All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY Today I’m gonna be playing some M.A.S.H. This game is my original cartridge from way back when! I logged many hours on this game 1 or 2 players. Like any game playing against a human opponent adds more intense game play. But it’s fun either way! THE OBJECTIVE: You are Hawkeye Pierce, Chief Medical Surgeon of the 4077th MASH. Your responsibilities include rescuing injured men from the battlefield, performing surgery in the operating room, or, in an alternative game, picking up Colonel Potter's skydiving medics. You pilot your chopper low through the trees, avoiding shells fired at you from a North Korean tank. After picking up the medics or wounded and rushing them back to the hospital, the pressure really starts to get heavy. Time is running out for the injured men and you must operate. You have to work fast. You are competing with your fellow surgeons, either B.J. Hunnicut, Trapper John Mcintyre or Frank Burns.
  3. I was trying to edit the firmware 1.30c using a disk sector editor (HEX editor?) searching for 'Paddle Games' to see if I could change the text to 'ColecoVision' or 'Coleco/Paddle' or 'Coleco/INTV' or 'CV/INT/Pad' - since I don't play paddle games, Coleco games would interest me more. Anyway, didn't find anything, maybe the firmware has to be unzipped or something??? I did find a 5200 menu (proto) ROM, but would need a game programmer know-how, it also does lock up at times.
  4. The Tomy Tutor and Mattel Aquarius versions are up on his site now too.
  5. I did try D1 with the first program (blue screen), the second one requires the file to be mounted to D4.
  6. Thanks, I will add this info to my post once I get home. Sry, but I didn’t see the responses to my post.
  7. No, I was just mounting the file to D1 on my SDrive Max and cold booting from there. I didn’t know the file had to be launched from DOS. Does it matter which DOS?
  8. I never bashed the actual specs or power of the Jaguar. To be honest thinking about it the worst console of all time is probably the Philips CDI. Anyway, the specs of a console don't mean much if there aren't many good games for the system. Sure the Jaguar had a few great games as you and others have mentioned but nowhere near enough to persuade many people to choose it over a Nintendo, Sega or Sony console. Yeah it had Wolfenstein and a damn nice version of it at that but by that time many people had a PC and could play it on that. Sure it had Flashback but again that game was on the Megadrive, PC, Amiga and other platforms. I won't comment on NBA Jam because I don't like sports games nor will I comment much on games like Tempest 2K and Defender 2K though it does go back to what I said about rehashing old Atari arcade games and by that time almost all arcade genre games except for fighting games and racing games were no longer popular. Around the time the Jaguar was new and supported by Atari I had an Amiga 500 plus, a 486DX2/66, a SNES and not long after a Saturn (which I sold to buy a Playstation not long after) and had no interest at all in the Jaguar. Probably around 2005 I had bought a second hand boxed Jaguar with two games, Wolfenstein 3D and Cybermorph. Wolf 3d was great but Cybermorph was a joke. The console was a UK PAL-I but I live in a PAL-B/G region and so the sound didn't work and I only had an RF cable for it. Anyway, its not the only console I think was not good as I also feel the same about the 3DO and CDI and despite being an Amiga fanboy even the Amiga CD32 was in my opinion a stupid console and yes I do have one but never use it.
  9. heavysixer woody lightsixer woody 4-switch woody darth vader lightsixer sears 4-switch sears sears II junior short rb junior long tb junior black coleco gemini think i sort of only miss the heavysixer sears of official releases...
  10. RPK format for MAME (Retrobat,etc.) antiair.rpk
  11. Not played Blink's Scary School or The Great Escape before so don't know what they're like. Last Ninja 2 on the C64 is very good, but I can't vouch for the BBC/A8 version. All the others a really good games and are probably well known to most people
  12. Some variations along these lines to see, in case.. I guess if none of those seem like improvement then you can be more confident of the original choice. I do prefer the A right in between the P and D in the other designs but with this one I don't know. *It does bother me a little bit that it will only be seen in blue and white. Can you cycle colors or something? Or maybe it random picks different colors every startup? Not a big deal obviously but would be neat.
