All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Keep trying, sometimes it takes 5 or 10 attempts to load those two games. I know what the problem is, but not why it’s happening or how to fix it as yet.
  3. I thought so! Thanks @Blitzer1001 for the confirmation! Well then, by the numbers...
  4. I used deluxe paint for hours back in the day. I never had any problems or stability issues that I can recall. Used on 520/1040 STfm.
  5. I might. next time i go to storage, maybe next week, i am going to look through my atari stuff
  6. Does anyone know if there is a 7800 emulator that will run on the RG350. The RG350 is a pretty popular handheld emulation system made by Anbernic running Dingux.
  7. I've been working toward this incrementally. One of the issues has been reliability of save states, as Altirra has a lot of internal state for accuracy reasons, and it's only recently that save states have been somewhat reliable. Things get pretty sticky in situations like saving in the middle of an instruction, or during a disk load. It's a bit better now that there's support for trying to save at a nice point (first instruction in vblank) and flagging "unsafe" times like disk operations. But there are still cases that are not handled, like some devices that don't support save states, or rolling back across a disk write. If you spot an issue with save states, do let me know as a rewind mechanism would be built on top of it. You can key-bind the save/load quick state commands, which will give you one level of manual rewind. As Kr0tki notes, the Hue Step slider is equivalent to the color pot. This includes the wonky behavior of the PAL GTIA encoder. Of course, Altirra won't be able to emulate the awkwardness of trying to live trim a pot that's exposed on the bottom of the computer, particularly if you are bold enough to use a metal screwdriver on a powered computer. This would be possible, though it'd be emulating a pretty poor monitor. The only visibly long persistence monitor I've ever used was the Apple Monitor ///, and even that wasn't that visible. Yeah, I know you've asked about this before. I'm not opposed to it, but it needs some work. Altirra's internal sound effect system is limited to a small preset sound bank of samples pre-resampled to the internal mixing rate (63.9KHz), that would need to be made for flexible. Printing is definitely one I've thought about, though some work would be needed just to emulate better print timing and output. The 820 is a particularly interesting case because its timing isn't entirely firmware driven, it's also determined by a timing roller driven by a motor, so I don't actually know how fast it prints. The 1020 and 1025 are a little better defined and I've partially disassembled the firmware for the latter (8051... bleh). I'm a little surprised that no one has commented on the phone network sound emulation only supporting US dialing sounds, but perhaps there aren't enough people who used modems.... This also reminds me that I need to check the sound of the Atari 400 internal speaker, to see if it's appreciably different than the 800 and needs a different impulse. I have a 400, just can't be bothered to hook it up half the time because it only has a fricking RF output. This one I'm not sure about, as it effectively would just be patching the OS ROM. Probably would be better to have a ROM patching tool to create customized ROM images than to add a feature specifically for the character set. Feedback and testing are awesome, as always. Ooh, interesting, I didn't know that Pole Position did this. Easy enough to add the separate NTSC/PAL colors to the reference table, but this is quite an interesting reference since the PAL colors are relatively constrained. This is a much better reference for what contemporary colors were seen at the time than hand-wavy anecdotes about "green", "blue", and "gold" colors.
  8. Just updated. Hoverstrike works though I did have it hang one time. VidGrid and World Tour Racing, no issues. However, Blue Lightning and Battlemorph no longer work. Just get a black screen after the Atari screen. They were working previously. I already tried reformatting the card and recopying everything back to it. Mitch
  9. 😆 Very true - consider this as an extra challenge.
  10. Yeah, sorry. Didn't make it clear enough that I was talkin' about loading 7800 games and not 2600. When you count the increased size of assets (graphics, sounds, etc...) loading is gonna get slower. In that case you need to get creative. Generic assets in ROM. Load the game and or assets into onboard flash, etc..
  11. My systems have the following (unexpected) behavior: Q1: Atari video is immediately displayed on power up Q2: No, my Inty II controllers don't work with the Atari game
  12. Since it appears that the Mattel System Changer behaves differently for different setups, it would be good to have a survey from the community of what is observed. These differences are for when it is expected to work properly. The request is for folks to hook up their various Intellivision II consoles (other Intellivisions are excluded) to their various System Changers, insert an Atari cartridge, and turn it on. Q1: When you turn on your Intellivision II + System Changer + Atari game, what do you first see? Atari video image is immediately displayed Green "M-Network" title screen is displayed. Have to press an Inty controller to see to the Atari game. Q2: Can you use the Intellivision II controllers to control the game? Yes No Gory technical gotchas: Testing using the RF output or composite video output is preferred (component and HDMI output are known to not be System Changer compatible). Other Intellivisions are by default incompatible with the System Changer unless they have the special video mod to make them compatible with the System Changer (most other Intellivisions don't have this mod).
