All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I had trouble with some carts, they were even tricky in the old console too. Telegames carts and those black label German ones, they have very wide plastic prongs. I actually ended up snapping one off and this allowed me to insert them. I wouldn't usually recommend using any carts with a prong missing on the 2600 Plus as you could seat it incorrectly, but Telegames and those black label (like Phantom Tank) ones were fine after I did. ***To all readers, your mileage may vary, I am not suggesting that anyone else do this.***
  3. https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350541-input-needed-on-tutor-pro-system-super-pro-tutorvision/?do=findComment&comment=5413169 A hint in the post linked above. "When Valeski ran out of the old graphics chip sets he had to go to Toshiba to see if they too could locate their old design and fabricate some STIC 1A parts. They could and did. The parts didn't quite work right—they really needed one more design iteration. But APh suggested workarounds that required a few extra parts. Valeski was spending his own money and didn’t want to pay for another iteration of chip design, and so elected to include the parts for the workaround on the boards." According to that post, the Stic1a was a cost reduced design meant to be a compatible replacement. It didn't work right so they fixed it on the main board rather than fixing the chip. The post also suggests that the INTV1987A board revision was meant to work with the original Stic1 not Stic1A. What date code is on these chips and where did you get them?
  4. @tmp Is @TZJB correct on this? I'm just now around to setting up everything in SUBCART and it looks like... ...HSIO is enabled by default (no cables attached); is this expected, and then is anything else needed for HSIO compatibility? I'm not (yet) familiar w/all the extended functionality- are how (/why) to dis/enable these all found on the atarimania link, or is there a more suitable site to learn them? I'll want to know how to interpret that properties screen in the image pasted here/above. One last question: I've been following De Re AVGCART (atarimania) guide - are the steps for setting up the various functionality the same for the SUBCART as the AVGCART? And in particular, the guide for setting up SD card partitions via FDISK, this part: Run FDISK Enter the menus and choose Open Select your SD card from the list and open it You will be told the card needs to be initialized and asked if you want to proceed, select OK to all the warnings when i enter the menu + choose open, I'm presented with: with "2.0.1: AVGCART" ("device") as my only selection - is this what I'm to select for partition? I don't want to mistakenly wipe anything on SUBCART, and my SD vol has a diff label/name (that doesn't appear in the list above). Thanks for any help
  5. Absolutely. When I bought a sealed 7800 Ms Pac-man, no way was it staying in the box. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed. You can collect and keep them complete and in good condition, but for me there's no sense in keeping them sealed. The exceptions would be if you already owned a copy that you could play or if the game is crazy expensive that it's basically your retirement fund. 🤣 My Ms Pac-Man was sadly not that coveted by collectors.
  6. I got my PAL game today. It doesn't work on the 2600+ I tried inserting the cart and it will not go into the cart slot at all. I thought it would work. What's weird is, I put the cart in my 7800 and it had no issue. The game actually works on my 7800. I didn't know PAL games ran on an NTSC 7800. I'm glad the game works. The only other cart I own that doesn't fit in the cart slot of the 2600+ is that multi-cart I got with 4 games on it. I must play that on my 7800. Later on I'll post a photo of the PAL game & manual.
  7. This thread is worth it for the GIFs alone.
  8. Meanwhile... here are the two most complete demos of Defender and Stargate; executables, extracted from the disks for easier use. Defender (Maclean).xex Stargate (Maclean).xex
  9. Impossible Mission after 2011:

This would have been right at home on Newgrounds 20 years ago.

10. Something I created sometime ago incase anyone missed it.. It's not a scan but a recreation that looks identical to the original. Applesoft II 1978.pdf
  11. Here's the NTSC remap. It remapped 100%. Stephen Flame ntsc.xex
  12. Hello again The file at the top is updated just now because all three end of level bosses are able to shoot, and they each have slightly different characteristics and health levels. I'm very interested in whether or not anyone can actually finish this the way it is, or if more lives or powerups are needed. Please let me know! a 12th wave has been added with disabled enemy firing after the final boss level. That's a pure kill round for points before the game ending.
  13. FYI I saw the A8picoCart being sold on eBay in nice cases, starting at $27 with volume discounts available. i noticed the seller has multiple listings on eBay, with slightly different cases. For an additional $2, you can get a case with the USB port exposed - helpful if you’ll be adding games to the cart.
  14. Came across this auction from various sources: https://www.dexerto.com/tech/rare-snes-prototype-reaches-over-6-4m-in-japanese-auction-2702440/ and here for example: https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/05/rare-snes-prototype-auction-cancelled-after-passing-the-usd2-million-mark It seems though that the auction has ended prematurely and in nowhere around the figures that the sites are reporting. I suspect there was a lot of bogus bids and the price skyrocketed. Don't know if it sold for that 1.5M jen (around $9.6k) or not. But the prototype itself seems interesting. There seems to be an expansion port of some kind on the front and a headphone jack + volume control on the side (that would have been cool in the final version). And the controller ports seem to have fewer holes. The seller says it powers on but that's about it as there is no compatibility for regular software or controllers. Although this marketing ad from 1989 suggests there should be controllers lying around somewhere, perhaps: As it is, it's just an expensive paper weight but a cool piece of history nonetheless. Edit - here's a link to the auction itself for more pictures: https://zenmarket.jp/en/auction.aspx?itemCode=v1135225758
  15. I would like to order two please when available to USA.
  16. I do not recall all of the details, but I do remember playing a Flash version of Centipede and a few other Classic arcade games. This was long before emulation of the original hardware was feasible. I remember a really cool loader program called the Shock Machine that allowed one to select games from a virtual carousel.
  17. I thought that was just a music type game? Is there actually a score?
  18. I watched curling when I was a teenager in Colorado Thprings, Colorado (as it said on a Bill the Cat T-shirt). There were regular practices at the Curling Club, attached to one Olympic training rink. In adulthood, I was a Midwesterner, yadda hey. Curling was a can't-miss event on TV at work. There are curling clubs dotted up and down around the Great Lakes. I'm sure there was some friendly cross-border competition. We might be divided into Midwest and Great White North, but Curling is a common sport. I still don't really see the point of importing stones from Scotland to encourage them to slip over the ice, but I can't look away! Long live Curling! P.S. for those not sure: one person first pushes the rock, then another "sweeps" the ice to make a slippery path for it to follow into the scoring circle. You can bump the other team's stone. It's both calming and exciting when I watch. The stone, inexorably, slows down. My tranquility increases. (Incidentally, my ancestors immigrated through Nova Scotia and settled in the Upper Peninsula.)
  19. Frank Gasking has shared more from Archer's disks today..
  20. For my part, I converted Brett Hull to .jcd with the converter. When I launch the game, it crashes after the logos, black screen.
  21. Hi, Is it possible to source eeproms 28pin that will work with the Mega 4 ST 2 ROM version? I've got a ROM burner but not sure what eerpoms are needed? I've got a German version of TOS 1.02 currently. Regards,
  22. Thanks, @mytek for a great design. I just put one together myself (the first version). Since I did not have the adafruit module I had to improvise with another one I had in hand, but it works great. Just one question, when testing on original hardware (800xl) I had to hold CONTROL+arrows to browse through the SD card. Is that to be expected or did I do something wrong?
  23. Just hang on until the next firmware update for Yopaz. It's broken currently.
  24. I've fixed some issues with the CCD files, so the converter now works better with these files. Update in the usual place. https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge
  1. Load more activity