All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh fine ... but that pen is super duper!!!! 😭
  3. Thanks, Ray! As for bass backing, give this a try. (It was a lot easier to add a bass line than it was writing a melody, that's for sure.) whackem_game.rom
  4. Sounds like a lot of talk that has nothing to do with showing us the overlays. 😞
  5. Here's a game I've been working on for a while -- finally done! It's an oldschool-style RPG similar to games like Wizardry. Goblin Sword An evil goblin sorcerer has chased the goblins out of their caves, and summoned all manner of monsters to protect the vast goblin wealth. You, the hero of the goblins, must enter the caves, and put an end to the sorcerer and his countless minions. Hit reset to exit the title screen, then you'll be taken to character creation. hit the button for each stat to generate a number. The stats are strength, dexterity, and aura. Strength helps you do damage and block attacks. Dexterity helps you hit, avoid being hit, and dodge traps. Aura is for casting spells. When you cast a spell, your aura is reduced, but will be restored when you rest. Your hit points are the average of strength and dexterity, and your gold pieces are determined based on your stats. The better your stats, the less gold you will start with -- an attempt to balance things out. If you roll a lousy character, hit reset to start again. If you're satisfied, press the button and you will be taken to town. In town, your stats are displayed. If your level number is yellow, you are ready to train to the next level. If your HP are green, you are poisoned. The more poison in your system, the greater the chance of randomly losing HP. press the button to be taken to the guild. When in the guild, move the joystick to the right to scroll through the various items to buy. Rest will restore your HP and aura, Cure cures poison, Train will advance you to the next level when you have earned enough experience, Magic will train you in casting spells. Each time you train in magic, you will receive two new spells. The rest are weapons and armor you can buy to aid in combat. When you reach level 3, magic weapons and armor will become available. In the guild screen, you may also move the joystick down to enter the maze. When in the maze, move the joystick forward to move forward. Move it left or right to rotate. Move it back to make use of stairs, which are indicated by an up or down arrow. Press the button to display your possible actions/spells, and move the joystick to the right while still pressing the button to display your character. To perform an action, move the cursor down until it is next to the action, then release the button. The maze has 4 levels. You must find the down stairs to access the next level. Level 2 and below are dark, and you will need to cast a light spell in order to see. Some walls are illusionary. They look like normal walls, but you can pass right through them. On level one, there is only one illusionary wall which hides the stairs down. As you go down in levels, the monsters will become more powerful. On level two and below, chests are also trapped. Casting an open spell will avoid traps. Otherwise you will have to hit the chest to break it open, and rely on your dexterity to avoid the trap. If you don't avoid the trap you will lose one HP. Inside chests you will find gold -- the amount of gold will become greater as you go down deeper into the maze. You might also find better weapons and armor or potions that restore your HP, cure poison, or restore your aura. Hidden somewhere in the maze is the legendary goblin sword, which is the most powerful weapon available. If a monster appears, you may use actions to deal with it. You may hit it to attack, or flee to run away. Successfully running away depends on your dexterity. Once you perform your action, the monster will attack. If you hear a buzzing sound, that means the monster hit you. Be sure to watch your HP. If your HP is reduced to zero, you will be transported back to town, and lose all gold you have accumulated. If you kill the monster, you will gain experience, and sometimes a chest will appear. Hit the chest or cast open to collect its contents. If you don't want to open the chest, simply move on. Some monsters have special abilities. Spiders and wraiths will poison you, vampires will drain your aura, and the red blobs will damage or destroy your weapons or armor. Some of your actions will be greyed out, which means those actions aren't available until you train in magic. Each time you train in magic, you will learn two new spells. Light enables you to see in the dark. Open opens chests and avoids traps. Bolt hits the monster with a magical attack. Heal will restore your HP and reduce the amount of poison in your system. Port will take you back to town. Bless allows you to sacrifice 500 GP in order to restore your aura to maximum. Casting spells reduces your aura by one point. The bless does not spend aura. The evil goblin sorcerer is hidden on the 4th level. Find him and kill him in order to win the game. goblinsword.bas.bin
  6. So it turns out the Primary Focus folks in the Philippines had a version for that market. I haven't seen another one with this sticker before.
  7. Do you have a multimeter to check the power supply output? Do you have another device with RF output on channel 3 to check the TV input? Do you have another TV with RF input that you can set to channel 3 to check the woody? What channel is the woody set to output?
  8. @Tillek can you add www.thecell.ar also to your BBS list please ? After 10 hours I can now finally report that my blogsite is up and running at www.thecell.ar and my report of my visit to GEMTOS in France has been published there also. Another milestone reached. And now dinner-time ( 18:30 PM here)
  9. Hey, now. Let's keep this a family oriented website. -Ben
  10. The pen is not included. 😀 Still want?
  11. @Thomas Jentzsch Such a wealth if information. Thanks! There's nothing like going straight to the source. -Ben
  12. Oh crud folks, this was a duplicate post. Super sorry about that.
  13. Bumper Bash: 161570 I sometimes think that as soon as you manage to complete the A-C-E targets, the game is going to find a way to send the ball SDTM - sort of like real pinball once you finally get the machine into a favorable state I ended up really enjoying this one. I especially like how they used the two paddle buttons for the flippers unlike other pinball games for the 2600 where they try to work with the limitations of a one-button joystick. I wish there were a way to nudge the table, although I have no idea how this could have been implemented. There are several times where you're helplessly waiting for the ball to bounce around and find its way down an outlane when a simple nudge would keep the game going (provided you don't tilt). If you clear the upper bank of drop targets 3x, the rollover targets start adding to the bonus. These rollovers get hit frequently and will rack up the score, especially if you've run the multiplier up to 5x. This is the only game where I managed to do this. I never got the A-C-E twice to earn the extra ball, but came close on this game - if it weren't for that stupid "E".
  14. When did the computer version finally get released?
  15. First score from first game: 7,590 (Vectrex console with digital controller from Victor Marland)
  16. Good Sunday morning, all!

