atari 8-bit emulator on either my phone or tablet ... Without a proper controller, I'm not going to play Atari 8-bit joystick or paddle games on them. I've never gotten on with on-screen/tilt controls for classic games. And that means a less-than-ideal mobile experience (I have a small Bluetooth game controller, but I'd probably just take my Switch, or one of my various open retro-platform/Analog Pocket units along before I carried that). But what I would love to be able to do is be able to use my iPad to CODE for the Atari 8-bit platforms while I am traveling (I do a LOT of that). This ideally really crystallized with the announcement of the new M4-based iPad Pros (my M2 Pro version is ridiculously powerful as it is ... and I code on it a lot when I am traveling light though doing so in a meaningful way mostly requires things like GitHub CodeSpaces and repl.it) - my plan is as follows: First, I'm going to do an 8-bit Atari "port" or, more properly, a "reinterpretation" of "The Oregon Trail". That'll get me back up to speed with the nuances of Atari programming and hardware behavior (see my DevLog, on my Atari Age blog if you're interested). THEN, if no one else has done a solid port of Atari800MacX (or Altirra, but that seems less likely - even if it might be better from a development perspective), I'll start work on a combined "emulator port" and a development environment for the iPad.
  11. I missed it again, but I will continue to join the wait list. One day I will hopefully get one.
  12. What he said, but you know, you could supply a picture of what you have (preferably inside and out) and maybe it would give some idea.
  13. Yes, that is correct, but as a whole, most software will run on the 800.
  14. The clone is 99% likely the problem, not you and not your board. Those special new boards if I remember have their own mapper scheme and setup, so perhaps, the crap clone is just too dense to read it right. Wait on the real hardware, then test.
  15. Edit: My computer said 10:59 when I hit submit! Hahaha. Anyway, I remember not knowing what the heck was going on when we last played this, but I seemed to be doing just fine this time. I was really digging it too, punching apes and poachers in the face. I'm sure a manual read would do me some good tho. Tarzan skill 2 - 44,750
  16. Took too long to play this week and am down to the wire! Here's my game in progress before the deadline... Tarzan - 30,000
  17. TrekMD

Movie Cart

Well, for $5, I can't say it is a bad deal. Thank you for the offer, though.
  18. @199211 Well...how complete is this copy? You're already good at $50, I said what I did about the price, the $150 point would be if the CIB is also complete + Captain Commando ad poster and in stunningly like new style shape, nitpick for the flaw level of nice. Game is worth like $10-15 Manual is another $10 Box add another $50 It's weird, but parted out it's worth less, so there's the convenience factor, but it's not largely so with patience $75+ for a complete copy is right, so you still beat the low average by 1/3. It's super hard, fair, but super hard, and aside from it visually lacking due to Micronics sucking wang who Capcom shopped it out to, it plays solidly and is true to the arcade. I speak this from memory of another era like circa 1990 when I could manhandle the arcade game and NES cart all the same.
  19. Hi guys does anyone know where the code of Pitfall 2 is, I have been looking for it but I have not found it
  20. How do you figure? An 800 without Incognito is limited to 48KB of standard RAM. That's going to leave a lot of 64KB software out -- not to mention 64KB+ software.
  21. Today
  22. A 3D printed case is nice, but don't you think and old Pac-Man, Combat, or E.T. cart would be a good donor instead of spending extra money? If you need a donor I would be happy to supply you with one as I have many.
  1. Load more activity