All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Than you wont like this... If you're not going to reassert the VECTOR's values from within the program, letting the LOADER handle this is more efficient than the LIs, and MOVs... ...HANDL, HI, BYE, will all take the value of the next line that generates code(JMP $)(>0024) ...same as for HANDL EQU $. INSTRUCTIONS, and VECTORS, always begin on an EVEN address, and end on an ODD address.
  3. Happy (Belated) Star Wars Day!

May the 4th Be With You!

image.gif.ed1a72edd82a56360a058f05e4adb807.gif

4. So the additional information you provided, has it now remembered that, or did it remember it only within the context of that conversation? If you asked the same question again, would it now get it 'more right' first time?
  5. Today
  6. @dhe - you asked for a way to dump memory then identified the dump memory command I'd like a hex ask dump, something I could then more easily use by cutting and pasting in to an editor.
  7. @InsaneMultitasker what is GenWIPE for? I don't remember seeing that before.
  8. @Tursi write: "You can view the contents of FFFC after loading it to make sure it has the values you expect." Yes, I use Classic99's Debugger all the time to view address for values I'm expecting, the quirky problem for me in this was, I didn't know *WHAT* value I expected as this time, the value was created by where the linker loaded something in memory, vs, something more simple like a FLAG DATA >0001. For a new guy, this was a 3rd order problem. I'm just glad, on my own, I made the connection, that I could trap the interrupt without the need to aorg anything. At three hours of free time a week, I'm still very much at the why didn't this assemble phase! 😃 Next step, without Gary kind help, would have been to look at the list and try to find unique values in memory and then look through the address display and find 'values you expect'. The exercise once again shows how helpful Classic99's debugger is, as a learning tool.
  9. LOL. Just looked at the Flikr album and POKEY is indeed upside down in the photos. So the 'default request' of hi-res photos was made, the photos produced, and the photos not looked at.
  10. @chue Here's an archive with 4 files named B..E - which has my progressive changes leading up to the USB stick firmware - I'd call that one 'F' that's failing, but if you can tell me which one fails first for you, it might help me track down which of my edits is responsible. I hope it's 'B' because I can do something about that one. PPEB2_Tests.zip
  11. Hockey is an absolute hidden gem that I played relentlessly when I was a kid. Only issue is that it doesn't have a championship mode... Also this is a port of Mario Lemieux from the Genesis.
  12. Most likely, everything but the 320k memory card will work. Depending on how the 256k upgrades were implemented, the 320k memory card could work, too.
  13. I created a whole thread for this but I thought it would be appropriate if I left it here also. If you need your INTV console repaired, modified, etc. I recommend Jesse at Ivory Tower Collections. He's done two different INTV consoles for me via RGB board upgrade and I couldn't be more pleased. He also repaired some INTV controller's for me, two Sears models and two Flashbacks. He has my highest recommendation. Keith 🕹️
  14. Something has just occurred to me... Both of my XL's (600 and 800) have 256K upgrades installed in them. Is this going to create problems with my 1090XL? David
  15. If you need your INTV console repaired, modified, etc. I recommend Jesse at Ivory Tower Collections. He's done two different INTV consoles for me via RGB board upgrade and I couldn't be more pleased. He also repaired some controllers for me, two Sears models and two Flashbacks. He has my highest recommendation. Keith 🕹️
  16. If you need your INTV console repaired, modified, etc. I recommend Jesse at Ivory Tower Collections. He's done two different INTV consoles for me via RGB board upgrade and I couldn't be more pleased. He also repaired some controllers for me, two Sears models and two Flashbacks. He has my highest recommendation. Keith 🕹️
  17. Unfortunately I will not be able to make, well I arrive back at home around midnight from France after a 5 hour train trip. In Eastern time I get back home around 6pm , if I still have some energy left in me , I might join if the call is still ongoing.
  18. Up for grabs is steam key for a VR title "A Fisherman's Tale". If more than one person show's interest, I'll drop the names in a hat and do a drawing for the winner. Good luck to whoever is interested.
  19. Isn't it possible you forgot to collect the special item at the first screen with the lander? Collecting it is reflected by an icon above the score counter.
  20. I ordered Bentley Bear’s Crystal Quest back in January and got it in March. That was much faster than I was expecting because of the backlog created by the last chance sale. I think Al is making progress and shrinking that backlog. This is of course a completely different problem than the XP line which I haven’t bothered with. My standard Editions of Bezerk enhanced and Mr. Run and Jump arrived quickly after I ordered them and I’ve had zero problems with what I’ve ordered direct from Atari and through Amazon. The XP line is probably a lost cause and I expect it to just be canceled eventually which doesn’t hurt my feelings any. The standard editions and everything in the plus line are going just fine. 👍🏼
  21. @OLD CS1 I'm interested in buying the FORTH and TE Protocol booklets. Let me know if they are still available. Thank you!
  22. The basic idea is right and this is used when a character has one or more animations with a huge number of frames (and usually of large dimensions) that all the frames can't stay in memory at the same time. But you can't load a data array with lynx_load(), you load a cart segment in memory with lynx_load((int)SPRITEFRAME_X_FILENR), and usually you don't need to load every frame, and If the character animation has N frames per second and the game runs at X FPS, you need to load a new sprite frame every X/N (e.g. with a character with 4 frames per second and the game running at 20FPS, 20/4=5, you need to load a new character frame every 5 seconds) Usually I adopt two tricks when loading resources from the cart this way for saving some ram and computing time. The first one is to put the sprites frames in subsequent cart segments, and to use for all of them the same pointer variable name, this way I don't have to change the value in the SCB.data field when the sprite changes (the compiler throws several warning for duplicate variable names, but as long as you know what your doing everything works fine). It also saves a lot of memory because you don't have to define an array with all the pointers to the several sprite frames. The other trick is to use lynx_load with the pointer to the first frame segment + an unsigned char offset to the number of the sprite frame to load, i.e. lynx_load(((int)SPRITEFRAME_0_FILENR) + animframe), this way you don't need to have an array with all the segments indexes, but the cart segments must be in the same order of the sprite animation frame. I hope this helps.
  23. Hmm... better! Not perfect, but a big step up from the likes of Omega Race, Space Fury, and the Dondzila port of Star Castle.
  1. Load more activity