All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Some 7800 ideas: Tempest 7800 (Tempest in the style of Tempest 2000) Combat (With single player!) Gravitar Minigolf Millipede Midnight Magic Batty (Paddles compatible, a port of the Spectrum game, improved colour, obviously.) (Bruce) Lee 2 (A new Bruce Lee game, in fact as I type this there is already one in development I believe) Dark Cavern (I know there's a homebrew, but don't Atari own the M Network games now?) Gas Hog (Who owns it? Make a rip off original game if you have to!) Yeah, I know, with the last two I am indulging myself with two of my favourites 😋, but theres enough Atari IP here that could be utilised on the 7800 too.
  3. Car Wars is a rip-off of the Sega arcade original Head On, back in the day companies played quite fast and loose with IP rights and got away with things that wouldn't be conceivable today. I think the general concensus was that as long as you don't use any trademarks it was fine... I don't think TI themselves every paid any license fees for the "ports" they did, but companies like Atarisoft for instance definitely had licenses for the stuff they put out. I think TI just prefered to "draw inspiration" from others instead of paying for stuff...
  4. I would go with @Charlie Cat's suggestion bro. If your CDZ unit is already working fine thou, I wouldn't think you need a step-down adapter.🤔
  5. Atari 7800: Summer Games Atari 2600: Penult Would a 2600/7800 combo cart be possible? Then Asteroids (with hacks ;))
  6. do you ever feel like you are just treading water and barely able to keep your nose and mouth above water, every day?

7. Hi guys, SNK JAPAN@SNKPofficial_jp 【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのXbox Series X|Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9995 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ Translated from Japanese by [Notice] A SAMURAI SHODOWN tournament will be held for Xbox Series X|S. Please come along and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9995 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ 5:00 AM · May 9, 2024 Anthony..
  8. Hi guys, SNK JAPAN @SNKPofficial_jp 【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのSteam版の大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9996 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ Translated from Japanese by [Notice] A tournament for the Steam version of SAMURAI SHODOWN will be held. Please come and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9996 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve: 第7回 サムスピ週末大会 on Steam 開催告知 | 週末大会情報局 From vs.netgamers.jp 5:00 AM · May 9, 2024 Anthony..
  9. Hi guys, SNK JAPAN @SNKPofficial_jp 【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSの大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9994 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ Translated from Japanese by [Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS tournament will be held. Please come and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9994 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ 第240回 サムスピ週末大会 開催告知 | 週末大会情報局 From vs.netgamers.jp 5:00 AM · May 9, 2024 Anthony..
  10. Good to know M-S. I would like to see what the guys have been up to. Really enjoy there game Cyborg Force and hope they continue to outdo themselves. Anthony..
  11. Good to see you back with us remo. Hope to have your unit back running like new again bro. if you need any support to help you with the board, please let us know, we are here to help. Anthony..
  12. Tunnel Runner is one of the best 2600 games. Perhaps a 7800 version would be nice. It's a CBS game though, so I assume they still own the rights.
  13. Could check on your scope that you see TCK and TDO/I toggle when you scan it. To see if its a board issue or a blaster hardware issue.
  14. Ok. Don't get it what to do now 🤣want to use them. 1. The default is still the creation of the atasm-build.json file. This will build the specified file with all the command line options applied. 2. You can turn off the forced config file creation and use various other options. The sequence of finding the file to assemble is now: - Look at the Default Asm File to Assemble setting. If set then this is the file that will be assembled. - If that is not set then the current editor tab is checked if its an assembler file. If it is then that is assembled. You can turn that off with the 'Assemble Current Asm File' option - If you don't have a default and the current editor is not an assembler file or that option it turned off then the alphabetical first assembler file or the last modified one are assembled. The order is set by the Find First File By option.
  15. Today
  16. atasm-build.json, as you yourself posted the screenshot!
  17. I could go as far back as Quartus 17.0, this does not change anything.
  18. Ok that does look like a broken chain. BTW jtagd crashes and needs killing often for me. I’m using quartus 20.1, but I guess the latest is also fine.
