All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Altirra treats cartridge type 22 as Williams 32K and will chop an over-long image -- it does not promote a 64K image to Williams 64K. IMO, rejecting a 64K type 22 image isn't necessarily wrong, and these images either should be truncated to 32K or changed to type 8 (Williams 64K). But then there's a purity/practicality factor.
  3. This is just a public service video I wanted to share. TL;DW - be patient with the insertion process.
  4. Well given it was only the JP sms that had it integrated and no way to easily add it to the US/EU ones (even today you need lift components and solder the audio channels) I wouldn’t say “overlooked”. Granted you can play those games now with fm on a genesis via the mega everdrive x7 and pro but that’s a totally different solution imho. Did the JP power base converter support fm? ( nope : https://www.smspower.org/forums/6634-SMSFMSoundOnMegaDrivePowerbaseConverter )
  5. Dashopepper 21,000 Roland 16,200 tried every level but could never make it more then a few seconds in those tunnels. Weather has been nice and the kids have started sports so not as much free time now as earlier in the year which I would need to get this down.
  6. I think the most recent arcade home version I added to this list was Tron (Arcade Port) by @orange808. It's just outstanding IMO. You can read my little write up about it here. Okay, guys. Currently, we have listed Atari 2600 home versions for 173 arcade games. And a few more Atari 2600 games categorized as being "Not Arcade, But Similar." Guys, what other errors/omissions/changes do you see that need to be made? Please post your comments, below!
  7. For MVS there is some here http://mvs.arcadebelgium.be/ There’s more for sure for example wrt difficulty: Aero Fighters 3: Due to a bug, the game is permanently fixed to the hardest difficulty when played on the European BIOS. Ninja Commando: The Japanese BIOS gives the player two lives, while in the western BIOS, you start with only one. Strikers 1945 PLUS: The Japanese BIOS starts the player with three lives, while the western BIOS gives you two. Also (from a thread at the neo-geo.com forum) “Well put in the Street Hoop CD and set to jap, the game runs in japanese and shows dunk dreams with international teams. Set the Neo Cd to EUR the game will show up as Street Hoop is in english with international teams. Set the Neo CD to Us the game will show Street Slam with NBA Teams.”
  8. http://rolentapress.com/memorabilia/digital-press-10/elis-ladder.htm He is missing things: Manual 6 switch overlay 4 switch overlay Thought bubble sheet 2 spaceship award charts set of round stickers Addition/ Subtraction sheet
  9. Only downfall is player 2 is also red due to if I left it green, player 2's head would have been red and the rest green. If you wish a version like that, let me know! head down to the sewers for a game of bowling with everyone's favorite plumber! plumber bowling.bin
  10. @shane857, since you like weapon-based fighting games, Kabuki Klash will fit the bill. It’s a weapon-based fighter based on a very popular Anime series. You can use your weapons as projectiles and fight barehanded. There’s magic and a giant demon boss named Lucifeller. I highly recommend you buy it for the Neo-Geo CD.
  11. This is the type of game that I would NOT have been interested back in the day, but in 2024, I really kinda like it. I got a little bit better at each stage and managed to finish two stages in the same game (A and D). Anyone know if this game is on other systems? I could see myself finishing all 4 stages but will let it rest for a while. My highest score was 127,800 Here's the elusive bonus screen that appears when you actually clear a stage:
  12. Asteroids included a 1-sheet flyer titled, "Attention: Atari Asteroids Game Program cartridge owners," telling new owners how much the VCS game is like the original coin-op arcade game and how it is different. I believe Rescue Bira Bira, a homebrew hack of Jungle Fever, included a tiny wooden Tiki statue (presumably of Bira Bira). But somebody who knows for sure better check on that. -Ben
  13. The graphical differences appear in just about every Neo Geo game. Sometimes it’s the title screen, other times the in-game blood is green (US, Europe) and red (Japan). I don’t believe a list has ever been created to catalog the differences. I would like something like that to exist.
  14. Before this failure, I had never even heard of Cornhole before, why would anyone think this is a hit-selling idea? 🤔
  15. Well, I had a chance to give this another go, and I even surprised myself. SCORE: 162,248 This is one tough game. I think I just had a lucky run. I was sort of curious about other versions of the game, so I cracked out my Retron 77 and played the 2600 version, which was surprisingly really very good. Then I fired up my MAME cabinet and checked out the arcade version, which is also very HARD.... Ultimately, I really think the Intellivision version is quite excellent, which is a rarity for a more action heavy arcade game. This was a fun High Score Club game. I'm glad I had the chance to really focus on it for a week.
  16. ATARI 2600: Tapper - 10 minutes ATARI 5200: Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom - 25 minutes Moon Patrol - 10 minutes ATARI 8-BIT COMPUTERS: Arkanoid - 80 minutes Arkanoid II [Pink Softhard] - 40 minutes Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom - 60 minutes Crossfire - 50 minutes Jungle Hunt - 10 minutes Mr. Dig - 60 minutes Mr. Do! - 170 minutes Mr. Do's Castle - 5 minutes Pinhead - 5 minutes Tapper - 80 minutes Tiger Attack - 10 minutes Zybex - 25 minutes
  17. I love Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move Shane. I remember growing up that I use to whistle the music of the game when I was on my way walking to school and the same coming home. Still love this game and too bad a official AES release was never offered to the public. 😮 Anthony..
  18. I second that Matt. Can't go wrong with Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury Special. A must for any gamers collection for sure. Anthony..
  19. Today
  20. So true Vidio. I made sure to have The Last Blade 1 and 2 in the collection. What fantastic games they are during the later part of the Neo-Geo's software span Anthony..
  21. Thanks for reminding me what happens when I type half awake. Anyway, it looks like you're the one who inserted the extra "talking about" in my quote, now.
  22. I am running a PAL JAG so it's good to know that the CD unit does the same. I copied it onto a new SD card and it plays with way fewer glitches. Played Vid Grid for several hours and it's silky smooth and very addictive.
  1. Load more activity