All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Same as jerseystyle: playin' Dave the Diver. I'm on Chapter 5. The game has now added farming to my list of things to do. Not one of my fave tasks in gaming but we'll see how it works out.
  3. This is weird, but I stumbled across this book image while searching for old Atari books... https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/14890/Home Applications and Games for the Atari Home Computers/ I am fairly sure I remember borrowing this from the local library when I was a kid, and spending far too long typing in a game that didn't work. I was curious as to whether anyone had put up the software from it, but I can find very little about this book, other than it had a 2015 reprint (https://www.middle-coast-publishing.com/Atari-Home-Applications/Atari-Home-Applications.htm) I did find a scan of it listed in a 2012 torrent thread, but that didn't help much...
  4. Some of them work... but unfortunately for some of them you saved the webpage instead of downloading the generated file. From what I can see... all the files that are 17.2k in size are the webpage (you can open them in notepad to see). Wrong Answer.vgm is a valid VGM, but my player can't see any audio in it for whatever reason. That leaves just these 7 files as valid:valid_vgms.zip I agree the interface isn't great - you have to download the file from the link at top right: You also bookmark the permalink which lets you save the exact settings that created the sound.
  5. Bumper Bash (1 A/A, 1 ball): 34,115. Never played this one. Great find Vocelli! Really fun and I like this one so much more than Midnight magic .
  6. Kaboom (1 B/B): 3453 Had trouble getting over 1000. A quick cleaning of my paddles made a world of difference. Souch a simple game but so much fun!
  7. That is a great find. I couldn't find anything about Wonder Bolt when I looked.
  8. 10 iterations is more consistent, however I did two versions. - number of primes printed once (5 min 43 sec) - number of primes printed after each iteration (5 min 44 sec) I believe the first is how BYTE magazine does it, but the difference here is negligible.
  9. Today
  10. Games ahoy! Game Boy Contra: The Alien Wars - 42 minutes Game Boy Advance Wario Land 4 - 290 minutes PlayStation Tomb Raider II - 517 minutes
  11. I just tried another VGM player, Sonic Player. (Why are all these players so old? Some even force you to use the command line, like we were still living in DOS-land.) Nah, these files are just borked. I've got no idea why, but boy is it frustrating!
  12. Tried RYMcast, that didn't work. Tried VLC, and apparently it requires you to build a version of the program with the Game Music Emu, rather than just letting people throw the software into a plugins file. I think there was one other web-based VGM player that was no help at all. Honestly, I think some of these files are corrupted, or never worked in the first place. Some of them are maybe a couple of K. Others are... 18K? Something goofy happened, I think. A pity too, as I really liked those sounds! Can you test this with your equipment? Tell me if the files are valid on your machine. neat noises.zip
  13. Well, I suppose that pennies count as money, too, so you're essentially correct. Like a pump & dump. You're special.
  14. Problem is there are soooo many good games. I would have preferred a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice option for the voting....... 👍 EDIT: Maybe we could have used a points system like 100 for 1st place vote, 50 for 2nd, 25 for 3rd.... Add up all the points at the end... But obviously the anonymity in voting would have been lost...
  15. Back in the day om my Mega ST modified with Atari AJAX(8,16Mhz) chip high density floppy drives (One internal and One external) I needed to provide extra wire to it through a small 3mm jack.
  16. NOTE: I did not test this yet I am assuming TOS4.4 has support for this. On Falcon there is no external floppy port but there is possibility of connecting second floppy internally and wiring the one missing gpio pin from Yamaha sound chip.
  17. Updated rule 4 to account for the longer poll duration.
  18. The panel of the contest composed of one person (me) has decided to extend the poll for one week more, in order to allow another weekend for people willing to test and vote. So the new closing date is May/14/2024 23:59 GMT
  19. Highest Cosmic Chasm score ever? (as far as I know) Played for about 3 hours tonight and found a really great strategy for maximizing points, but also this last game I guess I was finally warmed up and played really well in addition to having a good strategy, and this is the result! 90,320 The really cool part is I got it on video as well, and will upload it to my youtube channel at some point
  20. I guess first step is to let us know one of the players you are trying - give us the player and one of the files you want to try, and I'll take a look. That said, I wrote it for input to my compressor (and because VGM is a very easy format to parse and convert). So all the tools at https://harmlesslion.com/software/vgmcomp2/ can be used to import and manipulate these... but you'll need to be comfortable with command line tools. I tested the VGM files it generates with my toolset but also with AudioOverload and Winamp's VGM Input Plugin. VGMComp2 may or may not be overkill for your Coleco project if you're just playing short sound effects, but if you built them all up into a single sound bank you'd probably benefit some from the compression. If they are playing but just not playing correctly - there are some sounds that tool can generate that can't be played back on the SN at 60hz, which my export limits to. We'll have to see what you have.
  21. I was going to do a SI clone until I saw source. Still haven't found a binary. Then I decided to do this, and committed. Then found MicroVaders Damnit! If anyone is planning a Breakout/Arkanoid clone, pls let me know, because I have ideas for that
  22. Very cool. Thanks. Should I enter 340 seconds or do you want to run 10 iterations with "1899 primes" printed after each iteration.
  23. haha... we'd get better results. I can run several of the large language models locally and they come off pretty similar to the online ones, so I don't think the chatbots are fooling us - at least not the older ones. And any human to create code in a language as old as TI BASIC as quickly as they do -- even someone from here -- feels unlikely.
  24. **** UNICORN DANCE PARTY! **** The game's bonus round is now partially implemented and fully playable (and without using any extra RAM)! Welcome to the Unicorn Dance Party! You'll trigger a Unicorn Dance Party in Arcade Mode after successfully completing two levels, and then every three successful level completions thereafter. The object is to hop around the grid, trying to land on the lit square. Each time you do, you'll earn 1000 points, and you'll have 2 penalty points deducted. So if your penalty count gets high, here's a chance to bring it back down again! Joining Snuggy in the Unicorn Dance Party are his little sisters, Snowy and Rosey. One's a bit faster than the other (I'm too lazy right now to look at the code and see which one I made a tad quicker), but other than that and their color, there's no difference. Snuggy's a bit of a clumsy dancer, so you need to avoid bumping into your sisters. If you do, the music will speed up, and they'll turn red and run off. Be careful, as Snowy and Rosey aren't quite like the other enemies. Sometimes, they'll randomly reverse directions, making it a bit tougher to dodge them! The Dance Party ends when the music has cycled through 3 times, or you have bumped into your sisters 3 times, whichever comes first. You'll notice the top grid disappears during the bonus round. That's because something else will be going there once I'm done with it. But for now, the game is completely playable without it. I've made some other minor changes, and it looks like I've solved the problem with the Game Over tune not playing that I mentioned in an earlier post. I hope to have this game complete by early next week, then get it into the hands of my playtesters. If you'd like to be a playtester for this game, message me and let me know! I'll have to have a quick turnaround time though, and I need to get this thing all wrapped up by June so Al can get it ready in time for for PRGE! Frazzled_20240506.a Frazzled_20240506.bin
  25. I saved 34 VGM files from that site, and none of them want to play on VGM players. Help!
  1. Load more activity