All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Very true but that’s above my skill set. I’m happy doin lil repairs. Anything major I have to send out. If I can find someone willing to help
  3. That is very cool! PlusCart can never be orphaned then even without the Server. Where is the usb port on PlusCart?
  4. Kind of hard to search for, so if someone has a link or pics, I would love to see them. Preferably not taken with a webcam in a smokey dungeon. Cheers
  5. I always loved professors who gave partial credits. 😃
  6. If you have some kind of SIO to RS-232 interface for the Atari it should be possible.
  7. We have a few half page spots for FREE ads available in our Super Summer Edition of the Newsletter. Send me a half page ad and I'll place it for free in our newsletter. As a matter of fact, we have space for free ads in all our newsletters. It's a way to help match buyers and sellers and a service to the community in case you wonder why we're doing it. If it needs some professional touch up, let me know and I can spruce it up some before publishing it. I'll show it to you of course before publishing it. As far as verification, you have to either have a storefront on the web or on ebay. Thanks chicago.ti994a.usersgroup@gmail.com chicagotiug.org
  8. Here's a Yar's Revenge for the 64bit pc. I scanned it with IOBit malware fighter and it's clean! YarsR Demo - x64 - 0.8.zip
  9. The fascinating thing about assembly programming is that there are often a handful if not a dozen ways to perform the same task.
  10. I had an NTSC Space Shuttle boxed. The box is gone, the manual exists and some overlays for the switches... 6er, 4er, Jr Sesrching for +.................😉
  11. yeah it is bug, but in the end VWTR changes the bit anyway to >8xxxx to tell the VDP it is register command not a 'write' data command. ********************************* REGS PASSED= R0 MSByte = VDP REG # * VWTR = Video Write to Register* LSByte = DATA BYTE ********************************* VWTR DATA UTILWS,VWTR1 VWTR1 BL @VDPSWR RTWP VDPSWR MOV *R13,R0 USE BY ALL THE ABOVE VIDEO BLWP's ORI R0,>8000 JMP VDPGO VDPSWA MOV *R13,R0 VDPSTW ORI R0,>4000 JMP VDPGO VDPSRA MOV *R13,R0 VDPGO MOVB @UTILWS+1,@VDPWA MOVB R0,@VDPWA MOV @2(R13),R1 MOV @4(R13),R2 RT So they are partly right as that is what will happen in the end.
  12. This all got me interested, as did trying to get my old programmer back online with new software and finding a lot of it dubious at best. I needed the T56 for the 16 bit EPROMs, and ultimately I found the official XGecu store (on Shopify...) I was a little uncertain, but the T56 there was $140 without adapters vs the nearly $300 on Amazon, so I went for it. It arrived today, SEEMS to be legit, and seems to work! https://xgecu.myshopify.com/collections/xgecu-t56-programmer
  13. That is worrying, v2.3.15 should work. With v2.3.15 you should get the "PlusStore Down" message with the update option. I can see in the logs that your PlusCart is requesting all parts of the firmware, but it doesn't come back with v2.3.21 then.
  14. I'm gonna let this one continue processing a while; because there's one line I'd like to see gone (hopefully it won't take 6 months); but here it is so far. It's NTSC, but I'll try to map a PAL version when I'm done with it. mrfish - launch ntsc.xex
  15. I'm presuming only PlusCarts post 2.3.18 will work like this? I have one back at 2.3.15 which won't update even with the Status toggled to "No". Will I need to USB upgrade that one first?
  16. He's not quite finished building it yet but I was very happy to hear Dalton has got his Uzebox Omega working. He sent me this pic to prove it. You don't know how much fun and how rewarding it is to build your own console from scratch until you've done it yourself.
  17. I think I found another pesky bug in the E/A manual. PG 348 LI R0,>81E1 BLWP @VWTR Load VDP Register to magnify sprites. I think this needs to be: LI R0,>01E1 BLWP @VWTR I think first byte in a vwtr needs to be 0-7? with the first byte being the register, and the second byte being the data for that register.
  18. The biggest things I would suggest, place and solder the edge card connector first, then when you are reaqplace the wires from the edge connector to the pin holes, that you do the odd side pins 1-43 first and then be sure on the even side, that the odd side wires are down low to the board. Then place a length of shrink wrap, cut lengthwise and about 4mm wide, along the top of those wire solder points, then strap it down with 3 or 4 of the even side wires before you set down in earnest on soldering the even side. This will retain the cover over the odd wire solder points, preventing short possibilities and you can get a clean look.. Do this before placing the sockets and risers or anything else. If you look at mine you see the bottom looks pretty good but on the top it was harder to maneuver my soldering iron, making for a un even soldering experience. Other than that enjoy!!
  19. Surprised to see this at Wal-Mart! Picked one up to clean some cartridges and see how it works!
  20. That's what I love about this forum. I'll never forget how generous @Wrathchild was with his time and knowledge in helping us figure out how to program for the 5200. I'm certainly happy to pay forward what knowledge I have if anybody has any specific questions.
  21. Today
  22. A patch application such as what @fluxit used when he first created the runme patch I believe could potentially be used to replace one or more image files to establish an additional firmware mod on top of 1.30c, but at least for myself, I'd have to invest a lot more time becoming familiar with those types of processes & related tools to be comfortable with it and understand potential issues, size requirements, limitations, etc. Of course there are games built-in that already target those sections for those existing categories, and some people would certainly want to keep everything still that comes with the system, so even if we did establish some kind of change just for display purposes, I'm not sure how many people would want to use that. Ideally, there would be a way to keep existing games and still be able to modify things to allow for additional categories by some means.
  23. In the process of getting down my newest interview with HSW,I'm reading his recently published book about Atari. Also getting ready for a rebroadcast of my show tonight! Been collecting alot of cool autographs too lately. If you notice my cover photo in my profile,it's actually one of my  Kurt Cobain signed cards 💥❤️

24. Update: I sent some emails to help verify my account. I got a reply that this worked and now waiting for 24 hour review!
  1. Load more activity