All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's one reason why I was incorporating elements from the Mac v1.2 (1991) game. For example, hunting with that version is a simple cross hair that can be moved to any position on the screen, rather than a character that needs to be manipulated within the environment. Version 1.2 is generally a little more refined/sophisticated, without being overly complex/detailed like later versions.
  3. Wow - this is a case of an image, which I thought "had a snowball's chance in hell" of converting, came out amazing. I'll even post the source image here which I normally don't. Dodge advertisement - 61 colours. Stephen_WhiteHatCharger.xex
  4. Yep that one works for me in all regards except for one thing. I can't get it to update the config file, even though it says it did. So for instance if I cycle the SIO speed from 6 to 2 by pressing U, and then I do a Control W, followed by pressing U and then Y after which it says "Cfg written", but when rebooting I'm back to the default SIO speed of 6. So just to be sure that there wasn't something wrong on my system or that I wasn't doing it right, I replaced sdrive.atr on the SD card with what I had been using before, and then did the same thing. It worked! Next I used MakeATR to extract the sdrive.cfg file from that working version, and then inserted that in place of the one on your file. Then I copied that over to my SD card and rebooted. It once again it defaulted to SIO speed 6. Then just for grins I tried changing the speed and went to write it to the SD card and it stalled for quite a while and finally reported an Error #$90 (whatever that means). So strange Can you test the config write on your side to see if you are getting the same behavior? P.S. Thanks for what you've done thus far
  5. very nice ideas, some of which could be employed across pbi devices in general
  6. Assuming that the reports are correct that Atari does indeed have the rights to the M Network games, I support this idea, but have a question: would those rights include the intellectual property connected to the "M Network" name (I assume the trademarks themselves are viable, since it seems all-but impossible that they've been in active use, which is a requirement to retain possession of a trademark)? I'm reasonably certain you couldn't use Mattel's name (definitely in active use by Mattel), but I'm hoping "M Network" is fair game. We want folks to be able to identify the set as what they remember.
  7. Think the XEGS must also have the original ROM with OS, Basic and most important Missile Command available.
  8. Yes that does help! I see I was putting it back together upside down. I don't have that metal v clip though on either joystick. Was that something you added?
  9. Yes, everything on ebay is rarey expensive. l@@k OMG super super super rare only 208,000 on sale now at ebay alone... like that's almost like hen's teeth! LMFAO
  10. That's easy enough. I read there are problems with "misflashing" the Saroo card and that what my Saroo Card Salesman on eBay said. So just move my files from my Android which got the email to the Micro SD, then while physically connected, unzip the files within the SD card. Or if that doesn't work, send it to my Mac and deal it. I heard Apple alters files in drag and drops and I should use Total Commander for transfers to avoid the Apple coding. That's why Nintendo suggests not doing Switch SD transfers with a Mac. Also, I liked the older search methods when you can use Boolean search terms and searches were not filtered to either political extreme or the highest bidder.
  11. My first guess is that you need to power the chip... I usually do this by inserting 5v into the ROM socket which will feed the 3.3v regulator on board, and then on to the Xilinx chip. Looks like you are using a PI2 ( unsupported ) as the programming device. The Xilinx docs say the 3.3v provided by the programmer is just a reference voltage, and not the power supply for the chip while programming.
  12. is there any way to tell what display type was intended (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) by examining disassembly or emulation? at first i thought just "count WSYNC between VBLANKS" but then it occurred to me that, through careful cycle counting, it was possible to "skip" some WSYNCs and still wind up with a valid frame.
  13. I liked console pre CD era, something about not just slapping a CD file on a game just made for awesome soundtracks. Pitfall2 various systems, was awesome, I still love it, as repetitive as it may be.especially on 2600 which "can't do that" M.U.L.E. various computers, one of the more awesome tunes specifically for a game ever. I'd often listen to the whole tune before continuing to the next month. Castles of Dr creep c64 (maybe others?) I'd let the attract run just to listen to the various classical style tracks on it. Lemmings, various consoles and computers, more classical music. I'd often just let the little blue blobs run around until they die just to listen to favorite tracks. Doom, computers and later various consoles. Music was awesome. Duke nukem, computer and various consoles, more awesome music. Star fox snes, one of the few games I actually bought the soundtrack to when Nintendo made it available...on CD lol. Tempest 2k jaguar and more recent various. Just love this pulse pounding music, and will often sit on the level intro listening to it, or a CD I got from songbird decades ago. Conkers bad fur day, n64 xbox xbox360. Maybe not the bulk of the music, but the great mighty poo is worth it alone. Got the vinyl a few years back. I listen to tons of game music, but those are some of my faves.
  14. G.I. Joe - 18170, didn't even know it was a paddle game 😆 Steeplechase - 1:40
  15. yes, my post already says that. You can delete it all if we don't want clutter now. The forum is slow to propagate for some reason.
  16. Today
  17. He can already edit that post indefinitely. ..Al
  18. John Philips' story fits with an anecdote I heard. Texas Instruments engineers would go to the arcade under the student center of Texas Tech University, to see what was "in". TTU had the most impressive arcade in Lubbock.
  19. LOL same! I was trying to cheat by editing sectors when I stumbled across some familiar hex codes, like 0103070F. Then, monster parts! Starting using up graph paper. I replaced some monsters using DISKO too.
  20. Although the p-system allows you to redefine characters between 0 and 31, several of these characters have terminal functions which are retained and thus lead to weird effects when displayed, a fact which betrays the essential nature of the UCSD Pascal system as a terminal-based system even when in graphics mode. This caused me a lot of head scratching before I figured it out. Here is a list of characters you should not redefine (there may be others): 8 [BS] 10 [LF] 12 [FF] 13 [CR] 16 [DLE] 30 [RS] I would advise that unless you are very short on character space, try to avoid characters 1-31 altogether. Incidentally, character 0 is the cursor. This limitation is more than mitigated by the fact that you can redefine all the way to character 255.
  21. There already is a 7800 version of Scramble. Was playing it last night. It's pretty solid. My 2 cents. The 7800 doesn't have enough RPGs. yeah we got Penult coming, which is a 2600 game I think, but we need a solid version of Gauntlet, Dark Chambers is alright but... yeah. Gauntlet. That's the 80s. Seems like it should be able to do it. Either that or we need an Elder Scrolls game. That's a little more ambitious tho and will never happen.
  22. The screenshot with the white "pepper" character is made with my GridEdit program: http://guttenbrunner.com/videopac/ so yes - definitely April Fools
  23. I suppose you mean for display. Currently, there is no direct support to display negative numbers. But you can always do it the other way: IF #value >= 32768 THEN PRINT "-",-#value ELSE PRINT #value END IF
  1. Load more activity