All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I used a cold stencil, where it does not touch the chip (or flux). So anyway I did this: i) Remove existing solder using iron, braid and a bit of flux ii) Clean with isopropyl (both sides) iii) Put a thin layer of tacky flux on iv) Prepare stencil (0.5mm) by taping off unused holes v) Fit chip and stencil, being careful to get no flux on stencil! vi) Pour 0.5mm balls in and try to get one in each hole vii) Take the jig top off viii) Correct placement under microscope ix) Heat on pre-heater to melt all balls x) Clean gently with isopropyl and bud/anti-static brush xi) Draw gently on paper to flatten the bottom of the balls! xii) Fix any balls that were not well attached (manually from viii) Never done this before so I'm sure I can improve this process! I think I should use different flux for instance. Also I had 3 chips to do and as the stencil is getting dirtier it's getting worse! This last one I had a fair few stuck balls so I had to place quite a few manually after, tedious and fiddly. Still its much easier than putting 169 on manually! I also didn't manage to pour any balls back into the bottle, I guess that is only really easily doable without tape etc. So probably I took 3-400 balls to rebel one 169 pin chip.
  3. @owen2a03 I am glad that your RamboXL is wired correctly and working as expected. You could also try XRAM 0.22.0 to test the DRAM as it has the RamboXL bug fix. @Panther I am glad that a bug has finally been noticed and reported to you in a roundabout way, and notice that you have uploaded the new version already. Thanks for all your time and effort. @ClausB regarding pullup resistors for PB2-PB6. PB0, PB1 and PB7 each have a 3K pullup resistor from design and manufacture, so why doesn't PB2-PB6 need them for the 256KB upgrade? The datasheets for the Rockwell 6520 and Motorola 68B21 equivalent seem to indicate that PortB is tri-state and only has a pullup when in output mode? Thanks for your thoughts on this.
  4. Have you replaced the pia chip and or checked all inroads and out roads from pia, (traces, vias, sockets)?
  5. That is a shame. Looks like it would have been a FANTASTIC game! I think we need to document this even though it was cancelled. Don't you agree? Added Sensational Santuci Sisters [Cancelled]
  6. OK, with any luck I've got this right now. Also for the number of NOPS, I'll pick 9 if more are specified. Find attached my experimental firmware(s) that allows you to plug in a USB memory stick to a USB-HUB, which overrides DSK3 by default (but the autoload.cfg can have a setting "USBD=" 1 through to 9 if you don't like DSK3). You can't "change directory" on this temporary device, you are always in the root directory, but I think most of my DSR functions should still work (rename, mkdir etc.) Makes for a nice way to get a file off the running TI onto a memory stick you can read on your PC. Sadly, no disk-sector access to this device other than the direct file-sector access that's pretty easy to implement. I've tested this with an SD card in a USB converter, and the SD card was one I had formatted properly like it needs to be for use in the usual Pico SD socket... I think that's still a requirement. You, of course, still need an SD card in the Pico SD slot with all the DSRs etc. to boot properly. Let me know if you find any bugs 2MB and 8MB versions are in the archive... PPEB2.zip
  7. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO 武器を構え間合いを詰め 黒子が旗を振り下ろす刹那!が サムライスピリッツの醍醐味かも! 【真サム ニュートラルポーズミニアクリルスタンド】 1PACK ¥660 ブラインド販売 1BOX ¥11,880 全18 種コンプリート 各税込 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT Translated from Japanese by The moment when Kuroko readies his weapon, closes the distance, and swings down his flag! That may be the best part of Samurai Spirits! [True Sam neutral pose mini acrylic stand] 1PACK ¥660 Blind sales 1BOX ¥11,880 All 18 types complete, tax included Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on 40% off the listed price #BGMT 1:15 AM · Apr 30, 2024 Anthony..
  8. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO 令サム商品 紹介だ!パピィ ゴー! 正義のs者とその相棒 見参っ 【ガルフォード&パピィ Tシャツ】 ホワイト M〜XXL 各種 ¥4,950(税込) 正義を愛する 平和の為の一着 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT Translated from Japanese by Rei Sam Products Introducing! Pappy Go! The righteous ninja and his partner are here [Galford & Puppy T-shirt] White M-XXL various ¥4,950 (tax included) Love justice, wear for peace Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on 40% OFF the listed price #BGMT Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve: 1:28 AM · May 4, 2024 Anthony..
  9. Hi guys, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO @BBGM_TOKYO 令サム商品 【勝利絵ミニ屏風】 約 W143mm × H94mm 全27種 各種 税込 1パック ¥880 ブラインド販売 BOX ¥23,760 コンプリート 風を捉えるかのように 目当ての屏風も捉えよう Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT Translated from Japanese by Rei Sam Products [Victory Picture Mini Folding Screen] Approx. W143mm x H94mm 27 types in total Various tax included 1 pack ¥880 Blind sale BOX ¥23,760 Complete Capture the screen you are looking for as if catching the wind Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on 40% OFF the listed price #BGMT 3:37 AM · May 4, 2024 Anthony..