5.thumb.jpg.2f1ad2d382fa78d92e345f6202c83b66.jpg

1. bent_pin

bent_pin

And to you as well, good sir.

2. GoldLeader

GoldLeader

Happy Sunday!   French Press?  Nice!

17. I forgot about Karnov’s Revenge! Yes, it is a great fighter to say the very least. I have it on MVS, but not CD. Maybe I should hunt down a copy.
  18. I created a reasonable version Adobe Illustrator.
  19. The Last Blade 1 and 2 are fantastic weapon based fighters. The artwork in the game is amazing. Karnovs Revenge is a bit less known but a good game in my opinion. Not a top tier fighter but I think it's a solid title.
  20. Atari has always been Infogrames to me anyway, because its part of there history, Atari would not exist now if Infogrames never bought Atari's IP in 1999 and they have not been Atari for 50 years, Atari has had 4 company's running so far, Original, Warner, Tremiel and Infogrames. Atari could as well revive Hasbro and MB Games because they own it too, so many old company's under one hood... Retro now is where the money lies not in new stuff, seen Fallout, I got Fallout 4 free in 2017 with the PS4 Slim, I never bothered playing it until I saw the Fallout The TV Series, so I dug it out the old Bluray CD and upgraded the PS4 version to the PS5 version, its free... so had it for 6 years and never played it once, I never played because I am not a fan of FPS(First Person Shooters) games(FPS games should be converted to work with VR headsets now, FPS was the start of VR), they make you dizzy, only like 3rd Person like Resident Evil remakes but it has that now too, but it didn't originally until some one made a mod for it on the PC for Fallout 4 so now you can switch using the touch pad... best thing they did to the game.
  21. Shhh. I am trying to get you a little bit of money.
  22. I recommend Art of Fighting 3, Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser, Kubuki Klash, Ranagard Shinoken, King of Fighters 96, King of Fighters 98, Double Dragon, and Aggressors of Dark Combat. These are the more unique and original fighters on the system. They released a KOF game every year, so some are better (like the ones I suggested) and others (i.e. KOF 97) not so much.
  1. Load more activity