All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Plok's music is great, it's the gameplay that sucks... I tried so hard to like it, but I'm not buying the story anymore that Miyamoto loved it and would have let it be licensed if it didn't so called seem as a threat to yoshi's island. Mario/Yoshi had no fear from this one, the handling and unbalanced gameplay and challenge just sucks, coupled with it being overly long with no save feature it's a hot mess of many great aesthetics and ear treats and wretched mechanics.
  3. Ah, well if that's the case then it will still look better on the FinalGrom with the changes I proposed, I think you just won't get the customized MTS. I implemented the changes, and they work well in emulators, but I too don't have a finalgrom at hand to test on . And I'm going to wait and see if I need to be concerned about @publicarni's bug report before releasing a new version. Man, this game is complicated to test though, lot's of moving parts!
  4. Sorry to be a nuisance but I'm still having some trouble here, though I'm further along. I've downloaded all the above tools and followed the above outline. I took a few SBF files and first I put them through the bin2inc tool with the same parameters as outlined above to create an .a99 file. I then edited that file in Notepad and added the DEF MUSIC at the top and END at the bottom. Then I assembled this with WinAsm99 (under assembler options I chose Produce HEX Obj File and did not check off the compressed obj box so as to leave it uncompressed (bear with me, this is the first time I ever used this or assembled code so I don't really know what I'm doing). So this made the .OBJ file and I loaded that in Classic99 under the Editor/Assembler in the way described above with EDIT/PRINT--everything seemed to go smoothly and it produced a file. I'm not sure how to play the file though... I opened the example program that plays the GUILE tune and changed the filename to point to my file but this gives me an I/O ERROR 02 when trying to load. Does this have something to do with the size of the music being different than the original supplied tune or some difference in the addressing? I was looking around in the BASIC code and I couldn't figure it out--looked to me like the code was setup to auto-detect addressing and stuff... I also did try out that VGM2XB converter but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with the few VGMs I tried. I see from the original posting that it was based on an older version of the VGM Compressor toolkit so perhaps it only works with SN76489 type VGMs (I was trying Gameboy and NES). While I think Tursi's player would be the more efficient route for any reasonably complex music, I do think VGM2XB could be very useful for sfx at least and will delve further at some point.
  5. Nah, nothing else to do during the driving sections. I think in the original design it was meant to convince you to be smart about driving around on the map. The length of the drive correlates to the number of dots you layed down on the map screen, so the more economical you are getting to flashing buildings, the less time you have to waste on the road. I had never heard of the Necker Cube, but I've certainly experienced!
  6. I lived in Pittsburgh for about a year and every week we would hit the local Dave & Busters. They had a few retro inspired games. Including that awesome two-player sit-down version of Space Invaders, a GIANT PacMan and Galaga, as well as a few variations of standalone Pac-Man type games. (6 player, clear a ticket earlning version, etc...) These new Atari games would fit right into the Dave & Busters arcades. I'd play em.
  7. In case you missed it in Atari General, the first of the Atari Recharged games to get the coin-op treatment will be Asteroids. I had the chance to see the cabinets this past Friday and even help a little on their construction. More behind-the-scenes details and other aspects about it can be found here.
  8. Thanks for testing! Can I ask which version you downloaded (from which post)? I thought I had fixed the endless loop issue a few releases ago... 😕 Aargh! I really hope you used an older version . I did go in and test with the 'MARTIN' account, and was able to reproduce the display bug. That has been fixed now. Also note, the PK ENERGE value you see in the screenshot there is also a result of the display bug. I'll share the fixed binaries once I get confirmation on the endless loop thing.
  9. So is there actually any difference in these revisions? Or it's the same game?
  10. Scores so far: grips03 40,904 Rick Dangerous 18,724 grips03 60,706 agradeneu 76,810 masematte 68,615 Rick Dangerous 40,513 piter 69,828 Rick Dangerous 45,013 piter 79,823 piter 82 018 Rick Dangerous 56,208 agradeneu 95,617 madman 16,510 agradeneu 106,037 madman 50,915 grips03 73,512 agradeneu 126,030 gripso3 80,323 ZeroPage-James 57,224 grips03 97,419 alucardX 76,417 krull 82,021 LEADING SCORE: agradeneu 126,030
  11. More Sharp Shot MADNESS... This time I broke the Sub Shoot HSC Record +3... 😏 Further scoring at this point will be extremely difficult to get. Football Toss = 105 Space Gunner = 84 Sub Shoot = 51 Maze Shoot = 54 Total combined score = 294
  12. I'd definitely buy those micro-switched wireless CX-40s, and the transparent shell looks cool. 🙂
  13. Digging around, I found some additional data on Heiner Martin's board (I received it from @Flottmann1 a while back) which might come in useful. I think the file describing the Type 2 board was a translation I did quite a while back. . . I also included images of an EGROM board with Advertizer on it for comparison, along with the Advertizer manual, which is relatively hard to find. Note that this weird TI cartridge does NOT show up on the title screen--it just adds a bunch of routines to TI BASIC. heiner_cartridge.pdf Heiner Martin Cartridge Board-Type 2 (English).pdf Advertiser.pdf
  14. Atari let the cat out of the bag sooner than expected so here you go. The first of the bunch is Asteroids. Atari's Asteroids Recharged Is Coming To Amusement Expo 2024
  15. Arrived today - only took a week to get here.
  16. You sunk my BATTLESHIP! ⚓
  17. Okay, so with the Xcontrol panel open and the Color Setup CPX active, my 4 color boxes are set to: White - 15,15,15 Black - 0,0,0 Red - 15,0,0 Green - 4, 6, 8 Now keep in mind, I've noticed on different machines that sometimes even if you set your numbers exactly like mine, you still might not see the exact same shade of color. So using green, set it to 4,6,8 like mine, then look and see what the results are. If a person isn't happy with them, then simply adjust each slider, 1 at a time, 1 number up or down at a time, until they get something pleasing to them. At least, that's what I did, since I'm not overly fond of that default green color. HTH's.
  18. Okay, I called in with TAZ this time. Here's a few screenshots:
  19. My pleasure! I'm glad you were able to find a way to include my feedback.
  20. Yes, if you exit out of an MCL file, it will reload main.mcl -Tim
  21. Yes, Colin's blog post and TI's forays into teletext have been referenced here in at least 3 topics now, which is good, because some good history and writing get more circulation. Glad to have you here, Colin!
  22. After playing three games, two as Bird and one as Dr. J, the 7800 version of One-On-One is OK, but not as good as the 8-bit computer version. I went and played One-On-One on my Atari 8-bit computer to confirm and the control of the 7800 version isn't as tight as the computer version and the action is a little more sluggish. Everything just seems slightly off with the 7800 port.
  23. I've just found out the delivery is gonna be from Evri. Oh great they're gonna just launch it out of the van at the house and drive off.
  1. Load more activity