  10. The screen is also bigger on NTSC and it being an Activision game the PAL version isnt speed corrected (I haven't played this game in a while so I can't 100% verify that, but I'm quite confident). As a general rule the NTSC version of a 2600 game is superior. There is the odd occasion I've noticed a slight improvement in a PAL version, but this is very rare and the gap to the NTSC version is negligible, whereas the gap between an NTSC game when it's the better version and the PAL version can be quite large.
  11. WOW! Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. What a game this is Mike. I remember buying this for cheap on the AES. I was thinking to myself why isn't anybody playing this more often? Now the price skyrocketed. Yikes! 😮 Anthony..
  12. You can say that again Matt. I would love to play a good hockey game for the Neo-Geo. I wonder why they didn't officially do so. I mean they had a horse racing title, why not a Hockey title? Anthony..
  13. Always loved the soundtrack to Street Jam Shane. I use to have a CD that I burned back in High School while listening it in my stereo system when I was doing house chores. Made the late afternoon fun and the work done faster. Anthony..
  14. Today
  15. Gave it a quick run on Emulators: Crashes on Atari800MacX (different settings, no success) but runs fine in Altirra. But real hardware is better for plaiyng, anyway. Will test different setups tonight.
  16. Maybe just use the system locations at 18,19 and 20 if it's causing issues
  17. Becoming a bit of a saga this.. Replaced Pokey and it is still the same... I have no power LED now but I did previously. The function keys are the only keys that work on the keyboard. Still blue screen white cursor. Also where Star Raiders would go to a black screen previously, now the computer just stays on blue screen white cursor. I do have power to the cartridge slot but not sure what to test beyond that. Diagnostic cart works - audio test, RAM, ROM all pass. Keyboard test doesn't work apart from function keys, and although it recognises the OPT key, it says error.
  18. Not sure what assembler your using, but this is using MADS and this works , MADS uses single quotes for ASCII strings, yours may use double usually strings are defined as BUFFER .byte "D1:OLD.TXT,NEW.TXT",$9b The file "header.h" has all the Atari System Equates in it. I always close a channel before opening, just in case. 2 things that are probably wrong with your example, strings usually have to be terminated with $9b and the other filenames in DOS again usually require the "." even if there's no extension. If you think about it without a terminator or period it doesn't know the length of the filename or the extension. icl "header.h" org $600 LDX #16 LDA #CLOSE ICCOM,X JSR CIOV LDX #16 LDA #$20 STA ICCOM,X LDA #<NEW STA ICBAL,X LDA #>NEW STA ICBAH,X LDA #$12 STA ICAX1,X LDA #0 STA ICAX2,X JSR CIOV rts NEW .byte 'D1:OLD.TXT,NEW.TXT',$9b
  19. Hi everyone, they brought me an FG99 with the RAM (as6c8008-55), apparently it seemed to work until we tried the (TI extended basic), the FG99 blocked, I replaced the RAM with (cy62158) no problem. Now I don't have an AS6c8008 to do other tests, but I would like someone who has the fg99 with this ram to do some tests with the TI extende basic. THANK YOU
  20. I made a side scrolling game called Sensational Santuci Sisters in hopes of making it an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600. A friend got me in contact with the rights holders but lost touch before anything could happen. So, it was left as a basic, endless side-scrolling title.
  21. Often, these games will run on NTSC simply by turning off the music (Bomb Jack and Pang, for instance).
  22. I'm gonna put a pin in this for later. I've been working on a CV game and need to find ways to make sound effects for it (and probably the SG-1000 version too).
  23. Guys, I need some advice. I have been helping in another thread to make lists of Atari 2600 split screen games. (link) There is a game called 2 Player Tron by @Mr SQL. Link ROM Hello, @Mr SQL! Please feel welcome to join this discussion. I played the game enough that I agree that it is a true split screen. (My light cycle can appear in your split screen and your light cycle can appear in mine.) So, 2 Player Tron would then normally be added to the lists in the same category as Hellway 2 Players Edition ("true split screen" games). But I hesitate to list it there, and I'll tell you guys why. Because 2 Player Tron doesn't seem like a "finished" game to me. It seems more like a "proof of concept," a demonstration that the technology works, but not really a finished homebrew game, ready to be put onto carts and shipped out to customers. Guys, please download this ROM and have a look at it. Do you see what I mean? So, guys, I ask you, what are your opinions? Should 2 Player Tron be included in our list of split screen games? Please comment, below.
  1. Load more activity