All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. HIGH SCORE CLUB Season 17 Round 3 Game Information Game Name: Burgertime Released by: Arcade: Data East 1982. CV: Mattel Electronics 1983. Settings: Skill 1. CV HSC High Score: Skill 1: 2,872,200 DuggerVideoGames (9/2020 HSC 13). Manual: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Manuals/ColecoVision/Burgertime.pdf This game was chosen by DuggerVideoGames Burgertime Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3 Score 10,000= +2, Score 35,000= +3, Score 60,000= +4, Score 100,000= +5, Score 150,000= +7, Score 500,000= +10, Score 1,000,000 & up= +12 Break a CV HSC High Score= +10 Set a New CV HSC Score= +15 Everyone who Rolls the score receives 100 points for the round. The player with the highest score after rollage at rounds end will be awarded another 10 points. Round Ends: Sunday May 19th at 8:00pm(PST) 11:00pm (EST) The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well. Season 17 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/ Burgertime 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Good Luck! burgertime-1984.rom
  3. One other thing I wanted to point out was regarding the collision detection. I noticed that in at least one instance, my Pac-Man died when it barely touched the ghost. I suppose you are using either hardware collision or checking the position of the sprite objects themselves. In the original Pac-Man, they use a tile-based collision system, in which the grid is divided into tiles, and the position of a sprite is determined based on its center point. A collision was registered if the computed "center tile" for Pac-Man and a ghost matched. Of course, this is not strictly necessary for your game, but it would be really cool for Maximum Pac-Man Retro Accuracy. It shouldn't be too hard -- in fact, this collision system was chosen because it is stupidly simple. Here are a few things to consider: Tiles in the original Pac-Man are 8x8 pixels and sprites are 16x16 pixels. That means that tiles are 1/2 the size of a sprite. For the Intellivision, we can make tiles 4x4 to go with 8x8 sprites. (That's how I do it in Christmas Carol, er, my port of Pac-Man). In Pac-Man, tiles are centered on the path, like this: On the Intellivision, it would look something like this: On the Intellivision, if the background cards are 8x8 pixels, but the "virtual tiles" are 4x4 and centered on a background card, that means that they are offset from a card by 2 pixels from the origin, like this: Therefore, the position of a "virtual tile" is the pixel position of a background card plus two pixels: vtileX = ( column * 8 ) + 2 vtileY = ( row * 8 ) + 2 The center of an Intellivision sprite is 4 pixels offset from its origin, like this: Therefore, we can compute the center of a sprite like this: centerX = posX + 4 centerY = posY + 4 To check collisions on tiles, you can do something like this: ' vtileOffsetX = 2 ' vtileOffsetY = 2 ' Compute Pac-Man's virtual tile position pacmanTileX = (pacmanPosX + vtileOffsetX) / 4 pacmanTileY = (pacmanPosY + vtileOffsetY) / 4 ' Compute Ghost's virtual tile position ghostTileX = (ghostPosX + vtileOffsetX) / 4 ghostTileY = (ghostPosY + vtileOffsetY) / 4 ' Check collision If (pacmanTileX = ghostTileX) And (pacmanTileY = ghostTileY) Then ' Collision!!! End If In fact, that is an IntyBASIC translation of the code I use in Christmas Carol. :) -dZ.
  4. ARTI is a cool new 7800 homebrew inspired by HERO.
  5. Ended up getting a few from the eBay seller. Thanks for the link 🙂
  6. And the software I so far found: - F18A Kart demo https://forums.atariage.com/topic/365566-f18a-karts-demo/#comment-5456032 - F18A Racing demo https://forums.atariage.com/topic/251540-formula-18a-formula-99-formula-99-development/#comment-3491935 - F18A Zaxxon demo https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317864-f18a-zaxxon-demo/#comment-4767755 - F18A Scrolling demo https://forums.atariage.com/topic/207586-f18a-programming-info-and-resources/ - F18A Poly3d https://forums.atariage.com/topic/233580-f18a-3d-graphics/#comment-3149105 And the software lib of js99er in it's repo including the F18A ones. https://github.com/Rasmus-M/js99er-angular/tree/master/src/assets/software
  7. Just a guess, but you might be thinking of the modern game Ridiculous reality, rather than the Alternate Reality RPG series from the 80s. Both of these are amazing games.
  8. He's probably talking about talking about the v1.10 that he and his associates are the only ones with access to, atm.
  9. Tursi's Convert9918A is a really valuable program for converting PC pics to a TI-ARTIST format ( i.e., _P and _C files). I have used it to convert a bunch of pics for use with the SPLASH program by @InsaneMultitasker. Will GIMP handle those files?
  10. Because I am finding AGSP threads all over the forum(in Dedicated Systems and Atari General sections) it should have one place for everything, not scattered, if it was me I would and I have on my forum, AGSP is in one place only. I posted this here so you see it, once you have put it in About forum... AGSP is quite popular and is a officially licenced product by Atari for My Arcade so should have its own section. Like this if you agree...
  11. Nice improvement for bumper bash. Will try and play again later if I have time, as I really like this one
  12. It's not that hard to make a multicart with a menu, think about it some more. . I am not giving it away.
  13. 15200 - improved score dang RB, at the rate you're going you might obliterate the old record!