  13. Today
  14. Saturday Night Bingo by 9T9 Assembly Sig Here is another great sample of TMS9900 Assembly Source Code, this was originally a disk release program by Texas Instruments in Extended Basic in 1980, and has been converted to Assembly most likely around year 1989 by the 9T9 Assembly Sig and Cecil G. Chin and now I have released it with permission to my O.P.A. GitHub and here on AtariAge as usual, and is a good example on how to use RND numbers, the PRINT device, SPEECH and VDP Sprites in Assembly. Enjoy! -=(GaryOPA)=- ************************************************* * SAT-N-BINGO v1.00.80.TIXB by 9T9 Assembly Sig * * * * Saturday Night Bingo * * * * (c)1980 By TI & Cecil Chin & 9T9 Assembly SIG * * * * Released on: May 8st, 2024 by Gary Bowser * * Uploaded to: TI99.AtariAge.com via GaryOPA * * Mirrored to: gary99opa GitHub Repositories * * * * BINGO-S -> The Assemble Source Code File * * BINGO-MNE -> Saturday Night Bingo Assembly * * BINGO-SUB -> Commonly Used BLWP/BL Library * * BINGO-TXT -> Text Block after the DataArea * * * ************************************************* GITHub Release Link: https://github.com/gary99opa/sat-n-bingo SATNBINGO-Source-Files-Only.zip SATNBINGO.dsk SATNBINGO_1_00_80_TIXB_GaryOPA_05_08_2024.zip
  15. Rule of thumb for chinese power supplies, ie 99% of ebay/amazon/aliexpress. Listed Ampage/3 = Actual Ampage Not to mention the amount of noise they introduce due to bad design. Only place to get power supplies that are at the rated ampage is digikey/mouser or the like.
  16. There was an Atari authorized service center on Bustleton Avenue in NE Philly. I haven't been down there in ages. IIRC, it was across the street from the shopping center near the Leo Mall, right near Biberry road. It was open as recently as the late 90s/early 2000s. Still had Atari branded display cases (at least 2 of them from what I recall), brand new 5200 controllers and parts for the controller. LOTS and LOTS (probably over 1000) of PC booter and early DOS games in the late 90s. They had some NOS of common 5200 games and Atari ST games It was like they had a huge old inventory that they just never sold and were hoping to sell. Their prices were high though. I was dating a woman in that area so I used to stop and buy fairly frequently, but I haven't been around there in like 2 decades. So they definitely existed. While I don't know if they carried 5200 stuff, there was an authorized Atari service center on Castor Avenue in NE Philadelphia called "Some Hole in the Wall." My parents would drive me there to pick up games for my 64 in the 80s (too far to bike or walk). My 1541 stopped working and I got it repaired there. I know they serviced Atari stuff too, because they had the "Atari Authorized service center" ad in the store on the wall. They sold (and serviced) primarily Amiga and Atari ST computers at that time. Again, I haven't seen that area in a LONG time. But it was there.
  17. What you need for the Mega ST are “Cherry MX Black” switches. The link you posted is for a “Cherry MX Hyperglide Black” which will be Ok but might have a slightly different feeling when pressed. Honestly, with the age of the keyboard and the wear on the original switches I’m not sure the difference will be noticeable. But if you want the “original switches” then it’s “Cherry MX Black”.
  18. my humble inventory: sears heavy 6er atari light 6er (been using this the most along with a 7800) 4 switch woody vader 7800
  19. It is that theme, i was glad i could put an recognisable version of it in there! In my opinion it only adds to the expierience.
  20. I have a note in my Atari files that the Mega ST keyboard uses Cherry MX Black switches.
  21. Just because it can, doesn't mean it should... 😝 Heck they could have called it a 2600+ and we would now refer to it as a "real 2600+"
  22. Emerson Costa posted a version for the CCE MC-1000 over on facebook. I have no idea of a benchmark time for it. 100 REM ARCHIMEDES SPIRAL 110 REM 120 REM ANALOG MAGAZINE 130 REM 135 DIM RR(255): FOR I = 0 TO 255:RR(I) = 192: NEXT I 140 HGR 150 XP = 144:XR = 4.71238905:XF = XR / XP:XX = 256 / 320 160 FOR ZI = 64 TO - 64 STEP - 1 170 ZT = ZI * 2.25:ZS = ZT * ZT 180 XL = INT ( SQR (20736 - ZS) + 0.5) 190 FOR XI = 0 TO XL 200 XT = SQR (XI * XI + ZS) * XF 210 YY = ( SIN (XT) + SIN (XT * 3) * 0.4) * 56 220 X1 = (XI + ZI) * XX + 128:Y1 = INT (90 - YY + ZI) 230 IF Y1 < RR(X1) THEN RR(X1) = Y1: PLOT X1,Y1 235 X1 = ( - XI + ZI) * XX + 128 240 IF Y1 < RR(X1) THEN RR(X1) = Y1: PLOT X1,Y1 250 NEXT XI,ZI 260 GOTO 260
  23. Well James had good memory as well. Sadly, so do I. But the issue the others in this thread have its that it makes it harder for others to pick up the work once the person leaves. which i can understand, but that can also be solved with having very good docs on how to use the program, for example if its api and how to interface to it.
  24. finally tried out the 80col versions, looks nice, but sadly i don't have a SAMS card, so i can only display files, any attempt at moving or copying data fails horribly. hopefully, my sams card will arrive soon. -- too bad it doesn't support other memory options or make use of the extra vdp ram (which i know isn't available on the f18a). also for some strange reason, all the dm2k programs, including the du2k and the cfhdx transfer program i got to remember NEVER to use the Q for QUIT feature, as it fucks up on exiting and a few times it took the Horizon ramdisk with it, if it was the last device i was using. -- this has been issue for a while now with these programs not sure why.
  25. I met a Programmer that did not comment anything in his code but he had a good reason... photographic memory.
  26. When he turns around he needs that stupid character with rebel on it. His head makes a perfect icon for Amico Home! I bet they talked about a Spaceballs game. Wouldn't that be something?
  27. I'd love to see what talented developers could do porting "The Way of the Exploding Fist" from the C64 to the 2600+ via 7800 mode. I shudder to think what the music might sound like though... 😬
  1. Load more activity