All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Now that my Jaguar is repaired and I can actually play around with the GameDrive I have been having a blast most of the day and evening I did discover fairly quickly however that it is pretty picky when it comes to the flash media. Not necessarily with detecting it, but success rate of loading games. Initially I was using a Sandisk ImageMate 32GB microSD card, this one in particular: https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-32GB-ImageMate-microSDHC-UHS-1-Memory-Card-Up-to-120MB-s-SDSQUA4-032G-Aw6ka/547052541 It worked fine for the most part...I played quite a few games. But, there were some issues that I would have completely chalked up to the GameDrive versus the media. Stuff like Braindead 13 glitching, Dragon's Lair freezing on launch, Iron Solider II going to a black screen (even the cartridge dump). For the heck of it I decided to change the media and use what I normally use, which is this Sandisk model: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GY9NYRM/ And wouldn't you know that those problems are gone. I have not tested all of the Jag CD games, but the aforementioned titles now work and Iron Soldier plays just fine (both CD and cart dumps). Maybe all of this is common knowledge but I figured I would throw this out there. If you are having issues it might be the media and not the console or the GameDrive. I find it very odd however that both of these cards have similar specs but one works fine over the other. It must be the NAND flash that is used in each.
  3. Looks like the one from this haul Any chance you are repairing the other falcons too? … and yes I have a morbid curiosity about how many systems total will be saved/restored.
  4. But the question I have is this: Aren't C-Labs supposed to have done those fixes in their Falcons? If so, is this their work or is this a transplanted motherboard from an Atari branded falcon? Don't get me wrong... It is great to have a working falcon these days... But I would be curious to know if it is an original mk-i or not.
  5. You all might find more speech roms here: https://www.s-n-u-g.de/spvmc/index_en.php
  6. I may have a spare Raiders tip sheet lying around. Let me see if I can track it down.
  7. But... that would allow you to see the games more clearly. I fail to see why anyone would want that. 🤔
  8. I can understand that. The battery install looks great so I figured you might be able to do the FRAM upgrade as well. It is pretty easy to do. I used 1808 chips because I happen to have a few of those on hand. But if you use an actual 1608 variant, it is just a drop in replacement to solder into place making it one of the easier upgrades to do. I've done it on my CDX and Model 2 SegaCD along with several Saturn consoles. So it is pretty straight forward and I'm happy to assist.
  9. As an fyi, I don’t think the Raft Rider square cart actually exists as a production release. I’ve been looking for years and the only couple I’ve ever seen were pre release versions. Never a standard label looking one. I’m not 100% on this, so if anyone has proof otherwise, feel free to point it out.
  10. What would be the going rate for the 99/4A User's Reference Guide? (Asking here as there are a bunch on eBay...) SOMEHOW, and I really have no idea how, mine has disappeared. Does anyone happen to have a spare of the loose-leaf edition?
  11. Are you still making these joysticks? I would love one where the second button is switchable between Atari 7800 and Atari 2600 2nd button homebrew. I would also like one that replaces the joystick with a paddle.
  12. You're right!! Thank you. Quick google search got me pics of someone else finding this on their falcon!
  13. I Placed my order June 22, still waiting. Two of my games have the pokey chip so maybe that's delaying it? Idk
  14. last used in 1998 this is untested. SOLD AS-IS case color is sun damaged many people don't know but you can add a hard drive to the inside of this tape unit so that you have both. there are instructions in the Atari forums. feel free to contact me if you can't find them very cool vintage device no power cord feel free to ask questions make offer will probably weigh about 13pounds to ship
  15. Isn't this one of the clock fixes? There are a few different ones (each one with advantages and disadvantages) but the question is "is this one that the MK-I received from C-Labs? Or was the MK-I a "vanilla" Atari falcon board and one of the previous owners did this? Maybe someone who knows falcons better than me can chime in...
  16. A very unique computer came in for quality of life improvement; an Atari Falcon - C-LAB MK1 edition. So far everything is testing good, but I did notice it has a very strange bodge over U63. Anyone know what this does??
  17. On a slightly different track ... I decided to do a separate stick, inspired by the CX40, the THE400 Mini, the Gamestation Pro etc., before tackling the iCade "self-contained system" build. After an afternoon of fiddling, most of which was spent on graphics (because that's not my thing): I might do a thread/build-log/tutorial on the whole thing, as that's going to entail splicing the board from a CXSTICK into this unit - in a manner that lets the stick either use the CXSTICK board for output, or the standard Mayflash V500 V2 board (which supports all the systems listed on that bottom line/graphic) but so far it's just modding of an existing stick (Mayflash F500 V2). Nothing involved, to this point, beyond a couple of screwdrivers, a color printer, and a handful of Sanwa and Arcade Shock parts (if you were happy with the default look, you could keep the standard parts). Better pictures (polarizing filter, DSLR rather than cellphone, other angles, board/wiring shots etc.) to follow, along with details of incorporating the CXSTICK board into the unit, so it works as one natively with THE400 Mini, and better quality art (printed this on my color laser, mostly as a test-fit, but will re-do on the big photo-printer for the final version - along with adjusting some spacing etc.). Of note so far, is that the Mayflash F500 V2 is VERY accommodating for modding. Dual sets of joystick connections ... one 8-pin, one 5 pin (Sanwa standard), JST connections. Grounds are 100% common throughout (so you only need to tie into one, which will be VERY helpful for integrating the CXSTICK's board). Enough space for internal USB A-B conversion. And no need to give up any of the units native features/connectivity to do any of this.
  18. Something interesting and unexpected. Even with PlusStore disconnected, I am still able to get to play roms I was playing through the "Recent roms" folder. I would expect this would be locked out.
  19. Did you ever want to play Whack 'Em Smack 'Em Byrons with a keypad? Now you can! Just plug in a second controller and bop those bratty bears at your leisure. I was thinking about implementing this earlier, but "Everybody Loves" Rayxanber (the AtariAge user, not the Data West video game for the TurboDuo) convinced me to finally add it to the feature list. whackem_game.rom
  20. Today
  21. I'll check my cart tomorrow and see if it'll update ok.
  22. Released 4/26/24: Asteroids Deluxe: 7800 $5.99 An extensive hack of the Atari 7800 version of Asteroids done around 2008 (?) by Robert DeCrescenzo, available as a physical cartridge on AtariAge here. Neat that this homebrew is being officially published by Atari on the VCS (Atari lists itself as the Publisher in the credits), probably possible thanks to the purchase of AtariAge I'd think.
  1. Load more activity