All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods this meme is correct...
  3. Sorry about that. Maybe a moderator can remove the attachment. I put the direct url to your site. I can't edit the post in this forum.
  4. Love seeing card games on the 2600. Nice work!
  5. Love the early 80s setup! I think my brother & I had that same TV with rabbit ears.
  6. Ignoring any real or hypothetical licensing issues: Rally-X for the 7800 Bosconian for the 7800 Dark chambers 7800 (Yes, this one please!!) HERO 2600 (I suspect that there are still plenty of people out there who don’t even know about this game yet but would really enjoy it if given the opportunity to purchase it. )
  7. As for the download link above - please don't repost my software. Would prefer to only support the latest version
  8. That said... the TMS9918A doesn't /have/ exact colors. If you search the forum, you will find a lot of discussions, some heated, over what is "correct". But this is an analog device. The taps inside the 9918A for color were hand-set, and even the chip designer (IIRC) was not 100% sure the datasheet values are correct. After that, it runs through analog filter circuitry that varies per platform, to a display with (usually) manually adjusted settings for hue, brightness and contrast. I have the palette I use in Classic99 -- and Convert9918A will dump that palette into the configuration file if you want an easy way to pull it. But I have half a dozen other palettes that are also logically likely.
  9. Is this software emulation or a hardware thing? If it's software you can just about forget the AN0-2 bus and just process graphics data with regard to timing and GTIA mode. There's stuff like the HSync and VSync commands that software doesn't need to worry about since they're usually fixed in time. The timing also relates to palette entry changes, you should notice a single color-clock delay when one occurs.
  10. As always, "Read the debug log™". I should register that as the Classic99 trademark. Those numbers are the /authority/ in the INI file. If it ignored them, it wouldn't be possible to load the ROM because it wouldn't know what to do with it. (The exception being type '*', which is the same as drag and drop). That said, you're right that all bank switched types (so 8 and 9) load into an /eprom/ space, not CPU memory space, so you want to start them at 0000 unless you have a reason not to. Paging would be way off in that case. Yep. Seems a red herring. Exactly what Classic99 does (but it might be the other way around, since I implemented inverted first). Classic99 looks for a bank to start in these days. That might be causing an issue if the cart has an assumption, but generally any bank with a header is a safe bet. This is not detected. It's loading non-inverted because it believes you have told it to. In this case it's because it can't recognize 'r' as a bin type, so it falls back on non-inverted. killercater.bin does run - but are the background graphics supposed to be all blocky like that? They look corrupt. So getting it working. After drag and drop, Classic99 reports: [34204] Loading file (D:\new\killercater.bin) from disk: Type 8, Bank 0, Address 0x0000, Length 0x4000 [34204] Loaded 16384 bytes, non-inverted, bank mask 0x1 [34204] Found ROM header in page 0, setting bank. NOT REALISTIC. Everything you need for the INI file is right there in that first line: name=Killer Caterpillar rom0=8|0000|4000|d:\new\killercater.bin Type 8, address 0000, length 4000 (and the filename) With that, it works fine from the menu. Was also able to make it work from App mode. (That is kind of a fun use, now that you make me try it ). I vaguely remember that! Someone must have done a conversion at some point, cause this definitely runs as a non-inverted cart.
  11. The way collectors pay for stuff like this, you may be able to get a new boat.
  12. I thought they canceled the whole e3 2024 … maybe just say that. Actually it seems the whole e3 is gone: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3#:~:text=E3 2023 was cancelled after,would no longer be held.
  13. I hate those cartridges. I assumed that they did that so it would look like you are playing an inty cartridge on your Atari. More likely it was cheaper to mold the add on part than an entire new shell. They don't stack for shit. At least they have end labels unlike 5200, N64, Jag, etc... These really help them look better.
  14. Voodoo Queen colors: 26 plus src Atari8man_Voodoo_Queen.xex
  15. Game of Cards colors: 37 plus src Atari8man_Game_of_Cards.xex
  16. Another man with a Vs. Tent:

If it were possible, I would invest in a 3D printer that can make replacement CRT parts. Too bad that you can't 3D print glass...

17. Voodoo Doll Colors: 35 plus src Atari8man_Voodoo_Doll.xex
  18. Today
  19. Baron Samedi Colors: 48 plus src * Baron Samedi, also written Baron Samdi, Bawon Samedi or Bawon Sanmdi, is one of the lwa of Haitian Vodou. He is a lwa of the dead, along with Baron's numerous other incarnations Baron Cimetière, Baron La Croix and Baron Criminel * Atari8man_Baron_Samedi.xex
  20. Cute Little Alien Colors: 33 plus src Atari8man_Cute_Alien.xex
  21. Another update, and this might be a release candidate! What's New: 1. A disco ball has been added to the bonus round! 2. Color/B&W Switch now has a function. When set to Color, the game looks as it always has been. In B&W, the grids are monochrome. You can switch to B&W at any time, but if you switch back to color during a game, the change won't take effect until the next level starts. In Practice or Time Rush Modes, the change won't take effect until the next game. 3. Game Select switch now takes you to the Title Screen. 4. Game Reset switch now restarts your current game. If you press Game Reset from the title screen, it will start an Arcade Mode I game. Pressing it from the menu should have the appropriate effect. 5. Fixed some minor bugs with the bonus round. What I couldn't do: 1. I wanted stars to fly across the top part of the screen when the disco ball was present. I literally spent all day today on this, and never got it to work. I'll take one more crack at it in a couple days, and if it doesn't work, then forget it. 2. I also wanted to get Snuggy hopping around while the title screen was present. I tried this a few times, and it never worked. I'll take one more crack at it, then forget it. 3. I wanted a Setup mode as suggested by ZPH. Just ran out of time and room. Besides, Practice Mode pretty much fills this role. There's nothing to say you have to solve the puzzles in Practice Mode, you can do what you want with it. 4. I also wanted a version of Arcade Mode without the enemies and power-ups. Again, ran out of time and room. Plus, I figured after playing Arcade Mode, who would want to play it without all the goodies? Time Rush mode pretty much fills that role for players looking for a straight puzzle without the frills. 5. When the bonus round starts/ends, I wanted the disco ball to lower/raise to and from the top of the screen. Easy enough to do, but working against time and severe limited space here. 3 out of my 4 banks are completely full, and where I'd need to put the code for this, there's no room. I think that's about it. Should have a final release candidate sometime in the next few days. Then if my playtesters don't find anything I need to change, we'll be good. Once I get Albert what he needs for PRGE, I'll start on a PAL60 version. Frazzled_20240511.bin
  1. Load more activity