  13. You were right the first time. There were lots of games in the sale, none of which were called “Last Chance” as far as I know. It was all unofficial ports that are no longer available due to Atari’s purchase of AtariAge and, you know, possible legal ramifications and all that boring stuff.
  14. I was presuming that you know that you can kick the balloons up in the air if you don't quite get there in time
  15. Gotcha. Well at least you get 5 lives (plus bonuses) to compensate for bad luck. Thanks!
  16. So... I'll try to be as politically correct here as I can. I would say for the most part, you have to recognize the current "movement." Back when I was in school, being gay was weird, and we'd make fun of you unless we know that you were outright gay, in which case we were understanding and most people were cool with it (at least my friends). Today, more than half of middle and high schools are some form of "other," and well... being bi is super-acceptable. I'm not going to make any judgements here, but you know, most kids are trying to figure themselves out in middle and early high school... so it's just what it is. Almost all my daughter's friends are "other." With all of that in mind, you have to recognize that most of the people this game attracts is going to be the younger generation, and well... it appropriately reflects the staffing at WoTC. Also, this is really indicative of the people in the Steam Forums too. Mostly younger kids... mostly all biologically white males... almost all of them trans or have furry-related names. As for what you're saying... yes, pretty much. Basically, everyone you recruit is kind of hitting on you all the time, regardless of what your gender is. Honestly, I should have a female character because I'd much rather be looking at a shapely 4K female but than some dude walking around... but when I play these games, I always attempt to do so how I would want to portray myself in these times... so I pick a dude / Paladin. But based on my assumption, if I was to create a female character, everyone would still be hitting on me, regardless. Think of literally every character being "fluid" ... and there's no mention anywhere of sex or gender, or preference. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that you might start going down a conversation path with one of your teammates, that ends up being sexual in nature when you don't want it to be. One of the earlier conversations you can have with the first male characters you find that joins your party, is where the wizard offers to teach you magic. I'm like... OK, this sounds great. Now... I've never been on the male dating scene before, so maybe I missed an obvious innuendo there, but I was going right along... and then the Wizard started getting really close to me, speaking softly into my ear, and I'm like... dude... I'm not really into this. Except, there's no "Dude, I'm not really into this," option. So, you either have to fail a roll... (ah man, I screwed up my magic), or click the "Leave" button. I mean... I wanted to learn some magic... that's all I wanted. And then the thief... if you fail a perception roll (he tricks you), he'll get on top of you and puts a knife to your neck, and starts commenting about how sexy your neck is. Later in the game, he starts trying to get really intimate with you and asking if he can just take a little nibble, and that it'll be great for both of you (he's a vampire). And again, there's no... "Dude, I'm not into this," option. Again, I have to assume the responses are exactly the same regardless of whether you pick a male or female (or... the male / female body type, because they aren't defined that way). Easiest way to say it is... everyone secretly wants a piece of you... even when they're pissed. So, you just have to pick your responses carefully or it could take you down a certain path. You can't be innocent when you play this game, you have to assume literally everyone wants your junk. Once you get the hang of it though, it's really not a big deal. The game plays really, really well... but the time-suck thing is a problem for me. I've got tons of home renovations and schoolwork I should be doing, but for like 5 days straight after work, I've been playing it. I think I've got 29 hours so far, and I feel like a loser. Hahah... I was asking a question on the Steam Forums, and I couldn't remember the characters names, but used descriptors "the one-horned Devil Lady" to which I was very scolded and reminded that her name is Karlach of the Tieflings (apparently you can bang her too). This one guy got really mad at me, and told me I was trying to be cool and act like a rapper (or something). I don't