All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday our baby cat Sprite passed away in an tragic accident while we were on vacation. He was the gentlest, sweetest cat to ever enter into our lives. He loved to play and cuddle with his brother Atari, chase elusive lasers and watch the chirping birds from our patio with his paws draped over the arm of the chair. His tail hugs were always welcomed and freely given to us all day long. He had the softest fluffiest black fur that grew fluffier by the year and had a incredible fascination with the water in his water dish. Always curious, he would follow you up and down the stairs and from room to room and would roll around on the bed when you were in the bedroom, asking you to pet him. Both Tanya and my hearts are completely empty and Atari roams the house crying to find his missing brother. We love you so much Sprite, you were our everything. We lost you way too soon, you were supposed to be here for so much longer. Feb 23, 2022 – May 13, 2024
  3. No, it's not. Again, it's more like they bought all their neighbor's stuff after he died and changed their name to his name. The original entity died and nothing can change that fact.
  4. Sorry for the delay in responding. In fact, the situation with the blinking elevators is that a bug occurred during the modification. I didn't care about repairing this and left it as a difference, but I can check if it can be fixed, without having to redo the rom hack again. The life icon has a fix, but it will look a little strange.
  5. Hi @cmart604 - I’ll bring some to PRGE 2024 for you for free. It will be my first time. Anthony
  6. 67 colours for this 76 Charger. Stephen_76Charger.xex
  7. Obsession - Atari ST game | Atari Legend I have both a Mega STe and 1040STe (USA models) When I play Obsession Pinball on the Mega STe it lacks the music when a missed ball goes down the drain. The disappointed little tune it plays when you lose a ball. On the 1040STe that jingle plays fine. On the Mega STe just some quiet ticks can be heard. All other music and sounds seem to be playing fine on the Mega STe. Is this an incompatibility with the Mega STe? Can someone confirm if that is normal, or something is wrong with my Mega STe? **Never mind. I just fired up the Mega STe and it is working fine. Must have been bugged last time I tried to play as I had been playing a few games beforehand.
  8. Another thought could be to use '@' instead of '*' to make it easier to read. rem ** use to access sprites beginning at $4000: plotsprite bg_top@4 0 x y 0 rem ** instead of my first idea of: plotsprite bg_top*0 0 x y 0 rem ** use to access sprites beginning at $5000: plotsprite bg_top@5 0 x y 0 rem ** instead of my first idea of: plotsprite bg_top*1 0 x y 0
  9. Nice brochures! I might have paid the return shipping just to get those. Lol
  10. The Loot Box has arrived in Australia this morning, thank you @Morpheus. I have taken a few boxes games and bits and pieces. There is a truckload of treasures in there. I regret to advise that boxed Carnival continues to travel the world. I have added the following - - Reproduction Stadium Mud Buggies Box - Reproduction Triple Challenge Box - Lifestyle Electronics (AU) Boxed Variants x 5 - Brown ECS & Keyboard - Australian Brochures I will post this back to @Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog this afternoon. I’ll post the tracking when it’s done.
  11. I'm going to be there as well, along with Rick. I *might* even have some Flashback controller adapter cables for sale.
  12. Yesterday
  13. When you say 65C02, do you mean the Sally CPU? The 800 only had 6502B and Sally. Sally, however, is sometimes noted as a 6502C[ustom], not to be confused with a real 6502C, nor a 65C02
  14. yea i've never done a solid A/B comparison of 8 vs 16 but it do wonder how noticeable it would be. seems like 8 would be enough.
  15. I get what you're saying, but ideas like this are not always obvious even to those who have the knowhow. I've had some great suggestions made for things that I've developed. Things I didn't know existed. Dip switches and a little planning could make this possible. I am surprised though that they made the longplay controller, which i get has it's unique design, came out before anyone made a reproduction (or at least a close one attempt) of the original. i get that the INTV flashback would certainly qualify as a reproduction for sure but were not sold as such. Not exactly ideal to force someone to buy a whole system for replacement / alternate controls. Then to boot that they (from what i hear, not sure if it's true) messed up the wiring that was intended to be backwards compatible with Sears/INTV II. I did not know about this port. This makes me wonder if this might be the way to go for the light gun adapter we'd like to tackle this year. I'm not a big fan of requiring batteries.. but didn't know of any other options. Though I admit requiring the intellivoice does mean that many less potential customers.. and i'm not sure people are willing to damage their precious intellivoices to hook something up to it. if the panel pops out and can be put back that would be a different matter. This also goes back to the idea that "if it were easy.." but it's not easy if you don't know the options, or sometimes even know there is a need. I'm let handed. I love joysticks on the left side.. I'd never think someone wants to reverse the long play.. though I must say thinking through it.. the number pad would be tricky to invert unless you added some kind of overlay.. that then has game overlays over it.. possible but yea.. tricky.. though i think if someone designed the inversion to not necessarily be effortless could make things easier to design for to be longlasting. or you just expect people to be able to make sense of a 12 number pad and simply not label them.. if 1-2 of the buttons were raised that would help a person quickly feel the middle (like doing this to "5" and "8") I made the INTV 2 FB adapters kinda for no reason other than I had some mistaken PCBs for the FB to INTV adapters I was meaning to make (got the traces mixed up) and thought to myself "who's going to actually be looking to play with original controllers on the FB?" Then people bought them because yea, they had worn out their FB controllers or their Ultimate FB.. go figure
  16. Supergun

Movie Cart

Very nice. Thanks for the info! Just curious, I noticed you used a 2600 Coleco cartridge shell rather then a standard Atari brand shell. Any particular reason? Like was it just personal preference or what you happened to have on-hand, or does the board fit better inside that shell than an Atari shell?
  17. I just ordered an Atarimax. I don't know why people don't want to take PayPal. Oh well.
  18. Great! You're welcome. And thank you, kbr for the hardcoded sector info.
  19. Do you have an EPROM programmer? I've got boards that would work if the answer is yes. Otherwise, it looks like the Atarimax Ultimate SD is still available from Atarimax. The ColecoVision can handle a 32K ROM file without bankswitching. If you go over that, you've either got to make your program smaller, or use bankswitching.
  20. I love it! Now I challenge you to add more colour and detail to the tile patterns
  21. I'm much further along in the code disassembly. There is some brilliant 9995 code in there. Details on the other thread, but these are now certain: CRU map 0000 9901 0040 9902 serial port A 0080 9902 (not populated) 0140 something 0180 something 0FC0 something CPU Memory Map (top 2 address bits go through a PAL) 0000-7FFE EPROM 8000-83FE memory mapped area. Registers used to access 34010 memory. 8400-BFFE EPROM bank switched: 8400-BFFE or C400-FFFE. C000-FFFE Static RAM The EPROM mixes code, strings, data, and pointer tables. I've got most of the 34010 disassembler disassembled. (Learning the 34010 opcodes!) It uses a neat "sieve" to match instructions.
  22. How can I test my game on a real Colecovision? When do I need to start worrying about bankswiching? I've been working on a game this past week or so about potato chips shooting down pretzels armed with onion rings with French fries. I think it's now at a point where I can let people in on my game. Just remember a few things: there is no level 2 yet. this is not a final product. This can (and probably will) change a lot. Thoughts? chips6.rom
  1. Load more activity