All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Atari 2600 Doggone It! - 15 minutes Juno First - 35 minutes Kaboom! - 320 minutes
  3. Every time I put my SD card in to the AGPS it messes it up and makes a folder at the top of the SD Card root with no name and when you click on it it shows the same folders that are on the SD card root, but if you click on one of the folders it say there a problem going in to the folder, I am using exFAT, weird why it can not read from FAT32, maybe its messing it up because it on exFAT and the SD Card do not like it, very odd. The Micro SD card is a Kingston 64GB, does the AGSP have a limit on what GBs the SD card can be. Anyone else had this problem...?
  4. Going fine with my AVG cart on my 600Xl so far when it comes to 128kb games... Can only recommend that..
  5. I really don't think it's fan made... as far as figuring out it's original use, that could be pretty tough... Without some kind of back story/authentication it would be tough to ever rule out completely its "fan made" to the average collector. "I think" or "I'm pretty sure" usually doesn't cut it enough to open the wallet up lol Again, I really don't think it is but odds are it was some "one off" marketing thing that whoever had it made originally is long gone from the industry. For instance. my Wife worked for an AD agency, I found an old pair of computer speakers she helped design some trendy nonsense for 20+ years ago and she doesn't even remember them, I had to remind her and she still gave me a confused look haha I'm really curious what it was too for some reason. If I were you I would continue to examine pictures of old trade shows and hope you find something similar to it, or maybe even a legit pic of it... I guess it more depends on how bad YOU want to know though, even confirmed legit I don't think it would be super valuable...
  6. I am hearing that some of the AI systems are just a bunch of paid TECHO's getting prompted by a Pseudo-AI Terminal system to get answers and try to reply, this could explain the lack of memorised sessions and the difficulty in interpreting the users input. I have yet to have much confidence in the current Big Techs exaggeration of AI, they boast too much and do not deliver. Where the TMS9900 has been around for 50 years and the AI can barely make a sample better than a beginners code, it should know and understand every Texas Microprocessor and Data book and it's contents, instantly, it seems we are being led by the hype.
  7. Thankyou! It shouldn't slow down on a real Lynx, but I had to turn off the score display for the final round. Other than that I can only test with emulation on an old Thinkpad, and I don't think that's supposed to be fast I'm not sure if it works well on a real Lynx original display with such small objects moving fast. The final boss is on the eleventh "wave". The graphic at the intro is a coded guide to eleven levels with SOBs. They are all a big brother of a regular kind of bug.
  8. Today
  9. I still have `GenesisFlashbackGameManager.exe` thats made with .NET too on my One Drive, just found it... its was for the ATGAMES MD with SD Card, that used a all-games.ini file too, most of these all work the same. AGSP uses different Retroach config files to set up its joystick so it uses the right buttons, that what I do if I add a Mode that uses Retroarch as the emulator in PCUAE, AGSP looks like it does not use Autoconfig like the Atari2600 Plus.
  10. Oh this was totally meant to be backlit! The large amount of tape on the top/etc is probably hindering it a bit though. Like I mentioned though, someone probably literally took this from the trash/etc so it could have been damaged when they disposed of it. NIce! Did I scan those for you or was it someone else? (I don't remember doing it if I did lol) I can confirm it was a wooden block inside as I opened it up and looked. The scans make it look a lot nicer, in person it had a real "homemade" quality to it...
  11. Wow! Very nice graphics and great playability.
  12. Any chance you could scan the manual and share wth us all here?
  13. Controls are quite responsive, how a shooter should be, nice.
  14. I have a hardcopy of the manual as well as the Magic Sac cartridge. Now to get some Mac software over to it...
  15. I forgot to share my scores: Canyon Escape: Neat little game. I like the graphics and the action, although I think it could use some polish on the input handling -- feels a bit sluggish. Chippi: I got a kick out of this message. I should have known better. Once I RTFM, I managed to play a game or two. Not bad, although I the input mapping took a bit to get used to. Kart-Tag!: Neat-o! It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but eventually I managed to get to a pretty high(ish) level. Fun! Max It!: I really didn't get this puzzle game, but the colours and animations kept hooked for a bit. I apparently managed to win, although I have no idea how. Ms. Pacu-Pacu: Nice rendition of this variation. The Ms. Pac-Man theme is well done. I think it could use some polish, for the controls are a bit sluggish and there were some graphical glitches. Plus, the animation at first seems a bit stuttery. Not bad, though. Pensate: Another game I couldn't really figure out, but the constant feedback kept me going. It's no surprise that I lost. Pinty: I was feeling ambitious at first, but after staring at it for about 10 minutes, I figured I didn't want to spend the rest of my life waiting for it to finish ... so I tried again. This time I got satisfaction at a more reasonable pace. Sheep It Up!: This game is a lot of fun. It is a bit glitchy at times, and the platforms can get stuck -- especially after replaying a few times. A little polish will turn it into a gem. The Blob: This game surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be this much fun. Like some of the other puzzles, the animations and colours kept me hook. After losing once, I tried again with a better strategy. Success! All in all, a very good bunch of fun games! -dZ.
  16. I realized that there is a few easy ways to make good sonding music for the TIA. Funky Afternoon written by me and my son. leostune.mp3 1) Use percussions 2) Keep the melody as a single note!!! So important. It is easier to fool the ear when you have no reference. 3) If you create the melody without the instrument notation after each tune you can re-use your sections for a different instrument. In this tune I change the melody instrument half way in the music and re-use the same notes. This track was created by first writing funky percussions. Then we listened to the rhythm and started to hum some kind of melody. And the last step was to pick up a guitar and play the melody on top of the soundtrack. From guitar fingering it was easy to type in the actual melody in Furnace Tracker.
  17. Kaboom! (1 B/B): 3,720 Bumper Bash (1 Ball Challenge): 22,190
  18. I came across a YT comment from one of the Perfect Entertainment team, who had worked on Saturn Wipeout 2097, where they described it as a Herculean task for the hardware. They came so close to 30 fps, 90% of the time, but that 10% forced them to lock it at 20 fps. They talked of using the Saturn's bugged hardware transparency function on it, but that took the frame rate down to a mere 5 fps.
  19. How about a way of scraping games so it fills in all the info it needs and then all you need to do is find the rom and the bios for the system the game runs on, you could get info from say https://www.mobygames.com or another website, it would make it easier to add games, abit like how PCUAE Manager does it. I never made PCUAE Manager but it uses a lot of my ideas, scraping was one of them, the way it looks too, I made a mockup of how I wanted it to look like. If you want to replace the box and screenshot images you can drag and drop them to change them, then it resizes them so they are the right size in THECarousel. Its made in Java and uses a database file to store its games. And instead of posting different version of the GSP Games on here why not add it to GitHub better place for it and can keep track of its updates. PCUAE Manager's source code is available too... https://github.com/lantzelot-swe/PCUGameManager
  20. Mmm… maybe not exactly as asked. I now have a bunch of disks in different formats, so could go through them again now that I have them to re-check. I didn’t get errors at the end of formatting either (as was mentioned). Also using DS/DD media, rather than trying to format SD as DD.
  21. It can be seen here (7th and 8th scan): https://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-et-the-extra-terrestrial_7300.html Interesting theory about the Missile Command display. Could very well be the case.
  22. Nice. Played it on Felix. I wonder if the rapid firing needed will work on the real machine 🙂
  23. Apparently F sharp, D sharp is the old Sega jingle. Before the scream, I mean.

24. I am not in a position to tell anyone how to run a business, but if customers paid 400 Dollars up front, they can expect something in return within a reasonable time frame.
  1. Load more activity