All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’ve been interested in playing these! I don’t have any Tigervision games! Have to do some game hunting!
  3. Bonobos work together better. Kinda gets messy, though.
  4. I know I'm bumping an old topic, but I was looking at a book I have called "How to Repair Video Games" by Robert Goodman (from 1978). I was thinking of scanning it and decided to do a search to see if it has already been done. And it has. Here's the link: https://archive.org/details/how-to-repair-video-games-robert-goodman/mode/2up I was trying to find out what was used as the game chip for the 5000. Unfortunately, this book stops at the 4000. I'm putting this link here because it has some really good technical info in it on many (not all) Odyssey units. Including the original Odyssey and 100-500 (I think) & the 4000.
  5. Tigervision made some of my favourite 2600 games, and Marauder is the best
  6. The forums aren't completely down, but they are only accessible directly by the IP address. https://169.45.167.69/forum/ There is a thread about ongoing migration issues. https://169.45.167.69/forum/showthread.php?16547-Site-Restoration-Forum-Upgrade-Reports&p=891609#post891609
  7. In my case, it is hurtling out of control into a vector wall. Over and over again.
  8. @visrealm Thanks fort the pointer on the space barbut, it doesn't quite fit the bill. Turns out the original PCB to TI attachments work fine. Maybe .5mm or so off. The Space Bar pads, I used the original and a ockup of the ones on the original keyboard to bodge together something I think will work. It's printing right now. I had printed one I though would work and it turned out to be about 4mm too tall. I trimmed it down but now I wonder if I left enough room for the inserts. (It's always something with me.) I have a wide assortment of inserts so, I probably have something short enough to work. Well, while I was writing this, my test piece came off the printer. New issue. Need a hole in the center. Back to Tinkercad.
  9. Absolutely, but I'd say that a Thrust-style game is rather more mobile. I consider Lunar Lander more about precision, whereas Thrust-style games favor mobility with a lower emphasis on precision.
  10. Test update: Alan-1 has decided to swap out the 3-player with a 2-player - but at the same time will bring a 2-player for Avian Knights. So in this sense, the test is shifting to both Asteroids and Avian Knights. That will create a slightly different dynamic but still should allow both games to get a feel for the casual crowds. Main issue on the 3 (since I'm sure it will be asked) is the credit problem. While it was partially fixed, it was still present, so the cabinet needs some work back at the Alan-1 HQ. The new cabinets should not have that problem, so it can be a proper test.
  11. Note to self: Don’t read the thread just before you’re going to play and then know what the exact top score is. You’ll throw yourself off! Absolute idiot. 111 990 😁 I basically panicked about running out of fuel and flew too far forwards to bomb a fuel pod and hit the ship. Also, two goes later 🤦‍♂️
  12. I’ve had it in my collection for quite some time. The video did inspire me to play it again. The CPU kicked my ass and I lost, but I had a lot of fun regardless. Lol
  13. Very near offers maybe. Do you happen to have one? 🙂 If so DM me please.
  14. Hello, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account xxxx@outlook.com. Unfortunately, we have determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership.  Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner. We have taken the additional step of blocking your account until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account and protect you from any possible malicious activity. Here are few tips below to help you complete the form: Answer as many questions as you can. Submit the form from a device you frequently use from a familiar location. Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it. If you use Outlook, you will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you. Make sure you are trying to recover the correct account. Information to recover your username is here. More tips are available here. I put in all the information they asked for, name, date of birth, credit card number. Tried 5 times!!! I don't send e-mails to anyone anymore! I logged in to my account once a few weeks ago just to check it and I deleted a bunch of old e-mails ALL FROM MICROSOFT and that was it. I don't use outlook.com just for my Xbox One!
  15. Gladmort is coming to MVS and Neo CD? @shane857, did you hear that? It’s coming to Neo CD! Since I’ve already spent too much money, I’ll buy the Neo Geo CD version instead. The wife looks at me sideways when I mention expensive new releases on MVs. Lol
  16. If anyone has read Orson Scott Card's "Lost Boys" (I heartily recommend it), there is a fictional game the main character wrote for the Atari 8-bit computer. There are various descriptions of it throughout the book, enough to write up a specification of the game. I thought it would be interesting to see if we could have a contest for implementing the game, and see if Orson Scott Card will judge them (he used to write articles on Atari programming in the past.) Anyone else think this is a good idea?
  17. Good gentlemen, I think you can find this important -or at least, appealing: https://www.atariteca.net.pe/2024/04/inminente-lanzamiento-de-mikie-para.html
  18. The driver is so efficient now, I don't even see the lack of (say) an interrupt-driven or absolute coordinate mouse as a problem (the simple expedient of bailing straight out of the NMI when you notice that the port reads the same as the last time you looked at it saves a lot of time, for example). This reminds me that MouSTer has (I think, although I didn't update the firmware for a long time) an absolute coordinate-based mouse mode. Handy, but not something that needs to be relied upon in any way at all.
  19. They would have been fine enough (for me) if they didn't flip the Y axis. I think "pilot" control is fine for steering from a first-person perspective (ex: Star Raiders), but not for aiming a cursor. I really want to love the home ports of Star Wars: The Arcade Game, but the controls drive me nuts. It's frustrating because they were *this close* to being really good games! 😝
  20. Yeah, it was contemplated but as I understand it would be a major undertaking to take the rc code and rework it to use gpu's.
  1. Load more activity