All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A very unique computer came in for quality of life improvement; an Atari Falcon - C-LAB MK1 edition. So far everything is testing good, but I did notice it has a very strange bodge over U63. Anyone know what this does??
  3. On a slightly different track ... I decided to do a separate stick, inspired by the CX40, the THE400 Mini, the Gamestation Pro etc., before tackling the iCade "self-contained system" build. After an afternoon of fiddling, most of which was spent on graphics (because that's not my thing): I might do a thread/build-log/tutorial on the whole thing, as that's going to entail splicing the board from a CXSTICK into this unit - in a manner that lets the stick either use the CXSTICK board for output, or the standard Mayflash V500 V2 board (which supports all the systems listed on that bottom line/graphic) but so far it's just modding of an existing stick (Mayflash F500 V2). Nothing involved, to this point, beyond a couple of screwdrivers, a color printer, and a handful of Sanwa and Arcade Shock parts (if you were happy with the default look, you could keep the standard parts). Better pictures (polarizing filter, DSLR rather than cellphone, other angles, board/wiring shots etc.) to follow, along with details of incorporating the CXSTICK board into the unit, so it works as one natively with THE400 Mini, and better quality art (printed this on my color laser, mostly as a test-fit, but will re-do on the big photo-printer for the final version - along with adjusting some spacing etc.). Of note so far, is that the Mayflash F500 V2 is VERY accommodating for modding. Dual sets of joystick connections ... one 8-pin, one 5 pin (Sanwa standard), JST connections. Grounds are 100% common throughout (so you only need to tie into one, which will be VERY helpful for integrating the CXSTICK's board). Enough space for internal USB A-B conversion. And no need to give up any of the units native features/connectivity to do any of this.
  4. Something interesting and unexpected. Even with PlusStore disconnected, I am still able to get to play roms I was playing through the "Recent roms" folder. I would expect this would be locked out.
  5. Did you ever want to play Whack 'Em Smack 'Em Byrons with a keypad? Now you can! Just plug in a second controller and bop those bratty bears at your leisure. I was thinking about implementing this earlier, but "Everybody Loves" Rayxanber (the AtariAge user, not the Data West video game for the TurboDuo) convinced me to finally add it to the feature list. whackem_game.rom
  6. I'll check my cart tomorrow and see if it'll update ok.
  7. Released 4/26/24: Asteroids Deluxe: 7800 $5.99 An extensive hack of the Atari 7800 version of Asteroids done around 2008 (?) by Robert DeCrescenzo, available as a physical cartridge on AtariAge here. Neat that this homebrew is being officially published by Atari on the VCS (Atari lists itself as the Publisher in the credits), probably possible thanks to the purchase of AtariAge I'd think.
  8. Time for more classic SNK action on this week's Battle of the Ports with Street Smart
  9. Hi guys, Back with our pal Dr.Volk. Here we see the kind gentleman revisiting Magician Lord for the Neo-Geo. So glad to see him playing this fantastic gem of a title again. So let's dive right in in see what he has to say and watch his great gaming skills in action. Enjoy. From the description, "Episode 1 (Part 1), "Return of the Mag," has been abbreviated as "Ep 1" for your convenience MAGICIAN LORD IS BACK! Long-time commenter @Charlie-Cat. desired a rerun of his very first request on this channel and my first NEO-GEO game, back from 2018! Naturally, I couldn't deny his request. This is Magician Lord, the story about Elta, the last descendant of the legendary Magician Lord, who goes on a quest to stop the evil Gul-Ageize (or Gal Agiese, as the game says) from collecting the 8 spellbooks that contain the Dark Lord Az-Atorse, and resurrecting him! It's been 6 long years. My gaming, commentary, and editing skills have improved significantly. Will I be able to run through this game faster than before? Let's find out... THIS TIME on Dr. Volk! If you're reading this description: if you were a wizard or witch, what would your wizard name be? Mine would be something along the lines of Quivold Amethyst, maybe- Comment below!" Anthony..
  10. We should get programming then.
  11. OK, that gave the ability to download the update. Initially I tried it with the PlusCart being connected to the PlusStore, and it failed as expected. I then toggled to make it not connected and rebooted the pluscart. However, when downloading the wifi update this time, it also failed.
  12. This version is beta and not release or pushed to the repository. As far as I can see from the logs no beta tester devices (except for my devices) have been able to update via the PlusStore.
  13. I will need to send you an update Saturday.
  14. I agree. That label has seen better days. I'd value that cart at about $80
  15. Which repository is the new firmware file in?
  16. Agreed. And to be honest, new games with super realistic graphics bore me to death. While I much prefer gameplay over graphics, when it comes to old hardware (especially Atari hardware), my curiosity about that hardware's true capabilities never rests 😆
  17. This adapter works flawlessy with my CX40+ on my mini-PC and it also has a mode for Nintendo Switch. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089LSHW4T
  18. If anyone is using the raspberry pi image I made, I posted some info on how to get the updater to look at the new repo so it will work again back in January.
  19. Yeah that's like 95% of the time I get absolutely PWNED by the Flamoids level. They are brutal indeed. Great scores!!! Congrats! Yes, I also psyche myself out when I get close to my personal best! Also... looks like I need to get back to playing Scramble, stat!
  20. I think making fun games should be the first priority and after that pushing graphics. I would be happy with a Starfox / Panzer Dragoon like game.
  21. I am working with a customer in his free time to do a 3D scan of one so I can see about shopping around a couple of small run production houses. They do not accept STLs, so I have to do some conversion (or native build) in something like AutoCAD.
  22. After moving to ban TikTok in the US, the federal government could target the China-based DJI next. A report from The New York Times highlights a bill advanced by the House of Energy and Commerce Committee last month that could ground DJI’s fleet of drones across the country. If passed, the Countering CCP Drones Act would add DJI drones to the FCC’s list of equipment covered by the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act of 2019. This bars communications equipment or services that “pose a national security risk” from running on US networks. It also prevents companies from using federal funding to purchase banned equipment. Chinese companies such as Huawei and ZTE are already included on the FCC’s list. https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/26/24141369/dji-ban-china-countering-ccp-drones-act
  23. But it's yet to be seen if it's even possible lol
  1. Load more activity