  19. Will have a look but I did not edit any Json file just the inputs on the config extension page. when I click on the config icon below the file window it opens that json file i showed above with the "theapp.asm" and this is shown when entering the config via extension marketplace? { "terminal.explorerKind": "external", "z80-macroasm.files.include": "**/*.{a80,inc,s}", "workbench.startupEditor": "none", "launch": { "configurations": [ ] }, "atomKeymap.promptV3Features": true, "window.zoomLevel": 2, "editor.multiCursorModifier": "alt", "atasm-altirra-bridge.application.configuration.latestVersion": "1.9.1", "atasm-altirra-bridge.assembler.madsPath": "C:\\coding\\Mad-Assembler-2.1.5\\mads.exe", "atasm-altirra-bridge.assembler.whichAssembler": "Mads", "atasm-altirra-bridge.emulator.altirra.path": "C:\\Emulation\\Altirra64.exe", "atasm-altirra-bridge.emulator.altirra.singleInstance": true, "atasm-altirra-bridge.application.configuration.findFirstFileBy": "Last Modified"
  20. Because that's what you define under "input" in the config. Read about the new settings possibilities so you can do it without the config.
  21. ok. wanted to setup the extension. most of the time last years i used VScode just to manage my sources and edit but not for compiling etc. which I did in console window or via batch files. now I configured the extension so far I run into following issues (might be that I dont get the VSCode basics ;)) but maybe someone can point me to the direction. so I am on Win11 btw. Altirra is setup in the config file. I opened a folder (does it not work on file basis because normally i have several files open from different source folders). ok. Extension seems show up in the bottom when I create a new file it works for that by pressing "compile and run" and altirra opens with the file in the debugger. ok... now I open another old source... and no way... it always assembles theapp.asm (which was my test file)... what I am doing wrong here?
  22. I've got: * IBM PC (5150) * IBM P70 (luggable PS/2, intermittently working) * IBM ThinkPad 600X * IBM ThinkPad X41T * Tandy 1000RLHD * Compaq DeskPro XL (with both 486 and Pentium processor boards) * My own home-built Athlon XP system that runs DOS 6.22, Windows 98 and XP I'm always on the lookout for interesting other DOS machines but between the ones I have already, I have pretty much every era covered and it's the later era I care most about in day to day life anyway. The only major early CPU release I don't have represented is the 286, and I wouldn't mind having a PC AT one of these days, but I just haven't found one in good shape for a decent price recently. Realistically I also just don't know where I'd put it. Old DOS computers are not small and collectively even just these take up a decent amount of space. So if I stumble across a screaming deal on an AT, I'll pick it up, but it's also ok if I just never do.
  23. Nothing attached to my computer: woj@impreza:~/intelFPGA_lite/23.1std/qprogrammer/bin $ ./jtagconfig No JTAG hardware available Plug in just the USB-blaster: woj@impreza:~/intelFPGA_lite/23.1std/qprogrammer/bin $ lsusb | grep Altera Bus 003 Device 035: ID 09fb:6001 Altera Blaster woj@impreza:~/intelFPGA_lite/23.1std/qprogrammer/bin $ ./jtagconfig 1) USB-Blaster variant [3-3] Unable to read device chain - Hardware not attached Connect the blaster to a powered-up board: woj@impreza:~/intelFPGA_lite/23.1std/qprogrammer/bin $ ./jtagconfig 1) USB-Blaster [3-3] Unable to read device chain - Hardware not attached In the last two calls to jtagconfig it spends considerable time looking for things. And the same things happens if I run everything as root, with the small difference (this is really weird), that running jtagconfig as user does not leave the jtagd process running, but does when I run it as root...? And yes, in the GUI I can see the device as I do in jtagconfig, still I just see it, it does not react. I will try an older Quartus for starters. I also have a junk spare Windows laptop, last night I searched for this 2.4.16.0 Windows driver, to no avail so far (without paying to some of those driver database pages :/), but I did get a good another hint that it is in fact one that is needed to make things work (a FPGA programming course description from a reputable university).
  24. btw Alpine Games has been fixed, even though I guess we'll have to wait a little more for the firmware update. The reason it didn't work is that game has a protection against emulation (which is a little weird since one could assume the Pocket "feels" more like real hardware than emulation). iirc it exploits an error in the official Lynx documentation or something.
  1. Load more activity