All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @RickyDean I hope they work OK The '245 chips seem to be mislabelled though, "LVS" should be "LVC".
  3. [SOLUTION] I found a bug I was unable to duplicate, because I had a setting in my start_local_sd.sh file that no one else is likely to have. Two methods to resolve for now (choose one, or even both): Search and find any game entries set to game type "18" (there will be 3 from CV quick start) and change them to anything acceptable such as "2" and the 3 CV games will then work fine from the GUI. or Replace the \data\start_local_sd.sh file with the attached file The start_local_sd.sh will normally just reject any game type that is not getting trapped, and as a result, the start script exits without executing the runme script. The attached file will trap type "18". The options above provide a quick resolution for now, but I will change the Quick Start deployment for CV games to use a game type that is trapped by default. start_local_sd.sh
  4. I've been tinkering with @JasonACT's toy. I am adding two uson pads (circled) for APS6404L-3SQR-ZR uson memory ic's as I accidently bought 10 of these on my first try of ordering the BOM for this device instead of APS6404L-3SQR-SN sop. It was a time trying to figure out where to put the first one that corresponds to U2, the one in U7's footprint was much easier. I hope thes don't violate design rules to much and are producable.
  5. Hello everyone, my name is John Peter, I'm an Atari game programmer, I started in this market last year, I still need to learn and perfect my games. I created an RPG game, in fact it is a saga of four games, each one will have a different theme and gameplay, the character's appearance will also change, there will be puzzles to "increase" the difficulty. I will be providing a link to download the game's ROM and the manual I created, with the manual you won't be lost, having tips to get through a puzzle. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ymb9cnl73zv967f/Quest%21_Fire_%28NTSC%29.bin/file https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ns3iecsk3yszo/Manual+(EUA)
  6. That is font 11 in XB 2.9 G.E.M. Font 3 is a similar bold font that I like better. The capital letters are 6 pixels wide, so unfortunately this would not work on a TI99 in 40 column text mode.
  7. Hi! You can use the -l option to the command line compiler to convert your program to a fully ASCII form: fastbasic -l myprog.bas This will convert all control characters to hexadecimal syntax, indent and reformat your code. Newer versions (on github) also can specify the output file name, and if you want an extended or minimized listing. Have Fun!
  8. Maybe a good idea to just update the 512K of flashram on the PlusCart with the classic game library and new downloads periodically. This can also help when there is a local trunk out or other service problem. Is it possible to construct a cable to update the flashram?
  9. The more I think about it, Sunsoft, SNK, and DC Comics should have negotiated to create Neo Geo ports of the former's two Batman games. Then again, there was the Atari Games/Tengen Batman and what Acclaim and Iguana did with Batman Forever: The Arcade Game. (Neo Batman would have been awesome to have.)
  10. Don't you just hate it when someone makes a post about an arcade game that wasn't released for the ColecoVision, and you think someone's making a port of it to the ColecoVision, except the post is "Wow, don't you wish this game was on the ColecoVision?" This is kind of like one of those posts. Except Alley Cat isn't an arcade game, and I've actually done my homework. Using Tursi's image conversion tool, I've made a couple of ColecoVision ROMs to illustrate what Alley Cat could look like if someone ported it. What I'm learning from this experience is that porting games to the ColecoVision means a lot of compromise, and tailoring specifically for the console. The apartment that works as a hub in Alley Cat looks completely different from the IBM PC Jr. and Atari computer versions, and I don't think there's realistically any way around that. It gives the game (or the prospective game) a different feel from those versions, for better or worse. It's all a little... loud. (I considered putting shadows behind the garbage cans to hide the black parts on their bottoms, but I worried that it would camouflage the cat.) I've also included images for those of you who don't want to spend the time starting a ColecoVision emulator. There's very little difference. alley cat cv.rom alley cat cheese.rom
  11. Aliens colors: Grayscale src /na Atari8man_Aliens.xex
  12. Today
  13. Hi everyone! A while back I made very hires scans of my pride and joy - the boxed & complete Sega CDX I have. The box is a little beat up, but nothing photo editing software cant smooth out. Since cool folks like consoleboxes uk are making awesome repro stuff, I thought now as a good time to upload the scans. I put them on Sega Retro because that site rules, and Ive gotten so many scans from them over the years I also uploaded a better hires scan of the Panorama Cotton manual, courtesy of some ultra-kind soul on the Sega-16 forums who I sadly cannot recall the username. If those forums go back up later I will give them their due credit! If someone makes a great quality reproduction of these scans, please let me know because I'd actually like to buy them too! https://segaretro.org/Special:Contributions/Segasonicfan Attached here is the Panorama Cotton manual since it was small enough to upload Enjoy! Panorama Cotton Manual Scan 03.pdf
  14. Best I could manage - 75 colours. There's just not enough resolution to really pull any details here. Stephen_StarshipLaunch.xex
  15. oh thanks, I already have a contact for the host. I was just wondering if other people had reached out already. I just dont want to bug them with the same questions.
  16. oh Im always here, just cant post regularly cause life gets in the way of the games! But love what you do and always enjoy the new Neo Geo news
  17. That is awesome and good to know. Thank you for sharing!
  18. I'll join in on this one. 142,825 I've experienced a game freeze a few times over the decades playing the Qbert's Qubes cartridge. I never made a note of it to track when it happens but it seems like a rare occurrence. Have a great time with the family, Northcoastgamer!!!
  19. Guy made a NES game from scratch but used the Larry IP without having the rights. How do you feel about such projects as this?
  20. Dude, I already mentioned in an earlier thread that someone had bootlegged some games I made... How's the Xbox market in Russia, btw. Is that market quite robust then? Is that the market that is giving you the most royalties?
  21. Prototype cab art drafts for those who like to Archive. All rights reserved, this is not an invitation to produce anything, but rather share archival files. What other games would you like to see: If anyone wants to do a moch up of some other titles, please let us know. These would be interesting: Pac-Man Ms Pac-Man Galaga Cosmic Avenger Pepper 2 Venture or anything else that you can think of that may be cool to see.
  22. Wow, definitely giving that a try! Thanks! I think I’ve died and it didn’t come back, but not by using select. Also did not clear a world from the state so I’ll give both a shot!
  1. Load more activity