All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The more I think about it, Sunsoft, SNK, and DC Comics should have negotiated to create Neo Geo ports of the former's two Batman games. Then again, there was the Atari Games/Tengen Batman and what Acclaim and Iguana did with Batman Forever: The Arcade Game. (Neo Batman would have been awesome to have.)
  3. Don't you just hate it when someone makes a post about an arcade game that wasn't released for the ColecoVision, and you think someone's making a port of it to the ColecoVision, except the post is "Wow, don't you wish this game was on the ColecoVision?" This is kind of like one of those posts. Except Alley Cat isn't an arcade game, and I've actually done my homework. Using Tursi's image conversion tool, I've made a couple of ColecoVision ROMs to illustrate what Alley Cat could look like if someone ported it. What I'm learning from this experience is that porting games to the ColecoVision means a lot of compromise, and tailoring specifically for the console. The apartment that works as a hub in Alley Cat looks completely different from the IBM PC Jr. and Atari computer versions, and I don't think there's realistically any way around that. It gives the game (or the prospective game) a different feel from those versions, for better or worse. It's all a little... loud. (I considered putting shadows behind the garbage cans to hide the black parts on their bottoms, but I worried that it would camouflage the cat.) I've also included images for those of you who don't want to spend the time starting a ColecoVision emulator. There's very little difference. alley cat cv.rom alley cat cheese.rom
  4. Aliens colors: Grayscale src /na Atari8man_Aliens.xex
  5. Hi everyone! A while back I made very hires scans of my pride and joy - the boxed & complete Sega CDX I have. The box is a little beat up, but nothing photo editing software cant smooth out. Since cool folks like consoleboxes uk are making awesome repro stuff, I thought now as a good time to upload the scans. I put them on Sega Retro because that site rules, and Ive gotten so many scans from them over the years I also uploaded a better hires scan of the Panorama Cotton manual, courtesy of some ultra-kind soul on the Sega-16 forums who I sadly cannot recall the username. If those forums go back up later I will give them their due credit! If someone makes a great quality reproduction of these scans, please let me know because I'd actually like to buy them too! https://segaretro.org/Special:Contributions/Segasonicfan Attached here is the Panorama Cotton manual since it was small enough to upload Enjoy! Panorama Cotton Manual Scan 03.pdf
  6. Best I could manage - 75 colours. There's just not enough resolution to really pull any details here. Stephen_StarshipLaunch.xex
  7. oh thanks, I already have a contact for the host. I was just wondering if other people had reached out already. I just dont want to bug them with the same questions.
  8. oh Im always here, just cant post regularly cause life gets in the way of the games! But love what you do and always enjoy the new Neo Geo news
  9. That is awesome and good to know. Thank you for sharing!
  10. Today
  11. I'll join in on this one. 142,825 I've experienced a game freeze a few times over the decades playing the Qbert's Qubes cartridge. I never made a note of it to track when it happens but it seems like a rare occurrence. Have a great time with the family, Northcoastgamer!!!
  12. Guy made a NES game from scratch but used the Larry IP without having the rights. How do you feel about such projects as this?
  13. Dude, I already mentioned in an earlier thread that someone had bootlegged some games I made... How's the Xbox market in Russia, btw. Is that market quite robust then? Is that the market that is giving you the most royalties?
  14. Prototype cab art drafts for those who like to Archive. All rights reserved, this is not an invitation to produce anything, but rather share archival files. What other games would you like to see: If anyone wants to do a moch up of some other titles, please let us know. These would be interesting: Pac-Man Ms Pac-Man Galaga Cosmic Avenger Pepper 2 Venture or anything else that you can think of that may be cool to see.
  15. Wow, definitely giving that a try! Thanks! I think I’ve died and it didn’t come back, but not by using select. Also did not clear a world from the state so I’ll give both a shot!
  16. @9640News the latest LOAD-SCS needs to be updated. The loader address has not been patched from >2000 to >A000. It appears that the IDE and SCSI versions in the 7.45 ZIP have the same issue. The TIPI and MFM loaders are OK. Are the current loader sources posted in a repository? I wrote a patch program for the build process that will take care of the need to manually edit the start address.
  17. A mildly interesting tidbit - in this highest total resolution it is not possible to have a continuous screen memory because graphics memory must not cross 4KiB. Full screen in this resolution takes 240 * 48 = 11520 bytes which means two Antic address reloads are necessary. The first can be placed on the 4KiB barrier, but the second cannot.
  18. Yes they trace to that pin so I’m moving forward in attempting to figure another chip not sending the correct signal out that will help me configure this board.
  19. In my repository, there are two versions of the space bar support. One which adapts to the original Mitsumi clips (preferred) and another "from scratch". You could try the "from scratch" ones. It might need some tweaking, depending on the thickness of the wire. It comes in two pieces and when printing it, it's designed to be laid out thusly to increase strength in the desired directions: Then you insert the sideways piece into the mount piece and clip your wire in. Again, it's a very fine tolerance type piece, so YMMV.
  20. It's great to see Frankenine with original keycaps. Didn't recognize him 😁
  21. I am sure it's possible, but I know nothing about the items that you want to connect. Again, this thread is about my development of the IntelliGamepad and any other topics are beyond the scope of this thread. You have already started your own thread with your requests. If someone can help you, then they can reply to that thread. Please stay on topic for this thread.
  22. Hi guys, Back with AtariAge member @FGFchris Here we see him doing a great video on soundtrcks from the King of Fighters series. NICE! From the description, "Some of my personal favorite tracks from classic KOF by the super skilled SNK Sound Team. From 1994-2000, here's my selections, much luv! **Background art by me (FGF Chris) 0:00-4:25- Esaka '98 4:25-8:40- 176th Street 8:40-12:15- Ketchaku 12:15-15:02- Base Crawls on the Earth 15:02-19:28- Control Crisis 19:28-23:53- Sha-La-La 23:53-28:14- Wild Party 28:14-32:29- Sadistic Eyes 32:29-36:05- Funky Esaka 36:05-40:38- Bloody 40:38-44:56- Long Horned Beetle 44:56-49:21- Still Green 49:21-52:54- Club-M Blue Sky Flute 52:54-57:36- Saxophone Storm II 57:36-1:01:48- Psycho Soldier '94 1:01:48-1:05:54- KD-0079 1:05:54-1:10:10- Inner Shade 1:10:10-1:14:53- W.W. III 1:14:53-1:19:54- Rhythmic Hallucination 1:19:54-1:24:56- Fairy 1:24:56-1:29:10- Tears 1:29:10-1:33:50- Zero" Anthony..
  23. The game was pretty compact in all forms - the computer version is actually only 6K on an 8K Rom.
  1. Load more activity