know, but I looked at his information and he had over 790 hours in Balder's Gate 3. I politely reminded "Lord Nibbler" that while I'm not trying to be judgy, 790 hours equates to literally half a year's worth of full-time work at 40 hours a day. So... you can apparently really get addicted to this game. A friend bought it for me... so if you want to save your money... don't buy it. It's good... go out and start running every night, do push ups... do anything other than play this game. EDIT: This is what I put as the heading of my post asking for questions... "One-Horned Teifling and the Tyr guy in the village with all the dead people..." I didn't remember the girl's name, but my concern was that she was upset with me for something she thought I did, which I know I clearly didn't do. Bottom line, I kind of played the game where I would just explore and keep walking through doors rather than "clearing the fog of war" on every map. So I set off a bunch of variables that basically caused things to happen that I didn't necessarily want to happen. I'm restarting the game so I can play through a little bit more slowly and not rush it. Most people were really helpful, but this was the comment I'm talking about, which was hilarious... Like, I didn't want to insult the guy, he obviously takes it very seriously. But damn... I'm a 46 year old man... I've got a family, a full time job, lots of hobbies, and a child who's life I'm very involved in (she's in multiple sports, music, etc... and we have to drive her around and participate). Not to mention I'm constantly going to school to get degrees. So shit on me if I want to play a game and forget the names of the characters... haha...
  17. Today
  18. The Smithsonian Speech Synthesis History Project, conducted by H. David Maxey in 1986-2002, has a LOT of useful background on the field, including a section on TI's efforts, with a quote from Goudie indicating that the TIPC speech board used a modified version of MITalk (also covered in the SSSHP project). Among other things, there is referenced an IEEE Spectrum article by Frantz and Wiggins that may be of interest here; @FarmerPotato has probably read it (probably posted a link here, too, but I'm too busy reorganizing a bunch of stuff to look) but it may be of use to others. I don't have access myself, regrettably. 1982 Frantz, Gene A. and Richard H. Wiggins, "Design case history: Speak & Spell learns to talk," IEEE Spectrum, Feb. 1982, pp. 45-49. Development of Speak & Spell speech synthesizer.
  19. Wow! It looks really good. You can go up to 32K for your games. Currently, there is no support for bank-switching. I'm working on more optimization for the CVBasic compiler so you can regain a few kilobytes in big programs.
  20. Short IRG mode with a delay between SIOV calls should be enough -- it should already be writing continuous mark tone (1) after the end of each block.
  21. As for some trivia in between, some time ago I learned that "case" still refers to the set of letters of the typesetter, when the typesetter had one case (the upper case) with the capitals sorted in, and another one below with the small letters. Although Gutenberg invented the printing press, we don't have a similar (known) term in German, just "big letter" and "small letter". By the way, the lower case letters are from medieval times (8th century), and the capitals, of course, from the Romans. I also learned that in Arabic, you have four "cases": starting, middle, ending, and isolated.
  22. Yes, tested w/a Hyperkin (before 8bitdo retro arrived) and then yesterday w/a Gemini controller (after thorough testing w/the dongle + adapter cable): both controllers worked fine. Tested at both ports.
  23. Autocorrector guilty! I never noticed when the computer added automatically the extra period. I've removed it. I've cleaned the code a lot in v0.4.4 so the interrupts are enabled early. Because the interrupt handler runs early, your song auto-start fails because #vgm_song is zero. I've made this patch at the start of vgm_play and now it works just fine: IF #vgm_pointer = 0 THEN IF #vgm_song <> 0 THEN GOSUB vgm_start RETURN END IF
  24. @ZeroPage Homebrew Thanks James! (Just an FYI the magics are all down, back, fire or down, forward, fire or down, up. The yellow ninja will crash the game if doing down, forward, fire magic as I haven't finished coding his spear move yet.) Holding down+fire in the air is jump punch. (I left a DEBUG in that changes characters for testing if doing a straight up and down jump punch). Simply standing and pressing fire performs a low kick. During the knee bend animation press up for high kick or away for roundhouse.
  1. Load more activity