All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A new Master System game on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/multi-platform-puzzle-game-about-climate-change/coming_soon
  3. In another post I mentioned I bought a reproduction cartridge of ‘Snow Brothers’ for the NES. It was playable, but plagued by many graphical bugs and glitches. However, I liked the colorful visuals and the addictiveness of the gameplay, so I decided to shell out for an authentic copy. The cheapest one I could afford on Ebay was $315.00, cartridge only, shipping and tax not included. Some copies were going as high as $600.00 depending on such factors as if it came with a box, included a manual, etc. I’ve known for a while this is a title that demands enormous prices, but why? What is it about this frozen ‘Bubble Bobble’ clone that it demands half a months’ rent just to play it?
  4. Hi all, I'm trying to make sure I didn't forget anyone here, has everyone showing interest here been contacted by me? Thank you.
  5. Here's the loping music. Thoughts, opinions? Would hearing this in the background for five straight minutes drive you mad? I need to ask Nanochess about the MUSIC command. Say you needed all sound channels for a specific melody, one that uses chords. When you're done playing that melody and need the game to start playing sound effects, what do you do to keep the sounds from getting distorted? Do you just shut off all sound channels (SOUND 0,,0, etc.) to reset them? I've been working on an intro for the SG-1000 version, and everything after the Sega jingle ("Saaay-guuuh!") gets kind of grungy-sounding. loping_audio_00.wav
  6. Today
  7. It came in a box with a hang tag, the manual, the cartridge and a slip-cover for the cartridge. As I said, the box is a bit on the worn side, but overall it's still in relatively good shape. I played it for 2 hours yesterday morning and couldn't get past the 2nd level. I kept getting killed by birds and ogre-like creatures inside a building.
  8. Not sure. The label is pretty good for a repro, though.
  9. Like the 2024 re-issue, that came out in November 2023, with copyright 2024 printed on back I guess… I don’t think that a copyright 2023 actually exists…
  10. Yes something is wrong. I started a playthrough on the 400 Mini and when I press the joystick button it lands me in the city.
  11. One piece for me, please to Czech Republic as usual. Many thanks. 🙂
  12. I tried to do that but with the cut corner it's more difficult, it only works in the previous versions without cut corner. Maybe I can try again.
  13. The ABBUC magazine team wants to make one article from each magazine available for free on the ABBUC website. The idea of this poll is to get feedback which article of the ABBUC magazine 156 should be published for free on the ABBUC website. The poll is less for ABBUC members, more for non ABBUC members that don't have access to the magazine but might want to read one of the articles on the ABBUC website.
  14. Sleep is overrated. I just connected my SDrive-MAX, running firmware version 1.2, to USB power and used the touch-screen to try saving settings and they didn't save. I'm not even sure how the config settings are actually stored or retrieved on this. I deleted the SDRIVE.ATR file and the saved settings (that can't be changed) still came up. Formatting the drive did stop them from coming up, but even on a freshly formatted microSD card with the original SDrive-MAX 1.2 SDRIVE.ATR file, I can't save settings either from the device or the SDRIVE program. I haven't used this thing in ages, but I do remember it working previously.
  15. I bought a copy of Chopper Command on ebay but the label was in poor condition as you can see. Found the label image online though the image wasn't perfect, so spent time teaching myself GIMP and tidying up the image. Printed out a few tests on my bubble jet, then printed a final version on photo paper. Used double sided tape to stick it to the cart. I'm thrilled with the result. It probably took me way more effort than someone else who knows what they are doing but I was quite proud of it. I have a few other Activision carts though none are as bad as this was, but will slowly aim to do them over time. EDIT PS also did Enduro, see the result below. Label isn't quite the same as there seem to be two different versions of it around but it looks fantastic.
  16. Currently the blogsite is not hosted on my own server , that is something I'm looking into
  17. My instructions are to download the pre-compiled xc3sprog binary from my website. Instead of depending on the no longer maintained apt repository from matrix.one.
  18. Yea. but I do not engage at all a higher level. i do not play like decades ago. I played a lot in the past. In last 3 decades i play mostly games like Víctor Prada's The Children. Games that are divided to small chunks, levels. Also Another Word was designed better for my taste that Blob... But still. The author or authors of Blob still should be extremely pleased that i compared Blob to a masterpiece. Another Word (Out of This World) is widely called a masterpiece. Am I right?t?
  19. 28,150 new score The critters aren't so bad, but that damn gorilla. 😆
  20. Wow Mydos is still very popular. I use disk base Sparta dos / SDX and Mydos. After a 20 year hiatus I see some new dos's that I need to checkout once I fully setup my 8bit work space. From that chart theres still many not using the Command-line interface.
  21. I just checked it and am seeing the same issue. I'll have to figure it out later when I'm not so tired from all the running around over the weekend. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!
  22. My doctor's office is, maybe, ten miles from my house. The bills arrive with a postmark in a city a hundred-and-some miles away, in another state. And the Feds keep carping about people using fuel... K-R.
  1. Load more activity