  14. So i've starting writing my own Atari 2600 flashcart software, which is compatible with Otaku-flash hardware. I want it to work on original Atari 2600 hardware, but don't really care about the 2600+ emulator. I assume it could run on 7800 in future, but i don't really plan on working on that. I managed to solve the powerbank bootup issue by performing what i call a "boot dance", where i catch the CPU from undefined state and then redirect it to the reset vector of the target rom. Successrate isn't exactly 100% but very close to that. If it doesn't work first try (which it usually does), just power off and on the console and it usually works second try. One side-effect of this bootdance is that the system is still in an undefined state once the dance is done. The only thing the dance provides is code execution redirection to the reset vector, but other than that there are no guarantees. Things like CPU flags need to be cleaned up and any hardware "configuration" possibly caused by random writes need to be reset into a good state. Ideally the first piece of code that runs should bring the system into a well-defined state (not sure how much is defined anyways). So now that the initial PoC works, is here anyone who wants to write a rom selection menu? I provide functions to the pico to see the address bus and potential writes to it, so whatever interface works best for the rom selection menu can be used. Ideally the rom selection menu should bring the system into a defined state, not use banking and be able to later redirect execution to the target rom. Also, reading the rom titles should ideally not be done by a "serial" on a single address, but preferably on a range of addresses as that is more resistent to timing issue. If you want to experiment yourself you can find the current WIP code here: https://github.com/tihmstar/Otakutachi Just generate the rom.c with karri's python script, then paste `rom_contents` into `include/rom.h`. I tested the following 3 games and all of them booted at least. (shasum) ce7580059e8b41cb4a1e734c9b35ce3774bf777a Combat ~ Tank-Plus (USA).a26 (no bank switching) 1ffe89d79d55adabc0916b95cc37e18619ef7830 Video Olympics - Pong Sports (USA).a26 (no bank switching) d68937e57a367e61eaa4b44550ae8b9d69456661 Asteroids.A26 (F8 bankswitching) Combat seems to work fine with Otaku-flash as well as Otakutachi. Pong didn't seem to work correctly with either. I could load and run the game, but player 2 bar was missing and i couldn't control player 1 bar myself. Maybe i'm misunderstanding something, but i couldn't figure it out 😕 Asteroids works correctly on Otaku-flash, but has some issue on Otakutachi. The asteroids randomly jump across the screen and when starting a game the player starts at the very top of the screen. Trying to move around often causes the game to crash. I'm wondering whether my bankswitching isn't quite right. Maybe it's switching too late? I don't think it is too early, or is it? Either way, i assume something about the bankswitching is off, since Combat seem to run fine. But then again, Pong didn't work on either 😕 Maybe a custom rom can help debug (bank switching) timing issues? Contributions are welcome. Cheers! demo.mp4
  15. Ha, just remembered I had in my endeavors to get better picture quality for my TI-99/4a bought a TI-99/4a PAL to component AV cable a few years ago, before buying the TI PAL to SCART solution. That cable now comes handy, perfect for extracting the audio from my TI. Yeah. Now perfect VGA picture and audio. IMG_3283.MOV
  16. Today
  17. I should just desolder the chips and dump the raw roms and put them here again and for carts in DSR and mem expansion space
  18. I do not see the 1.10 version for download anywhere, but anyhow, just wanted to report that 1.09 fails on the MiSTer FPGA core in a rather interesting way during the "teeth" loading screen. And the "damage" is permanent, the game loading does not get through this to the game. It is most certainly an issue with the FPGA implementation, but I though you might want to know
  19. It does work! And, Joyride finally works / loads, the screen you see is something I was not able to get to before! So it is an improvement. Some things are still as they were - Rewind demo does not load (crashes very interestingly during loading), Alley Dog loads and runs for a large part, but then the graphics crashes (this was so in the main version too). I also understand from other posts that the status for both Alley Dog and Rewind is the same on EclaireXL, so this is not a question of porting the Eclaire XL changes to MiSTer, but more generally of the compatibility of the FPGA development. As there were also numerous reports of the new Mikie game not working on this and that (including the stock hardware), I also tried that (version 1.09) and this one failed during loading in the most interesting way, it essentially made the MiSTer Atari core do a thing that Atari cannot do it seems, I will let people in the game thread know too. It is interesting to see that this game bends the hardware so much...? But, the main point for me is essentially this - how to effortlessly keep your developments for the Eclaire XL and anything else you are working on in sync with the MiSTer repo... I would like to offer something of the kind "I will keep an eye on your repo and implement the corresponding changes in the MiSTer repo" but I know I will eventually loose it and will have a problem keeping up this promise. EDIT: I also ran the ACID tests, the Pokey IRQ timing tests now pass, there are only two failed tests left, see photos, and it might be that the serial timing one is due to disk emulation perhaps? The Antic DLI timing bug does sound like something that can mess up these demos and games though...
  20. @cvgaI only have the ultra rare version from Canada left, send me a PM, if you are still interested.
  21. Stella has a Time Machine tab! Is there a tab for the touchpad?
  22. I see what you mean. That's easy. Let's add Sea Bomber to Destroyer in "Not Arcade, But Similar" because they both have that mechanism where you set the depth. And let's also remove Sea Bomber from Bombs Away in "Not Arcade But Similar," since Bombs Away doesn't have that mechanism where you set the depth. @Atariboy Good deal? Look better now?
  23. I've got such a board on my site if you are up for the soldering challenge. Or I've purchased from this Ebay seller and the board seems to work.
  1. Load more activity