All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am very glad that the POKEY survived being reversed in the socket. Have you seen many of that type with the upside down print? I do now remember viewing the pictures earlier, and noticing the scratch on POKEY, but not the orientation. Doh! But then I thought that it may have been swapped with or from the 400 since then? I think it helps more if the photos are uploaded to the topic. @spacedmonkeys do we know what the fix was in the end? DRAM or ANTIC or both?
  3. E/A was not designed to be learning one, even the manual states it that prior knowledge is required. TI marketed the mini-memory with its line-by-line assembler as more of a learning tool, there was more tutorials and examples with it plus it was designed as stepping stone up from Basic so you should had a bit of programming mindset already from using Basic language. As for the percentage of people that gave up trying after buying the E/A package most likely a high percentage back in the day.
  4. Indeed, it fails on "B". Testing was done on a single Pico on the silver and black TI. I tried 250 mhz + 1 NOP, 266 mhz + 9 NOPs.
  5. I imagine that goes more like this. But, being it is Skeletor... I am afraid I have no video reference for that. together we can rule the galaxy.mp4
  6. @HOME AUTOMATION thanks for the tip. I was trying to stay away from org and seg directives, that will be a whole other learning exercise. I have you folks to help me along, I have Classic99 which makes it so much easier to expose the inner working of the 4a then I would with real hardware. I have to wonder, what percent of people purchased the E/A Module with the intent of learning assembly language and just gave up?
  7. This is a 7800basic thing. The hi-score code in 7800basic doesn't call the official hsc routines, because it provides a unified interface and driver supporting both hsc and savekey devices. At first I didn't have hsc init, because I didn't want to accidentally introduce a bug into the init and be the reason some 7800basic game cart got a reputation as an hsc eraser. (the reasoning being, a player would almost certainly have played official release titles before homebrews) hsc init has been added since then, when it became apparent emulated hsc was going to be a pain point, but initially it relied on the mame nvram init values. (0xFF) I added a check for 0x00 fill later, but I just discovered a bug in it that would likely cause the 0x00 init to be skipped. As to what the historically accurate default fill is, it's probably 0x00.
  8. The game is very similar to the first. The quick manual page of the QR code has a section regarding the changes for the 2PE. It almost the same game. The game modes part is interactive, you can click the features you want, and it gives you the game you should select. The GitHub page has more in depth information regarding the single player version, that most can be applied to the 2PE. The first game has a beautiful manual, I did not publish it online. But all information can be found online. The manual is a more beautiful and more polished version. @Leonardons was responsible for most of it, and we got a lot of input from Albert from AtariAge, until it was perfect for printing. Everything you need for playing can be found by following the QR code showed at the first screen of the game (url bellow) https://opbokel.github.io/g
  9. Yes, sorry, busy with a move. 🙂 I’ll reach out by PM.
  10. Indeed, looks like Jason peaked in the mid-1970s in the States, with nearly 1 in 50 babies overall (so around 4% of all males) being given the name. By the mid-1990s it was only about 1/10th as popular. The dominance of Jason contrasts with the current male name leader, Liam, which seems to have maxed out and plateaued at only around 1/4 the incidence of the mighty 1970s Jason. So to wrap up this little excursion, assuming the 1970s are the most represented birth decade on Atariage, that mostly males participate in the HSC, and that most were born in the States (although at least two of the three Jasons at issue were not, interestingly), it appears a Jason juggernaut was relatively more likely to occur than I at first expected.
  11. I have a few codes I'm going to give away for anyone who wants them. I figured to make it fun, I'd do them 1 by 1
  12. I will see about an envelope or box. PM me with your shipping address and I will give you options for mail.
  13. That was amazing. I had no idea that existed! They really streamlined the whole look by adding their beige monitor. Also, the CDC 7600 operator console. Wow, that's a dual-monitor retro battlestation.
  14. I bought another game. It's a cart with the manual. This game is a PAL cart. It will be my first one in the collection. Also, I've played this game before as a ROM and liked it. Now I'll have the physical copy. Once it arrives, I'll show a picture of it.
  15. Admirable! Well said. I expected @Ksarul was going to play a demo.
  16. I have a 990/10a processor card and a couple of 990/5 processor cards, both have at least one serial port which i assume could be used as a console port. But, my (possibly wrong) understanding of the 990 systems is that until you boot from a floppy or hard drive and load appropriate drivers for the hardware, you won't get anything on the console or the 911VDT card. At this point in time i'm trying to prove the 911VDT cards ( i have 2) work by loading some code to configure them through the programmers panel, and also make an interface to use a PS/2 keyboard and a RGBtoHDMI with the 911VDT card instead of the original keyboard and monitor. I do have one 911 keyboard (missing one keycap if anybody has a scrap keyboard) but no 911 monitor. Once i get this working i can download some code to test the TFDC cards i have and figure out why they won't try booting from floppy or Gotek. I have 3 TFDC cards now, 2 do the same thing, just sit there reading the status from the floppy drive but never turn the motor on even though all the signals seem go, and the other one fails the self test. Thank you for the offer, i do have 4 or 5 7 port serial cards from Richard Norman so i assume i could use one of those as a console port if for some reason i couldn't use the one on the processor board. That said, i wouldn't mind adding another different card to my collection, i can do a swap for a 7 port card ? Jim
  17. Adventure is very similar, when you can only see walls going through certain sections of the game.
  18. I haven't seen any update on the new AA releases in months. Originally the store said that preorders were expected to ship in 2-3 months, but that was back in December. Can we expect these anytime soon?
  19. Yet another trick: If you set the WP to FFE0, then R14 is at FFFC and you can use LI. LWPI >FFE0 LI R14,LIWSP initial >FFFC LI R15,LIHAND initial >FFFE LWPI LDWS * continue It streamlines execution. Uses 6 memory words, same as the two MOV. No big reason to use it though.
  20. Now playing at the Colecovision HSC: Q*Berts Qubes, Tarzan & 2010. Join in on some CV action, it's finger blisterin good!

21. High Score Club Monthly Gaming Alternative Round 14 Game Information Game Name: 2010: The Graphic Action Game Released by: CV: Coleco/CBS 1984. Settings: Skills 1,2,3 or 4 CV HSC High Score: First time playing 2010 Skills 1,2,3,4 in the CV HSC. Manual: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Manuals/ColecoVision/2010 - The Graphic Action Game.pdf Round Ends: Friday May 31st 8:59 PT - 11:59 ET Skill 1 Skill 2 Skill 3 Skill 4 Good Luck! 2010-the-graphic-action-game-1984.rom
  22. Inverse ATASCII season 8 epsiode 8 featuring Batteries Included B/Graph has been published: https://inverseatascii.info/2024/05/05/s8e08-batteries-included-b-graph-supplement/
  23. Inverse ATASCII season 8 episode 8 featuring Batteries Included B/Graph has been published: https://inverseatascii.info/2024/05/05/s8e08-batteries-included-b-graph-supplement/
  24. Southeast USA here, and kinda a "small world" person in the real world, I know you well, or completely don't know you(lol). I certainly don't KNOW, but I'd be willing to bet I've known more Jason's than any other name. Almost surely, I can easily think of a dozen, one is a cousin. (I meant to rhyme there, btw). Some of you Guys are getting close on Doggone It! Remember, find an early target score after a few levels, and if you don't hit it, just restart. You aren't gonna make up ground later on this game, you gotta get the score high early, and keep scoring.
  1. Load more activity